Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2015, 08:57 AM

1,764 posts, read 1,672,717 times

Advertisements

^^^^^Great Post !

This is what I like too - boots and scarves. I have a new pair of Joan & David knee high boots they're so comfortable, really happy to find good quality boots
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2015, 06:42 PM

2,026 posts, read 334,321 times
Boots, scarves and leggings. Need I say more??

Old 12-13-2015, 01:59 AM

715 posts, read 1,074,131 times
Sweaters - I have so many. I even have a good number of sweater dresses.

Boots - Anything from ankle to knee high. I even love wearing my heavy winter boots.

North Face - Its rare for me leave the house without something from this brand on. From layering fleeces to vests to jackets to heavy winter jackets/coats. It's all about the right amount of warmth for any given temperature, especially in this city of wind and wide temperature swings within a week.

Turtlenecks - I must keep my neck/upper chest area warm or I am guaranteed to catch a cold or scratchy/sore throat during the winter. While I do like scarves as well, when in the office, I don't have to worry about adjusting, snagging, or accidentally staining a scarf while eating.

Cushioned, soft wool socks - I never really owned any until I went on my first ski trip a few years ago. Changed my life. My feet weren't just warm, they made wearing boots soooo much better. I can go all day without "boot fatigue".

Old 12-14-2015, 01:47 PM

1,764 posts, read 1,672,717 times
^^^^Great post ! Wool socks are a nice gift, too.

Old 12-14-2015, 09:02 PM

6 posts, read 4,473 times
Winter gloves essential!

Old 12-15-2015, 11:10 AM

1,511 posts, read 1,973,761 times
Speaking as a guy, I enjoy the opportunity to go pull out:

-Peacoats and overcoats
-Scarves, especially plaid or marled
-Shawl-collar cardigans, crew-neck sweaters in various colors

Old 12-17-2015, 07:08 AM

3,763 posts, read 5,861,321 times
I have a Ralph Lauren velvet sport coat that I love wearing around Christmas time. Paired with my Brooks Brothers tartan plaid sport shirts and some nice slacks, I feel really dressed up for the holiday parties. The RL was not on sale and I broke my own rule, never pay retail for anything. But it seemed to say "Buy Me" and I did. I haven't been sorry.

Old 12-17-2015, 10:35 PM

2 posts, read 1,341 times
<a href="http://goodnightmacaroon.co">cashmere sweaters</a> are the best choice to wear in winter season to keep your body warm enough.

Old 12-17-2015, 11:12 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
I live in northern california. This year has been such chillier than any recent years. Since our weather is pretty mild, I generally wear the same stuff year round. Though in the winter I do much simpler patterns, a lot of black and white, more solid colors. And I love patterned tights. I recently discovered that ankle boots are my favorite kind, so I wear those with dresses or skirts all the time. They give my generally "preppy" style an edge. Otherwise it is jeans and ankle boots and maybe a sweater. I don't have many stand alone ones.

Winter for us is generally the rainy season, so this year I got some chelsea styled rain boots to add to the rotation! I am struggling though as this is the first year I remember where rain and cold go together. Uncertain about what I will wear!

Old 12-17-2015, 11:29 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,610,170 times
We don't get much of a winter here in SoCal, but I just love boots! Particularly knee-high ones in leather or suede. I wear them with sweater dresses when it gets chilly enough. I'm currently in the market for a riding type boot with a relatively flat heel that I could wear with jeans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty