Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2016, 06:32 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,630,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Those ear gauges are utterly disgusting. They often even smell until they heal and then they put the next larger one in. At least tats don't smell like a homeless person's ass.
Eww. Stop ruining my fantasies about Tom Kaulitz!

Old 10-01-2016, 07:07 AM

2,335 posts, read 4,156,383 times
Eh, live and let live. I don't care either way, tattoos can be sexy on some women.

IBTL

Old 10-01-2016, 07:15 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,126,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
I was at a concert and a young guy maybe 18ish was covered in logos of company's. He had Dodge, John Deere, cat, Cummins, some beer company. I just shook my head and thought he will regret that one day.
LOL. Does he get paid the same rate as a billboard?

One guy I ran into was heavily tattooed but had a modest "VW' emblem on his forearm. Nothing too outrageous... blended in with the rest of his tats. Didn't think much of it until I realized that he owned a air cooled VW restoration shop and it has been his passion for most of his life. Almost bought a neat Baja from him.

Old 10-01-2016, 07:18 AM

26,701 posts, read 41,786,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec Solano View Post
Hi!
Recently I thought about a phenomenon of social culture. Increasingly, I
see girls with tatooes. Even teenagers 15-17 y. o.

Maybe I'm conservative, but I think that, historically, tattoos on the body were
the natives of the Pacific Islands and Africa. Then they came in Europe
and use by sailors, criminals and prostitutes. They were set makes it for
a crime as a sign that person has broken the law.

I don't understand why modern people mutilate his body, especially women.
You can tell that there is a "blue disease" - tattoo addiction.
But then, why it's not classified as a mental disorder?
What you think?
Yeah, you are conservative. I don't have a tattoo myself but seeing anyone who gets one as having a mental illness is your problem. I emphasize it is a PROBLEM.

Old 10-01-2016, 07:20 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,545,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Yeah, you are conservative. I don't have a tattoo myself but seeing anyone who gets one as having a mental illness is your problem. I emphasize it is a PROBLEM.
Yeah I missed that part... so think you're spot on there mate

Old 10-01-2016, 07:24 AM

1,650 posts, read 1,117,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
I was at a concert and a young guy maybe 18ish was covered in logos of company's. He had Dodge, John Deere, cat, Cummins, some beer company. I just shook my head and thought he will regret that one day.
Lol try the ford oval on one shoulder, mustang horse logo on the other. But hey to each their own.

Old 10-01-2016, 08:11 AM

4,005 posts, read 4,113,028 times
I believe that the the OP is correct that sailers, criminals, etc used to get tattoos. But there are a lot of instances where the young segment of society embraced behaviors of different groups to prove that they are "badasses" as well. Then you get older people trying to cling onto their youth, so they copy what young people are doing.

I don't have any tattoos. I'm not a fan of them. I have worked with people who have them, then complain that they have $10 left that has to last four days. Everyone has their own way of viewing priorities.

Old 10-01-2016, 08:43 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,378,600 times
It's tattoo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Tattoos on women can look incredibly sexy depending on what it is and where

End of the day I don't have any yet but plan to but who am I to be critical on who's got a tattoo or 2?.... their body their choice
Why of course. I have 24 and plans for several more. My custom work, especially my large pieces, have significant meaning and symbolism.

The majority of men I dated before meeting my now-husband didn't have tattoos, or had only a few. Even my first husband, an AD Marine for 12 years, didn't get his first tattoo until after he got out. My husband doesn't have any and has no plans for any.

He doesn't mind coming up with designs for me.

Old 10-01-2016, 09:18 AM

10,215 posts, read 17,906,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec Solano View Post
Hi!
Recently I thought about a phenomenon of social culture. Increasingly, I
see girls with tatooes. Even teenagers 15-17 y. o.

Maybe I'm conservative, but I think that, historically, tattoos on the body were
the natives of the Pacific Islands and Africa. Then they came in Europe
and use by sailors, criminals and prostitutes. They were set makes it for
a crime as a sign that person has broken the law.

I don't understand why modern people mutilate his body, especially women.
You can tell that there is a "blue disease" - tattoo addiction.
But then, why it's not classified as a mental disorder?
What you think?
What do I think? I think you're an incredibly judgmental person. If tattoos are a mental disorder, than so is ear piercing. Doesn't really matter where it came from in history, it's a common and mostly accepted part of society now so arguably the only one with abnormal thinking and behavior here would be someone who thinks a common and accepted form of expression in society is a sign of a mental disorder.

What it comes down to is that you think tattoos are trashy (especially on women, do you have a problem with women?), but anyone with true class, even if they thought tattoos trashy, would never say something that rude and crass out loud. So, you are no better than the people you're criticizing.

Btw, I've reported you for posting someone's photo here, probably without their permission. That is a copyright violation and probably a breach of someone's privacy too. You've gone way too far in several different ways. I'm sure it won't be long until this topic is locked.

Old 10-01-2016, 09:23 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,545,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
It's tattoo.

Why of course. I have 24 and plans for several more. My custom work, especially my large pieces, have significant meaning and symbolism.

The majority of men I dated before meeting my now-husband didn't have tattoos, or had only a few. Even my first husband, an AD Marine for 12 years, didn't get his first tattoo until after he got out. My husband doesn't have any and has no plans for any.

He doesn't mind coming up with designs for me.
24 ( won't ask where )

That's the thing my love they can have a deep meaning and be very personal to someone which one of the reasons why it wouldn't bother me as such and I'd respect it.

I'm looking for my first ( been saying it for the last 5 years ) on my left shoulder/upper arm ... problem is I don't know what
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.