Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2017, 11:25 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,049,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkay66 View Post
I don't find them ugly at all, and they are extremely comfortable. I have a high arch and very narrow heels; Birkenstocks work with my weird foot shape.

Ugly must be in the eye of the beholder. What I find ugly are high heels that misshape one's leg and posture.
Ditto, I like them. Sandals for summer and clog style for winter. I have a high arch and have developed arthritis in my feet. I have foot pain if I walk around barefoot too often on the tile floors in my house. A podiatrist I consulted recommended I wear the Birkenstocks whenever I walk around the house, and it has made a big difference in reducing the foot pain. They are good shoes, well made, and last for years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2017, 01:13 PM

6,617 posts, read 6,538,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRn View Post
Ditto, I like them. Sandals for summer and clog style for winter. I have a high arch and have developed arthritis in my feet. I have foot pain if I walk around barefoot too often on the tile floors in my house. A podiatrist I consulted recommended I wear the Birkenstocks whenever I walk around the house, and it has made a big difference in reducing the foot pain. They are good shoes, well made, and last for years.
I also LOVE my Birks! I have 4 pairs... two pairs that I wear in my house, one pair in my travel trailer and one pair at my cottage. All of them are sandals. My feet were sore for YEARS and my sister in law suggested Birks. They are a lifesaver for my feet.

Three of them are this style with a soft footbed that molds to your feet: https://smile.amazon.com/Birkenstock...178CKGK6BBEKGF

and the fourth is this: (which aren't as comfortable with the two thick straps- I find they are hot too) https://smile.amazon.com/Birkenstock...nstock+sandals

I don't find them ugly either, but then I don't wear them when I dress up. They are MEANT for comfort, not looks. If you want looks, then shop for a pair of sandals with heels and bling.

Old 12-17-2017, 02:40 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,049,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
I also LOVE my Birks! I have 4 pairs... two pairs that I wear in my house, one pair in my travel trailer and one pair at my cottage. All of them are sandals. My feet were sore for YEARS and my sister in law suggested Birks. They are a lifesaver for my feet.

Three of them are this style with a soft footbed that molds to your feet: https://smile.amazon.com/Birkenstock...178CKGK6BBEKGF

and the fourth is this: (which aren't as comfortable with the two thick straps- I find they are hot too) https://smile.amazon.com/Birkenstock...nstock+sandals

I don't find them ugly either, but then I don't wear them when I dress up. They are MEANT for comfort, not looks. If you want looks, then shop for a pair of sandals with heels and bling.
That women's sandal is pretty nice looking in my opinion.

Old 12-17-2017, 10:34 PM

645 posts, read 750,172 times
They are horrible shoes. Very uncomfortable and make your feet look fat...I have feet problems from past injuries. These are not the shoes to wear if you have foot problems.

Old 12-19-2017, 08:30 AM

1,830 posts, read 1,428,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reen79 View Post
They are horrible shoes. Very uncomfortable and make your feet look fat...I have feet problems from past injuries. These are not the shoes to wear if you have foot problems.
Oh? Then why did my sister's podiatrist tell her to wear them?

Old 12-19-2017, 03:10 PM

25,943 posts, read 22,094,372 times
I have 2 pair and didn't care for them. Now, to get a better quality shoe, at a better price, I shop https://www.sierratradingpost.com/, signing up for "Deal Flyers", I get really good buys and it is not a financial tragedy if something turns out not to be a shoe I would wear everyday. I walk a lot outside, so the shoes wear out faster.

Old 12-19-2017, 09:58 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,526,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkay66 View Post
Oh? Then why did my sister's podiatrist tell her to wear them?
Because they are *anatomically-correct* shoes.
This means that they tend to fix your foot problems, and put everything in the right places, your arch including.
And THIS is bound to hurt if you have flat feet.
So you might give them up right away, or to stick with these shoes and wait till the pain subsides and your feet will gradually feel better with that bump sticking under the middle of your foot)))
The tricky part here of course is still to find the right kind of Birkenstock, because being "anatomically-correct," they are built for different kind of feet - narrower/longer; shorter/wider and so on. Not to mention that that ball for arch support is of different height in different models I think.
When it comes to looks of Birkenstock - the jury is still out there.
Some people love them ( it fits their style,) some don't.
I personally prefer to wear them at home)))
But yes, they are quality shoes.

Hope this helps.

Old 12-20-2017, 05:45 AM

20,928 posts, read 28,403,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb at sea View Post
They are ugly....wouldn't wear them.
Yeah me too, very ugly.

Old 12-29-2017, 08:12 AM

2,274 posts, read 1,338,017 times
They are very well made, high quality shoes. If they fit your foot, they will be some of the most comfortable shoes you own once they are broken in. I don't get the complaints about the way they look, they were never meant to be a fashion item - form follows function.

Old 12-29-2017, 08:30 AM

2,533 posts, read 3,098,004 times
A tip about Birkenstocks: if you're a regular width, or even a little wide, you can comfortably wear their Narrow width. Their narrows look more flattering on the foot, as well. I wear a black suede Boston lined with black shearling. Ahhhh!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty