Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2017, 10:17 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchen963 View Post
The OP is gone.
Don't worry he'll be back soon. He's never gone for very long.

And 5' 11" is a good height for a good man. A guy who isn't good could be any height at all and it wouldn't make any difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2017, 12:22 AM

5,251 posts, read 3,610,760 times
Just put 1" of product in your hair to brush it up & reach your dream height.

Your welcome.

Old 02-05-2017, 02:34 AM

6,957 posts, read 8,493,779 times
It isn't too good for living a long life if you're over 6 feet tall! How many 90 year old basketball players do you know of? Not many, if any, because they're all dead by 90! Visit a nursing home and see how many 6'+ men you see! It's a real eye-opener! Real tall ...die young!

Old 02-05-2017, 07:52 AM

2,218 posts, read 2,940,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
It isn't too good for living a long life if you're over 6 feet tall! How many 90 year old basketball players do you know of? Not many, if any, because they're all dead by 90! Visit a nursing home and see how many 6'+ men you see! It's a real eye-opener! Real tall ...die young!
To be honest I'm not sure living into your 90's is all that great anyway especially if you are in a nursing home.

My husband comes from a family of very tall people (he is 6'7") and they have lived very long lives (into their 80's and some still living). As for professional athletes, I think a lot of them have lived very hard lives. The sport alone is hard on the athlete and then add in the alcohol, drugs and partying life style that many live can also contribute to a shorter life span. My 1st husband played for the Raiders and while he was one of the guys that didn't party/drink the sport alone has caused him many issues. He is only in his fifties and has already had hip replacement surgery. He walks like an old man now. I also think that his cognitive abilities have been impaired by so many blows to his head. So yeah....you probably aren't going to see many 90 year old athletes especially one's that played high impact sports like basketball, football, boxing, etc.

Old 02-05-2017, 08:07 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,575,119 times
You can be a 6-footer in as little as 12 minutes a day three times a week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d183n2eK-m4

Old 02-05-2017, 09:52 AM

3,648 posts, read 3,785,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwithnoname View Post
Average height for men, height and weight chart

Your not short, your 1 inch above average.
Funny. I just finished an ergonomics contract adapting a couple pieces of farm equipment for a person who had a serious injury (non-farm related).

In my research, I learned that much of the world, not just cars or other vehicles, is set up for males that are 5'10" and 180 lbs. That's the average. But, that has little to do with our perception of things.

Old 02-05-2017, 12:11 PM

6,769 posts, read 5,490,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mideto View Post
I'm 5'11 barefoot and there are many times when I feel kinda short. I see so many guys and even a few girls who look taller than I do, although, it may be due to the fact that you cannot see the top of your head, so other people appear to be taller than they really are.

For example, one time I met this African American woman, who appeared to be taller than I am, but later we both stood in front of a mirror and I was taller than she was. This has happened with other people as well.

I wish I had grown to 6'1, which would be the ideal height for me, but it didn't happen. I always make sure to wear good shoes, and not flat shoes or sneakers, such as converse or Vans, in order to maximize my height as much as possible. I wouldn't wear elevator shoes, though, they are ugly, overpriced and uncomfortable.
Gee, I'm a man,. 5'6". You make me feel so....so....inadequate now.

Gee, Thanks.

{my father was 5'3", and my mother 5'9", so I came out right in the middle.}

Old 02-05-2017, 12:14 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,615,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mideto View Post
I'm 5'11 barefoot and there are many times when I feel kinda short. I see so many guys and even a few girls who look taller than I do, although, it may be due to the fact that you cannot see the top of your head, so other people appear to be taller than they really are.

For example, one time I met this African American woman, who appeared to be taller than I am, but later we both stood in front of a mirror and I was taller than she was. This has happened with other people as well.

I wish I had grown to 6'1, which would be the ideal height for me, but it didn't happen. I always make sure to wear good shoes, and not flat shoes or sneakers, such as converse or Vans, in order to maximize my height as much as possible. I wouldn't wear elevator shoes, though, they are ugly, overpriced and uncomfortable.
I do not recognize the term "African American" as I doubt you actually know the woman's nationality, much less where her ancestors came from. For example, call a black person African that is from Jamaica, and you will get an earful. I do however understand your point as some blacks will have hair that goes up well beyond their actual height.
Regardless, as to your height in general, you are actually above average for an American male. You would be small if you were Dutch, and towering if you lived in Peru.
I am very tall myself, and do notice a lot of younger kids are getting bigger (in every direction).

As to your footwear choices, being tall I never think about it, but I imagine it can make a big difference to someone who feels too short. There is a funny episode of Seinfeld (which ones aren't), where the midget named Mickey has the hots for another midget. They are doing some acting gig, but Mickey decides to "heighten" to atract her, which I guess is frowned upon in their circle, because he is then shunned.
I think there is another episode or at least a reference to George wearing a brand of shoe called Timberland, which I surmise adds a few inches to your height without disco platform heel shoes. I always get a kick out of seeing a scene from Saturday Night Fever where all the guys are wearing 3-5 inch heals.

Anyway, don't worry about your height as you are fine for most women.
That is unless you are looking for a tall supermodel type of woman.

Old 02-05-2017, 12:39 PM

615 posts, read 1,375,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clawsondude View Post
As long as you don't have aspirations to be an NBA player or an NFL linebacker I don't really see why your height would limit you in your life.
Average men's earnings increase as their height increases. High-status and high-earning men, such as corporate CEOs, are disproportionately taller than average. Women prefer to date and marry men who are taller than they are, so men who are tall are more likely to date and get married than short men.

Old 02-05-2017, 01:28 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,763,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
IS 5'11 a good height for what?
Do you know how many petite women there are out there who would think you're basically a giant?
What're ya worried about?
Not giant. I'm short and I don't think so. However with my nephews I really had to crank my neck because they are 6'3 and 6'2.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty