Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2018, 08:37 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,954,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenstyle View Post
Socks are worn inside shoes by civilized adults. I can only imagine how your shoes *smell*, let alone what your insoles look like.
Put on some cotton socks and join the rest of Civilization.
LOL. I love CD. It's the place where we get advice and information about absolutely everything imaginable As an aside, do you guys remember way back in the 80s when there was a trend when we didn't wear socks with our shoes? It didn't matter what kind they were: oxfords, penny loafers, tennis shoes, boots, many people wore them without socks. At least in Texas they did. That lasted a few years. Then people remembered that socks serve a purpose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2018, 08:46 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,367,163 times
I never wear socks with shoes like flats or some casual sneakers, and I don't have a problem with food odor (not every one does, it's genetic and hygienic, usually.) No-show socks always show, and anything nylon like tights or hose don't absorb sweat at all. For the OP, why does it matter if the insoles of your shoes aren't pristine? No one sees that.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 08-05-2018 at 09:01 AM..

Old 08-05-2018, 08:51 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,738,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
LOL. I love CD. It's the place where we get advice and information about absolutely everything imaginable As an aside, do you guys remember way back in the 80s when there was a trend when we didn't wear socks with our shoes? It didn't matter what kind they were: oxfords, penny loafers, tennis shoes, boots, many people wore them without socks. At least in Texas they did. That lasted a few years. Then people remembered that socks serve a purpose.
Oh yes was it Miami Vice.. with Don Johnson.

Old 08-05-2018, 08:52 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,738,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I never wear socks with shoes like flats or some casual sneakers, and I don't have a problem with food odor (not every one does, it's genetic and hygienic, usually.) For the OP, why does it matter if the insoles of your shoes aren't pristine? No one sees that.
If he took off his shoes though it much look gross.. insoles on every pair of new shoes he buys from now on and those smaller socks..

Old 08-05-2018, 09:06 AM

23,171 posts, read 26,184,870 times
I never wear socks either , have no problem with stinky feet and don't recall the op mentioning a smell problem at all.

But the stains are only seen by me in closed shoes but are sometimes noticeable on sandals and I've tried many things and have found nothing that eliminates them completely.

Old 08-05-2018, 09:10 AM

43,641 posts, read 44,361,055 times
Simply put talcum powder in one's shoes before wearing them and that should eliminate the problem!

Old 08-05-2018, 09:19 AM

2,129 posts, read 1,775,693 times
Oh for heaven's sake, the wearing of socks is NOT a requirement to be considered "civilized".

I wear socks with shoes because that is more comfortable FOR ME. Obviously that is not the case for the OP.

But then what do I know. I'm far more likely to be found in a pair of sandals, WITH SOCKS when it is cold out, than any shoes. Also no makeup. And I sing in public, while shopping and whatnot. How uncivilized of me!

Sheesh!

Old 08-05-2018, 11:31 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,861,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMartha View Post
Have you tried no-show socks? Or the nylons stores provide when trying on shoes?
I have tried at least a dozen no show socks and they did not work at all. They all ski. I also do not frequently wear socks. I do wash shoes and get removable insoles when possible. Leather insoles are also better.

Most of the shoes I have with fabric insoles are washable.

Old 08-05-2018, 11:42 AM

5,455 posts, read 3,383,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenstyle View Post
Socks are worn inside shoes by civilized adults. I can only imagine how your shoes *smell*, let alone what your insoles look like.
Put on some cotton socks and join the rest of Civilization.
My shoes actually don't stink because I only wear them indoors for a couple hours a day. The rest of the time barefoot. I don't want to wear socks with sandals. So back to my original question: How to remove sweat stains?

Old 08-05-2018, 11:45 AM

5,455 posts, read 3,383,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
Ummm...doesn't she get blisters?
No blisters. My shoes fit me well and I don't walk a lot in them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty