Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 09:17 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,128,038 times

Advertisements

I like Kim Kardashian and I think she's cute. However I don't consider her a major talent. She and her family are simply good at appropriating publicity and turning it into a revenue stream. I respect them for that. Show business is a very difficult and challenging industry. Very few aspirants succeed. Most end up as waiters or other ordinary occupations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2018, 12:59 PM

1,330 posts, read 1,540,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Kardashian is white. Her mom is European and dad Armenian. White, and her butt is enhanced.

I have no idea why women (and men) are buying into this look of fat butts. I worked out incessantly to ty to get rid of mine and now it's supposed to be a good thing. And I would rather have people look at my front side where my face is. It is embarrassing walking away knowing men are staring at your ass and they make comments behind your back.
...me neither! I was in my early 30's in the 1990's and worked out a lot. I'm a 5'6" black female and got my body fat down to 16% and 140 lbs., but my measurements were STILL 34-27-41 . It's got to be genetic, I just couldn't get it under 40"!!I spent the entire decade trying to HIDE that thing lol. I got told by a male co-worker that 140 was "pushing the limit"

now women are just letting it be free, hang out, flashing it for ALLLL to see. I'm still trying to hide out, I can't help it...it's ingrained and I just can't let it go

My dream was always to be able to wear Abercrombie and Fitch or True Religion jeans with those huge pockets in the back, I never could get them past my thighs. I did manage to let that dream go though lol

Old 09-20-2018, 08:02 PM

15,639 posts, read 26,263,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkiforniainHouston View Post
...me neither! I was in my early 30's in the 1990's and worked out a lot. I'm a 5'6" black female and got my body fat down to 16% and 140 lbs., but my measurements were STILL 34-27-41 . It's got to be genetic, I just couldn't get it under 40"!!I spent the entire decade trying to HIDE that thing lol. I got told by a male co-worker that 140 was "pushing the limit"

now women are just letting it be free, hang out, flashing it for ALLLL to see. I'm still trying to hide out, I can't help it...it's ingrained and I just can't let it go

My dream was always to be able to wear Abercrombie and Fitch or True Religion jeans with those huge pockets in the back, I never could get them past my thighs. I did manage to let that dream go though lol
And that’s the thing, there is this standard that not only changes constantly, but hardly anyone anywhere fits. And it’s every race and generation. And it makes a lot of the rest of us feel like garbage. In order to sell them stuff to improve to that standard which it doesn’t.

That’s why we need truth in advertising. We need to show women that perfection in ads is fake. There’s been a little done, but we need more. That 14 year old in the wrinkle cream ad is still very photoshopped and airbrushed...

Old 09-20-2018, 10:08 PM

28,671 posts, read 18,795,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkiforniainHouston View Post

But, again, it wasn't that way until the 80s.

I'm convinced that it is genetic...but genetically influenced by the immense influx of chemicals into food and water that began in the 70s.

Old 10-11-2018, 01:40 PM

14 posts, read 7,664 times
I think there have always been curvy vanilla ladies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty