Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2016, 09:06 PM

710 posts, read 585,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulJourn View Post
I understand your question, and I think it's great that younger men have a desire to present themselves in their best light to women!

We women have more tools at our disposal, but many men can improve their appearances, too.

1. Have a good facial once a month. If you have comedones (commonly called black heads) have them extracted. Use the products that they recommend.

2. Take meticulous care of your teeth. Keep them white so your smile sparkles!

3. If you have facial hair, keep it neat and organized. If you are going to have some sort of a beard, make sure it is well "landscaped". Get professional help about this. Some men look good scruffy - but IMO very few do.

4. eyebrows! If you have great eyes - and I am sure that you do, have your brows styled and shaped on a monthly basis. You want to frame those eyes with well tended brows.

5. keep your lips supple and soft. When you get that facial, ask the person what you should use. Many men run around with cracked, dry, or peeling lips.

6. Get a good haircut. Look at magazines. Some black men look awesome with very closely cropped hair (I am thinking of the actor on Criminal Minds) others might want to have a short Afro.
ASK opinions of experts about your hair. I am sure there are other options.

7. I am old enough to be your mom. I have kids around your age. Please do not tattoo yourself anywhere near your head, face or neck. Same goes for earrings and gauges. DON'T!

Find out what colors to wear that look best with your complexion. If you start with the facial, you can get recommendations.
Thanks for all the advice, I appreciate it!!! I will definitely get professional opinions on how I look.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2016, 09:08 PM

10,225 posts, read 7,591,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomguy18 View Post
I'm not severely overweight but I could stand to lose a few pounds and I'm working on that. I'm actually pretty thin and what some would label "skinny fat". I'm also working on gaining more confidence, my self-esteem hasn't been really high for most of my life but I'm trying to work on the problems that made it low. Also, I don't think there's really much I can do with hair. I always keep it cut because with AA hair, or at least with AA male hair in my experience, it just looks unkempt when it grows. I think it looks better that way but I have never really tried experimenting with different hairstyles. I once used texturizer to try to make it curly but that ended up not really working out. As for my mustache, it's not really that big even when I shave it. I'm guessing I'll grow more facial hair as I age because I don't really have that much at this point.
So you have a mustache? Good. Not one of those big caterpillar ones, but I love a slim mustache on SOME men. You have to judge if it suits you.

As for the lean face, one of the differences between men and women is that men have less fat under the skin, so their faces are more chiseled-like or less poofy. I love the jawline of a man and the cheeks.

How are your teeth? Teeth are VERY important. They don't have to be spectacular, but bad teeth won't attract the opposite sex. If you have good teeth, then that's great.

Noses don't seem to be a big deal on men. Men with all sorts of noses have been ladies men.

Just be glad you're not a woman! For women, looks are very important. Men can be sexy and ladies men w/o actually being exceptionally good looking.

I worked for a young lawyer once who was not blessed with good looks. The poor fella had nothing going for him but his brain. His face, his height, his size (he was a little fella, wore glasses, not good hair). BUT as I got to know him, I could see what his gf saw in him. He was a GREAT guy, and I thought any girl would be lucky to have him. He was always so upbeat, positive, kind, friendly, laughed easily, treated everyone with respect. He had a sharp wit and was a funny guy, but not a clown. It's true....if you can make a woman laugh, you're halfway there. Women also like smart men, and men with good jobs. It's the ol' caveman appeal, you know.

One of the actresses on the Andy Griffith Show said THIS guy was a ladies man!:
http://america.pink/images/5/7/6/0/7...arney-fife.jpg

Old 03-14-2016, 09:22 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulJourn View Post
I
7. I am old enough to be your mom. I have kids around your age. Please do not tattoo yourself anywhere near your head, face or neck. Same goes for earrings and gauges. DON'T!
I am not a fan of tattoos all over myself or piercings (and I am male) but let me say this, there are more and more women my age and your kids' ages, who DO like that. I can't tell you how many personals I've seen looking for tattooed men. It's not absolutes like it was some two/three decades ago that tattoos and piercings are a no-no

Old 03-14-2016, 09:46 PM

2,648 posts, read 2,318,567 times
Quote:
Growing up, I was called ugly and unattractive by some people and I never really got any attention from the opposite sex. I was wondering if there is any way that a guy could become more attractive in the face. If I were to rate myself on a scale of 1-10, I think I'd be maybe a 4 or 4.5. I wanted to hopefully change that to maybe a 6 or 6.5. I don't want to do anything radical or expensive like plastic surgery. I also dress pretty well and I take care of myself when it comes to hygiene, so I have no problems with that. I once posted on a Reddit section that judges looks and people said I looked average. I'm 18 but I think I look my age, I don't really have any facial hair, and I don't know if it matters much but I'm black. One feature that I got compliments before on are my eyes but that's pretty much it.
Smile. Smile. Smile.. I think any guy is attractive when he smiles with a smile that reaches his eyes. If you can make people laugh that's even better.

Old 03-14-2016, 10:07 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,266,619 times
To whomever left the unsigned reputation comment, do a bit of research before making a false statement.........
Discoid lupus erythematosus can be divided into localized, generalized, and childhood discoid lupus erythematosus.[SIZE=3][1][/SIZE]

Old 03-14-2016, 10:12 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,893,310 times
Quote:
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet For anyone interested, this is a picture that I took of myself a few minutes ago. Sorry for the poor quality, it's my laptop webcam.
You are cute and will grow into your features!

Old 03-15-2016, 03:02 AM

3 posts, read 26,712 times
Default Making yourself more attractive in the face

Girls look at your eyes and eyebrows. I have no idea what you look like but here are ideas on improving your physical attractiveness. 1. Do you have unruly brows or a unibrow? If so change that with waxing. 2. Do you have a haircut that looks attractive on you? 3. Do you wear glasses and if so just switch to contacts. BTW...Girls don't like facial hair anyway. 4. Your smile is important. Dentists can do wonders and also whiten your smile. 5. If you have any unnecessary warts or moles, you can easily get them removed. 6. ALso, the #1 most popular procedure for men and women is rhinoplasty or a nose job. You can get minor refinements and put it on a zero percent credit card. 7. Another thing that women look at is if you work out at the gym. Are you lifting weights to strengthen your body? If you are overweight, losing weight is pretty easy at 18. If you are skinny, you can bulk up with weights. Most people get more attractive as they get older. Being 18 can suck sometimes but you will get better looking with age. Hope these tips help you.

Old 03-15-2016, 08:11 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,409,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
All of those things above are far more important than perfect facial features. If you think women are attracted to Channing Tatum, believe me it's not his facial symmetry they are interested in.
And honestly, if you look at Channing TAtum's face from some angles he's kind of goofy looking. But put the guy in a well-fitting suit or watch him dance, and that doesn't really matter.

Old 03-15-2016, 09:11 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,718,061 times
Quote:
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet For anyone interested, this is a picture that I took of myself a few minutes ago. Sorry for the poor quality, it's my laptop webcam.
You're very cute! At this point you have a little bit of a baby-face, but you'll grow into it. Make sure you brush and floss regularly and look into teeth whitening kits or even going to the dentist for whitening. Keep going to the gym and working out. It does wonders for your body and your self-esteem.

Old 03-15-2016, 09:39 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,970,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I think it is very curious that so many cannot seem to accept themselves as they are and be successful in life when so many before them have proven that one's physical appearance does not hinder anything they don't allow it to.
One very successful example is Seal, he has a form of Lupus that scars the skin above the neck yet he is still Seal.....
Because people are shallow and are judged by their looks. It's not fair, but that's the way life is. I had horrible facial acne for more than 20 years, and I was very embarrassed by it. It didn't matter that I had a good personality and was smart; I still hated the way I looked. I eventually cleared it up with a dermatologist's help using Accutane.

As for OP, what do you feel makes you unattractive? You have gorgeous skin, teeth, and a great smile. What you need is self confidence. Unfortunately, that is a trait you develop as you age. Age is such a tough thing. When you're young, you have a lot of energy, your whole life is ahead of you, but you often lack in confidence, and when you age, you lose the energy, your health may somewhat decline, the looks may go, but you're more comfortable in your own skin and have learned the life's lessons you didn't know when you were young and stupid But we cannot make you feel better about yourself; only you can do that. Consider what you have to offer others. What are your talents and innate abilities? Maybe volunteering would offer you an outlet to demonstrate these gifts to other people and make you feel better about yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty