Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2018, 04:49 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,111,286 times

Advertisements

I admit, I have Nordstrom and Nordstrom Rack apps on my phone!

In my defense, my stepdaughter is a shoe buyer for Nordstrom so I am helping fund her retirement!

Saks Off Fifth had some great deals so I spent some money there.

Also, I am obsessed with white boots this season and sock boots. I bought four pair.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2018, 06:32 PM

3,179 posts, read 2,130,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
I'm very surprised to hear that. I had thought Rack was where Nordstrom dumped their slow moving merchandise, stuff that became mostly sold out at Nordstrom to the point there were too few items to maintain a complete display. I came to that conclusion because I see so few of each item, Rack appears to me to have plenty of stock but limited selection.

I own property in Phoenix, and I agree Scottsdale is nice. I had considered moving there when California falls into the ocean, but can't stand the heat.

I kind of accidentally thought up the "let's go shopping and then do something after" first date idea, after having enough dates where it was just dinner and nothing before/after. It worked so well I was amazed! Malls have so many places to sit and rest that we punctuated our shopping with visiting and getting to know each other better, and the shopping (1) allowed each of us to see the other interacting with sales people and other customers, and (2) was kind of domestic in each of us giving the other opinions on clothing purchases. By the time we went to the restaurant we had already interacted enough that we were no longer strangers. It was a much more comfortable dinner than my usual first dates. Since then I always try to make my dates dinner and something else. BTW I got the idea because some of my restaurant dates ended up stomping the mall for a short time before it closed. Then I got the idea, let's go shopping first!

I agree more men should take more concern over their appearance, and it makes total sense for a single man to pay attention to body care and fashion. My appearance is part of the basis that my dates will be deciding if they want to continue seeing me. I'm certainly going to take every advantage I can find.

I've made a significant change in how I dress since last year, it's just simply a more polished casual, and I feel great looking nicer even when not on a date. I know I'm looking better than I used to and it puts a bit of swagger in my walk!
Agreed, as nice as North Scottsdale is, never again, because of that awful heat. There are better places than here, and I thought about Florida, but with the heat and humidity, gators and huge bugs, that’s out. I love four seasons so that is a distinct possibility.

That was a clever idea you came up with. Most women enjoy shopping and many, myself included, can happily look around for an hour or more and buy nothing. It’s a great ice breaker for sure. And a good way to see how she interacts in public. Rude -5 Polite +10

It sounds as though you’re ready to take on the dating world! My friend who is into Meet Up groups and socializing loves that kind of world. I went out with her and a couple of friends to a club awhile back and bagged the best looking guy in the room. I remember he was a journalist and new to the area, he came over to our table and wanted to buy us a drink. After a few minutes, it was obvious who he was interested in. I’m married so it went nowhere, but it’s nice to know I can still hold my own in the dating world, lol. It seems like a stressful life, although I’m sure it’s fun too. When you look good and feel good about yourself, the ladies will come.

Old 09-04-2018, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I’m sorry I didn’t report this in a more timely manner, but JJill had 40% off PLUS 15% off if you use your charge (normally 5%).

I got 3 cute tops for $79.
That’s a good deal! I bought a new top from them on clearance a few weeks ago. They have cute clothes, stylish and not super expensive.

Old 09-04-2018, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
Nordstrom Rack is mostly exclusive NR merchandise, not the stuff they sold in Nordstrom, but you can get a lucky find. I usually don’t bother with it, as it’s so much less pleasant to shop there.

My Nordstrom money-saving strategy (which has been quite successful) is I only look at sale rack clothes unless I really need a new bra or something. I usually have to pay full price for shoes too since I wear a wide.
They have really good sale racks.

You never know what kind of deals you’ll find. Nordies does have good deals, especially the end of season sales. I’m guessing Richardson is close to Dallas, which is a great shoppers mecca.

Old 09-04-2018, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post

In my defense, my stepdaughter is a shoe buyer for Nordstrom so I am helping fund her retirement!

Also, I am obsessed with white boots this season and sock boots. I bought four pair.
I forgot to mention Saks! Glad you found some deals and I’m sure your stepdaughter is happy for your help.

Old 09-04-2018, 08:06 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,128,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post

There is no need to apologize for liking N and NR!

I'll be happy to help your stepdaughter if she benefits from Rack. I'll admit I doubt I've ever bought anything at Nordstrom. But I like Rack and I'm sure I'll be frothing there in several weeks. (I did my 4th day in a row at my gym today.)

Please tell us about your "white boots and sock boots." I'm confused that may be a women only style, but I like women's fashion anyway, even if just to enjoy better what I enjoy looking at, and understanding why her fashion works.

Old 09-05-2018, 02:29 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,111,286 times
Quote:

Please tell us about your "white boots and sock boots." I'm confused that may be a women only style, but I like women's fashion anyway, even if just to enjoy better what I enjoy looking at, and understanding why her fashion works.
These white boots, BTW, white boots are EVERYWHERE! https://www.zara.com/us/en/zippered-...015&v2=1087008

Sock booties:

Prada: https://www.neimanmarcus.com/p/prada...BoCqz4QAvD_BwE

Gianvito Rossi: https://www.neimanmarcus.com/p/gianv...hoCg_sQAvD_BwE

Balenciaga: https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/balenci...xoCWPMQAvD_BwE

Old 09-05-2018, 02:43 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,128,038 times
Thanks for the fashion lesson! Interesting... Wow 4+" heels! I don't know how women handle that. Good thing I don't need to know.

I love my cowboy boots with 1" Cuban heels. I can tell what the air is like up at her altitude!

Old 09-08-2018, 06:06 PM

473 posts, read 760,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
Nordstrom Rack is mostly exclusive NR merchandise, not the stuff they sold in Nordstrom, but you can get a lucky find. I usually don’t bother with it, as it’s so much less pleasant to shop there.
Quote:
I'm very surprised to hear that. I had thought Rack was where Nordstrom dumped their slow moving merchandise, stuff that became mostly sold out at Nordstrom to the point there were too few items to maintain a complete display. I came to that conclusion because I see so few of each item, Rack appears to me to have plenty of stock but limited selection.
Only about 20% of the Rack's merchandise comes from Nordstrom. The rest is manufactured specifically for the Rack.

If an item has a Nordstrom or designer tag, it came from Nordstrom.

If an item has a Nordstrom Rack tag, it was manufactured specifically for the Rack. It was never at Nordstrom.

Old 09-08-2018, 06:15 PM

473 posts, read 760,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz22 View Post
This is a reminder, not a talk thread. Let’s not discuss how The Rack is changing the sea level or how Goodwill is a better place to buy clothes than L&T.
Off topic, but this is a pet peeve of mine on this forum. The thread might be about a particular store or clothing brand or designer handbag or whatever, and people just have to chime in on how they'd never pay more than $20 for a handbag or how they never buy new clothing and always shop at thrift stores, etc., etc.
Just scroll on by if the thread doesn't interest you or doesn't apply to you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty