Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2017, 11:02 AM

6,750 posts, read 5,727,708 times

Advertisements

My new bag crush! Working to figure out if I can buy one of these babies!!!!

I checked them out in person and I am serious in LOVE!!!!

I already narrowed down which one I want..... just trying to justify the purchase. The more I look at them the more I want one. OH MY GOD!!! Maybe you guys can help me!! New thread idea blooming!!!

Last edited by klmrocks; 06-20-2017 at 11:35 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2017, 11:17 AM

5,023 posts, read 7,452,988 times
I see them occasionally - never vintage though.
Not like before the economy burst and you'd see the real ones and fake ones all day long.

Old 06-20-2017, 11:24 AM

5,023 posts, read 7,452,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Without spending too much time on race and identity stuff. For me, as a black woman, there is a common assumption that you are poor. Happens all the time. In a crappy sales interaction, if I ask to look at something behind a case or whatever, the sales person will tell me the price. And fish out the price immediately. I haven't touched it, asked any questions or really anything. But they want to put that out there immediately. ITs rude in my book. I never buy anything from those sales people (or stores) depending on the place.

I know sales people profile based on accessories. Purses are one of those shortcuts for women (in addition to jewelry and the like).

It also works at work. I know I have shared this story in other threads. But many jobs ago there was a senior woman at the company who was generally a little standoffish and not very helpful towards me. One day, I had a Coach bag and her whole demeanor changed. Literally she was nice, helpful, asked me for shopping tips and so on. I was suddenly "on her level" even thought I was junior. She was never very friendly to other women in the office, but she was supportive of me and giving me visible projects.

So you use your bag and accessories to signal a certain level of status. And I find it absolutely impacts how I am treated in many environments. For me it is a good investment. I'll never know directly if it helps me get jobs and stuff but it doesn't hurt to help people make better assumptions about me.

Very interesting post and so hold true for white people too!!!
I am treated completely different by sales people depending on if I have makeup on/off and depending on what I'm wearing.. the difference is disgusting to me.
Even former co-workers treated me differently depending on my answer when asked where I got my shoes, purse, clothes....I actually started messing with their heads as far as how I'd answer.

I like nice quality, don't get me wrong, but it doesn't have to have a specific tag on it.
Although I went thru a phase where I had a decent collection of LV and other designer handbags..
Saturday morning when I run my errands I usually have my hair in a hat, no makeup, and workout clothes on.
The weird thing is that while sales people have been outright rude to me...
It's dressed like this that I get sigificantly more attention from men than any other day of the week.
Go figure.

Old 06-20-2017, 11:41 AM

Default .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfbs2691 View Post
Very interesting post and so hold true for white people too!!!
I am treated completely different by sales people depending on if I have makeup on/off and depending on what I'm wearing.. the difference is disgusting to me.
Even former co-workers treated me differently depending on my answer when asked where I got my shoes, purse, clothes....I actually started messing with their heads as far as how I'd answer.

I like nice quality, don't get me wrong, but it doesn't have to have a specific tag on it.
Although I went thru a phase where I had a decent collection of LV and other designer handbags..
Saturday morning when I run my errands I usually have my hair in a hat, no makeup, and workout clothes on.
The weird thing is that while sales people have been outright rude to me...
It's dressed like this that I get sigificantly more attention from men than any other day of the week.
Go figure.
Agreed ( minus the attention from men part). I am too busy lusting after designer purses to even notice men other then my husband. Yesterday in the LV store these was this pretty attractive man working at the store initally trying to help me and all I could think was dude you are talking too much and blocking my view of the bags ....MOVE out of the way lol! He was wearing all black suit so he was like a big blakc clouding preventing me from actually seeing the bags and then touching the bags . I already have a husband/ man .... WHAT I NEED IS ONE OF THOSE NEW BAGS lol ! The lady was passing me the bags so I remember her face as there is now positive associated with it . He was not passing the bags and obstrucing my view so he will forever be the big black cloud blocking my view !

Old 06-23-2017, 04:59 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,251,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
My new bag crush! Working to figure out if I can buy one of these babies!!!!

I checked them out in person and I am serious in LOVE!!!!

I already narrowed down which one I want..... just trying to justify the purchase. The more I look at them the more I want one. OH MY GOD!!! Maybe you guys can help me!! New thread idea blooming!!!
Really? You're brave. Lol.

I have an LV collection & this style is one of the worst rated ever.

Old 06-23-2017, 07:06 PM

Default ...

[quote=LLCNYC;48608385]Really? You're brave. Lol.

I have an LV collection & this style is one of the worst rated ever.)
It does not matter about that to me. I like them. Regardless I Spent way too much money to his week. So I need to chill out with others the spending. This the problem with eBay by the time I get the package I forgot I bought it

Old 06-24-2017, 04:04 PM

3,763 posts, read 5,861,321 times
I am a guy and I am on my second porte document (?) monogram briefcase ( also carry LV wallet). My brother worked for Saks and he was able to get LV at good discount. I inherited his collection of luggage and accessories and liked the quality and the way it suited my needs. I have bought the briefcases used on Ebay but I DO MY HOMEWORK so as not to buy fakes. Therefore, they cost a fraction of what they would be in the boutique . I am very careful about money, drive a 12 year old car, don't buy lots of clothing and skimp on a lot of things. It is one way that I splurge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty