Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2017, 09:04 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,866,909 times

Advertisements

I know for many of us, it is a running joke that Target is a dangerous place. You may come in with the intention of buying toilet paper, and leave spending an extra $20, $50 or more on other stuff because it was cute.

This thread is for those temptations - whether they came home with you or not.

This weekend I went to Target to pick up some conditioner and other personal goods. And I left with these silly pineapple pjs. I couldn't resist the happy pineapples.

Target : Expect More. Pay Less.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2017, 02:22 PM

1,684 posts, read 3,954,438 times
i'm with you there!! I really have to watch myself in there....

there's always something that catches my eye and pocketbook!!

Old 05-08-2017, 02:34 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,723,845 times
Default .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I know for many of us, it is a running joke that Target is a dangerous place. You may come in with the intention of buying toilet paper, and leave spending an extra $20, $50 or more on other stuff because it was cute.

This weekend I went to Target to pick up some conditioner and other personal goods. And I left with these silly pineapple pjs. I couldn't resist the happy pineapples.

Target : Expect More. Pay Less.
Target must be different where you are from then the ones I have been too. I have been to target in Florida somewhere around Miami and it sucked. When it was in Toronto it was worse then Walmart and I hate Walmart. I was not impressed. Target crashed in burned in Canada pretty fast as a result. It was pretty disappointing because there was all this hype about it and it was not good. Ex subpar stuff that was over priced.

I know the prices for stuff at Walmart is much cheaper in the USA then in Canada... but I am guessing based on your post the products sold at Target in some parts of the USA must be better.

I have no problem with discount department stores, but I am looking for value ex good quality for the lowest price. No low quality stuff at okay prices. I avoid these stores at all cost because I find they don't really sell stuff of that much cheaper and the quality is not that great. I would rather had to an outlet mall/store and get something better quality for a comparable price.

Old 05-08-2017, 03:25 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,776,049 times
I don't find anything clothing-wise at Target either. Cheap quality, over-priced for it. They don't carry my sizing either. I used to get leggings in the girl's dept. yrs. ago (still have them) as well as sweats (in boy's also) - but they've all changed. I go in every couple months and don't find anything.

Old 05-08-2017, 03:27 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,866,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Target must be different where you are from then the ones I have been too. I have been to target in Florida somewhere around Miami and it sucked. When it was in Toronto it was worse then Walmart and I hate Walmart. I was not impressed. Target crashed in burned in Canada pretty fast as a result. It was pretty disappointing because there was all this hype about it and it was not good. Ex subpar stuff that was over priced.

I know the prices for stuff at Walmart is much cheaper in the USA then in Canada... but I am guessing based on your post the products sold at Target in some parts of the USA must be better.

I have no problem with discount department stores, but I am looking for value ex good quality for the lowest price. No low quality stuff at okay prices. I avoid these stores at all cost because I find they don't really sell stuff of that much cheaper and the quality is not that great. I would rather had to an outlet mall/store and get something better quality for a comparable price.
Target has some stuff that is better quality than similar priced or even more expensive stuff. For example the Merona tank tops are super cheap and hold up nicely. I have some that are 5+ years old that have held their shape and color. Occasionally I have gotten one that lasts a year, but they are about $8 typically. Gap tanks are no longer so durable.

I also have some knit cardigans that are just now seeming stretched out 6 or 7 (maybe even longer) years later. They have well served their purpose.

I have great success with the workout clothes as well. I can't think of any that have needed to be retired in my wardrobe. There are other brands that are nicer, but these work well and are at least 50% cheaper.

Walmart is really far for me, and feels a lot junkier than Target. So I prefer Target. It isn't much more expensive than Walmart and most things are really close in price.

Old 05-08-2017, 03:31 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
I have tons of clothes I've bought at Target, and I wash them in Woolite and hang them to dry as if they were fone garments from Nordstroms. LOL

I am a sucker for their holiday-themes T-shirts. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I also have a few boatneck tees and cardigans that I still wear. I LOVE Target.

Old 05-08-2017, 05:22 PM

711 posts, read 688,226 times
Quote:
Target has some stuff that is better quality than similar priced or even more expensive stuff. For example the Merona tank tops are super cheap and hold up nicely. I have some that are 5+ years old that have held their shape and color. Occasionally I have gotten one that lasts a year, but they are about $8 typically. Gap tanks are no longer so durable.

I also have some knit cardigans that are just now seeming stretched out 6 or 7 (maybe even longer) years later. They have well served their purpose.

I have great success with the workout clothes as well. I can't think of any that have needed to be retired in my wardrobe. There are other brands that are nicer, but these work well and are at least 50% cheaper.

Walmart is really far for me, and feels a lot junkier than Target. So I prefer Target. It isn't much more expensive than Walmart and most things are really close in price.
I'm rarely tempted at Target - but mostly because either they don't have my size on the floor or don't have a garment at all that I've seen online. Most of what I've seen quality wise in Target works fine for the purpose. Stock availabiliy here is the issue. Must be a lot of women my size shopping at the Targets I frequent.

Like you, I'm a fiend for some of the Merona shirts. I bought a lot of the long sleeve Ultimate T last winter. Fits great and a wonderful hand to the material.

BTW - those PJs are just happy and you NEEDED to buy them. Gald you did!

Old 05-08-2017, 06:42 PM

4,666 posts, read 3,861,741 times
Quote:
About a month ago I went to Target to buy a water bottle. I ended up getting a green jacket for $19 & some Mossimo joggers both on the clearance rack. I didn't get a water bottle.

Old 05-08-2017, 06:43 PM

2,443 posts, read 2,869,148 times
I only buy workout wear at Target; used to buy my son clothes there but never anything else for myself. Just had lunch with a friend who works there- based on what she told me NEVER buy swimwear there. Don't ask. Just don't.

Old 05-08-2017, 09:50 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,563,461 times
Their maternity section getting drastically reduced (to like two racks of just jeans and workout wear) this spring cured me of this. They also discontinued carrying a bunch of their baby lines. Now I never go there, and am consequently not tempted by anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty