Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2016, 09:42 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,896,568 times

Advertisements

The farther you get from high school the less looks matter. Concentrate on your education and you will have your pick of women in a few years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2016, 09:58 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,697,821 times
There's nothing u can do. Just accept yourself as being a 4 and move on. Nothing wrong with that.

Old 03-15-2016, 10:08 AM

951 posts, read 1,141,150 times
OP, hopefully, you won't take this as offensive, but you can use makeup as we women do. I have the typical Asian nose, and I will contour it for photos. You can use makeup to contour your nose to make it look more narrow (I like powders when it comes to contouring). Overall, you have nice features. I was expecting to see someone hideous looking from the way you described yourself, but you really just need to work on your self esteem. Been there myself.

You are still young and you have a lot of years to improve on yourself. It's true that as women age, we care less about how a man looks and what he has to offer in other ways. This doesn't mean we don't care about looks at all, but if you have other great qualities, the right woman will overlook what you're probably so insecure about.

Old 03-15-2016, 11:33 AM

710 posts, read 584,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AhRainess View Post
OP, hopefully, you won't take this as offensive, but you can use makeup as we women do. I have the typical Asian nose, and I will contour it for photos. You can use makeup to contour your nose to make it look more narrow (I like powders when it comes to contouring). Overall, you have nice features. I was expecting to see someone hideous looking from the way you described yourself, but you really just need to work on your self esteem. Been there myself.

You are still young and you have a lot of years to improve on yourself. It's true that as women age, we care less about how a man looks and what he has to offer in other ways. This doesn't mean we don't care about looks at all, but if you have other great qualities, the right woman will overlook what you're probably so insecure about.
Thanks for the advice. I was wary about using makeup because of the fact that I know nothing about it and the stigma that'd come along with it. I'm working on my self-esteem currently, it's hard but I'm trying. Hopefully in the future I'll be more improved mentally and physically and a better person overall.

Old 03-15-2016, 11:55 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,889,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomguy18 View Post
Thanks for the advice. I was wary about using makeup because of the fact that I know nothing about it and the stigma that'd come along with it. I'm working on my self-esteem currently, it's hard but I'm trying. Hopefully in the future I'll be more improved mentally and physically and a better person overall.
Self-esteem does wonders! Work on that an your "natural beauty" will shine through!

Old 03-15-2016, 01:00 PM

671 posts, read 854,689 times
Quote:
Growing up, I was called ugly and unattractive by some people and I never really got any attention from the opposite sex. I was wondering if there is any way that a guy could become more attractive in the face. If I were to rate myself on a scale of 1-10, I think I'd be maybe a 4 or 4.5. I wanted to hopefully change that to maybe a 6 or 6.5. I don't want to do anything radical or expensive like plastic surgery. I also dress pretty well and I take care of myself when it comes to hygiene, so I have no problems with that. I once posted on a Reddit section that judges looks and people said I looked average. I'm 18 but I think I look my age, I don't really have any facial hair, and I don't know if it matters much but I'm black. One feature that I got compliments before on are my eyes but that's pretty much it.

I am so sorry that you have been led to believe that you are "ugly". Please do not listen to those people. If you are average looking and have pretty eyes, all you need is a good personality. Keep a trim weight with a flat stomach and continue to dress well and pay attention to hygiene.

Ignore anyone (including relatives) who tell you that you are unattractive!

Old 03-15-2016, 03:18 PM

2,684 posts, read 2,402,404 times
Smile more. You say you naturally have a "serious face", but I'd imagine it's actually personality. People can sense when others feel happy.

As far as how a face looks, there are really only three things you can change- (1) fix any obvious issues (i.e. acne/blemishes/large moles/etc), (2) have straight white teeth (whitening + invisalign), and (3) lose weight (only applies if overweight obviously).

(2) is very important- nothing conveys wealth and beauty more than straight white teeth. As a teenager it is common for many people to have them, but as time passes it gets harder and harder, and more expensive, to maintain a perfect set of teeth.

Old 03-15-2016, 04:34 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,323,563 times
Quote:
... Thanks, I will take that advice. Also, I knew women weren't solely attracted to him for his looks but I thought it was a big part of it. Sure, he's rich and famous and I'm sure he has good social skills but a lot of women think he's hot.
The secret to Channing Tatum's success is that he is extremely comfortable in his own skin. No one could dance like that unless they lacked inhibitions and were very secure in their own attractiveness. To some degree that is something certain people are born with. We call it charisma. I know I don't have it and I think it's more of an innate thing that those of us who don't have it really can't really learn.

But the more secure you become within your own self, the more shyness you are able to let go of, you will automatically be more attractive to the opposite sex and people like employers. It sounds to me like you are doing a good job improving your life, which is really more important in the end than improving your looks.

Keep up the good grooming, work on your education, and spend your money wisely. All those things will give you more confidence to be able to look people in the eye, smile, put out your hand and introduce yourself with the idea that they WANT to meet you.

You seem like an honest person who is able to ask for help when necessary, which are important characteristics to have. Pursue things you are good at (it doesn't have to be dancing provocatively ), have confidence, and people will be attracted to you for that, much more than a pretty face. Good luck!

Old 03-15-2016, 04:43 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,173,318 times
I saw your pic. I think you are a nice looking guy. I am gathering from your other posts that you have been bullied and now you are dealing with self esteem and body issues. I understand this from my own, albeit female, experience.

Here's is what I want you to know. The thing that makes you most attractive is the organ you have between your ears. You want to know what makes a guy attractive to worthwhile women? Intelligence. If you develop your mind, and become really good at something, you will become amazingly attractive. The other thing to develop, is the ability to talk to anyone, including women. You don't have to say so much, but listening is highly attractive. You want to have interesting things to talk about? Develop your mind, along with your body and personality. To me it sounds as if you are well groomed. You are getting into shape. You know you need to learn how to communicate. Good! But if you want to have good things to say to people, you need to learn stuff, acquire skills, and develop your mind.

I read so many of these pleas here, from men and women, about how to become attractive. Dumb people aren't attractive, except perhaps at first if they are pretty. After a going nowhere conversation though, you figure out this person has nothing to offer.

Like attracts like. Be good enough to attract the person you would like to attract. So, while you are working on your grooming, which sounds already fine, and your personality, don't forget to develop your mind.

Old 03-15-2016, 05:11 PM

62 posts, read 75,744 times
Take good care of your appearance as mentioned, nice hair style for your face, clean shaven or nicely trimmed facial hair if that's your thing. Neatly dressed is always big for me. If a guy is handsome but a total slob he is completely unappealing. Also how you act and conduct yourself. Someone who puts themselves out rather than being lazy and disinterested scores a lot of browny points and that goes a long way to winning the favour of the ladies. A large percentage of what makes you attractive is what is inside and shining through for the world to see. Positive attitude, cheerful and pleasant to be around, helpful, patient, kind and a good friend. It's not all about outward appearance. And actually inner beauty is reflected in the face so that will transform you. You are still young, don't start stressing out about life and relationships now. Just focus on being the best you you can be and everything will happen in its own time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty