Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2015, 03:35 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,264,758 times

Advertisements

Lol. Maybe the employee referenced in the OP had to deal with the OP from this thread.

What was the last thing you bought
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2015, 03:51 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa2011 View Post
Once Upon A Time, Long Ago and Far Away, changing room staff actually helped... they'd stop and knock after a few minutes and ask if you needed another size, if there was anything else they could do for you, etc. They don't do that anymore.
Last time I shopped at Nordstoms not only did she bring various outfits and ask about sizes and such, she brought me a chai latte and hung up the items that didn't make the cut.

Love shopping at Nordstroms.

Old 11-29-2015, 04:34 PM

7,098 posts, read 4,825,782 times
My Golden Rule is, and always has been "Leave it as you Found it". In the clothing store, at home, at work....if you move or remove something, put it back the way it was before you touched it, if possible!!

Old 11-29-2015, 04:35 PM

2,632 posts, read 4,051,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Last time I shopped at Nordstoms not only did she bring various outfits and ask about sizes and such, she brought me a chai latte and hung up the items that didn't make the cut.

You can't compare a higher tier retailer with massmarket. Nordies is not Target. Customers at Target and lower tier stores can't expect all the same treatment as higher tiered or even top tier stores. The prices reflect the customer base and there's a reason you can have personal shoppers in some stores and not others.

Old 11-29-2015, 05:05 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,264,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexWest View Post
You can't compare a higher tier retailer with massmarket. Nordies is not Target. Customers at Target and lower tier stores can't expect all the same treatment as higher tiered or even top tier stores. The prices reflect the customer base and there's a reason you can have personal shoppers in some stores and not others.
Was the prior poster talking about Target or a similar store though? In my previous post I was going to mention Nordstrom, but I've always used my regular sales associate, a personal shopper, or bought suits. In all cases I was checked on, but I didn't think it was applicable since there was a relationship in one case, an unique dynamic in another, and with suits, it is standard practice to check on the customer so that is just par for the course.

As far as prices go, I haven't noticed identical items priced significantly higher at Nordstrom. Sometimes Nordstrom is actually cheaper. For example, Nordstrom has a Northface Chillkat I I boot for under $100, but even Amazon is listed over $100 and direct from the North Face or Dick's sporting goods is even higher (about $110 iirc).

Old 11-29-2015, 05:09 PM

4,749 posts, read 4,323,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
love it!

I get a minor twinge of annoyance when i'm swiping my card in a gas pump or similar and the message comes up: "remove card quickly"

i just did, for heaven's sake. So there!
same here!

Old 11-29-2015, 05:55 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,032,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post

how nice for you

Old 11-29-2015, 06:21 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,414,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnseca View Post
This hasn't happened to me. What does happen often is that the attendant acts more like a security guard, carefully counting the garments and giving me the stink eye like I'm going to try to steal something. It's so bad in some stores that I actually don't want to shop there. It's not me personally - they are like that to everyone. Poor management, probably. More worried about losing money from people stealing something than making money from people buying stuff.
Because of so many people stealing things. Some stores have a large amount of shrinkage, so everyone is aware and looking for those people stealing things. If the employees view you like this, thank your fellow customers for stealing things year after year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa2011 View Post
Once Upon A Time, Long Ago and Far Away, changing room staff actually helped... they'd stop and knock after a few minutes and ask if you needed another size, if there was anything else they could do for you, etc. They don't do that anymore.
That was a long time ago, and still goes on depending on the store. The person doing this was the merchandiser, now days many places have reduced or eliminated merchandisers, and shift the sales associates to this job. problem is the stores keep the awkward requirement of sales goals and customer service for the sales associates, while still directing them to clean fitting rooms. So yea, some sales staff become a bit frustrated when the manager is riding their rear for making sales goals, and at the same time riding their rear to clean the fitting rooms out; cannot do both at the same time.

Old 11-29-2015, 06:29 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexWest View Post
Oh, indeed customer service at Nordstroms varies from from that at Target or Walmart.

Naturally, the customer pays for this level of service.

Is any of this a surprise?

Old 11-29-2015, 07:11 PM

6,981 posts, read 10,951,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I have never in my life been told anything like that by a store clerk. I would not bring clothes out without putting them back on the hanger either, though.
Same here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty