Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2016, 09:18 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times

Advertisements

VS bras are of terrible quality, and so overpriced for what they are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2016, 09:31 AM

4,978 posts, read 5,770,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
I've never wondered how often other women launder their bras or anything else.
Me neither...I can honestly say I've never once wondered about that....

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
jeeze who is the blue blazes is spending 40 -50 dollars a bra ? go to wal mart and pick up a few and be done with it and when those wear out go and get some more . 50 bucks a bra ? no way I could afford that ever .
Um, people who actually have bigger boobs! Those cheap Walmart bras do not fit those of us who need actual support! You get what you pay for, and cheap simply does NOT WORK for some of us. I've never found a cheap bra to fit well.

I will say I do wear my daily "go to work" bras more than once before washing.

I do not sweat at work. My pits are no where near the fabric of my bras. I don't get boob sweat while at work. When I get home, I change out of work clothes into other clothes, including a sports bra. I do wash the sports bras more often, simply because they DO get sweaty on my walks.

Old 05-14-2016, 09:37 AM

26,655 posts, read 28,691,193 times
I buy quality bras and wash them in cold water in the washer using a mesh bag so they don't get tangled.

If you live in a cold climate, you don't even sweat so your bras don't need daily washing. A bra doesn't even cover that much skin area anyway and mine definitely don't come up to my armpits! Try using an antiperspirant or deodorant. If it's summer and the weather is hot and sweaty, of course I would wash my bra after wearing. The two things I wash after each wear are camis and underpants.

All this overwashing is hard on the clothes and anyway it's not necessary unless the person has some problem with overly perspiring.

Old 05-14-2016, 09:37 AM

6,005 posts, read 4,788,986 times
You could wear your bra on your head when showering. The bra gets clean, your ears don't get water in them. No one can comment on how stinky your bra is... but if they did, you could hear it because there's no water in your ears.
I'm like Martha Stewart with the advice over here.

Old 05-14-2016, 09:41 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,326,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty61 View Post
I wouldn't even conceive of judging people over bra washing. Just when I think Ive heard it all ...........
yeah it's like a person I know who used to start threads like "how often do you put on deodorant" or "do you use a towel twice" TMI coming in and going out.

Old 05-14-2016, 10:10 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,372,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
jeeze who is the blue blazes is spending 40 -50 dollars a bra ? go to wal mart and pick up a few and be done with it and when those wear out go and get some more . 50 bucks a bra ? no way I could afford that ever .
Good quality bras for busty women are expensive. I routinely spend $70 or more. Sports bras are not quite as high but still run about $50. I wear cheap t-shirts and live in the same two pairs of shorts all summer, but I pay a bundle for my bras and my shoes.

Old 05-14-2016, 11:25 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Good quality bras for busty women are expensive. I routinely spend $70 or more. Sports bras are not quite as high but still run about $50. I wear cheap t-shirts and live in the same two pairs of shorts all summer, but I pay a bundle for my bras and my shoes.
True. True.

The girls have served me well over the years. They caught the the attention of a good man and nourished our babies. The money I spend on decent bras is well worth it.

I also pay a bundle for Vionics these days. My knees are ever so grateful.

Old 05-14-2016, 11:42 AM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Boob sweat? You might be surprised how many women out there don't have the luxury of having boobs big enough to sweat. Pit sweat? Well, there are anti-perspirants that people use, and there's not much occasion to sweat, anyway, except for summer. Washing after just a few wearings was more or less the norm, I thought... Barring a heat wave, or whatever.

Old 05-14-2016, 11:45 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,396,829 times
I don't necessarily wash anything, including bras, after only one wearing. Sure, if I'm outside in August sweating, that bra will go in the laundry immediately. If all I've done is sit in my over-air-conditioned office, I'll hang it up and wear it again in a day or two.

Old 05-14-2016, 11:47 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Women who need actual supportime from a bra. A $15 bra from Walmart is not going to cut it.

Frankly I think Victoria's Secret bras are not good either. More about the looks than the functionality.
VS bras used to be good. They've been crappy for years now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty