Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2019, 01:45 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,529,485 times

Advertisements

Mod cut: Orphaned (quoted post has been deleted).

*Beauty* is in the eye of the beholder as they say.
It's all subjective.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 04-03-2019 at 08:45 AM..

Old 04-02-2019, 01:45 PM

49 posts, read 97,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crd08 View Post
PS

The title of your thread is "women in tight PANTS everywhere"
Lol! You got him there!

Old 04-02-2019, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I promise you that teachers wear leggings. I was a teacher who wore leggings.

And, yes, students wear leggings.
Gymnastics instructors wear leggings.
And so do their students.

Lots of teachers wear leggings because it makes sense to.
You wearing leggings as a teacher made perfect sense.

Old 04-02-2019, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanArt View Post
Your like these old dudes on my job. They are called leggings..

We had this old woman come to our worksite. The guy looks back at her, she turns around ( view his eyes position ), and then proceeds to cover the area where he was looking. THIS IS FROM WHEN WOMEN WALKED AROUND IN DRESSES. However she was wearing leggings.

Again they are called leggings and they are making a comeback.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foNKPz6iiqM Damn look at peg bundy move............
For some people leggings never went away. It depends on their lifestyle.
Kind of like how sometimes cowgirl boots are "in style" and sometimes they aren't.
So when cowgirl boots are "in style" some people will say that they are making a come back but the reality is they never went away. Some people always wore them wheather they were in style or not because of their lifestyle.
It's the same with leggings.

Old 04-02-2019, 02:18 PM

5,955 posts, read 2,872,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
I think they look great. I am all for this trend and hope it never reverses. Tight clothes in general look really good on women.
The gap is nice if shown

Old 04-02-2019, 02:25 PM

538 posts, read 731,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Some of us ladies are well aware that men might have eyeballs to see and brains to think, we simply don't live our lives around that. We DON'T CARE.

It's not our responsibility.

There is a difference between these four things: Feelings. Thoughts. Words. Actions. You can feel or think whatever you want in the privacy of your brain. But if you don't believe you need to own your words or actions, then I can't help you. It doesn't matter what I wear. Pushing this argument is simply saying that men ought to be able to act like whatever and have it be someone else's fault. Heck that! And frankly I give men in general more credit.

There are people who are unpleasant enough I might have a thought of hitting them over the head with a brick, but I can't be like, "You know, you're really making me think about harming you right now. Has it occurred to you, to take some responsibility for my thoughts, and behave differently? Having to exercise self control is getting SO uncomfortable for me. In fact you should have really been thinking about my feelings before you even left home this morning." Consent violators aren't regular Joes who just got turned on by tight pants beyond their ability to control. Who stood there confused like, "Well I've got an erection and I really feel I should do something with it...hurr durr..." Ya'll are smarter than that. And if you are the kind of guy who would actually violate a woman, it won't matter what she is wearing beyond whether it's difficult to get it out of your way.

If this were really a valid line of logic, that women should obsess about what men might think in choosing our attire (if we're pretty, at least...and that's ridiculous too, given how subjective taste and attraction are) then women would never be permitted to wear bathing suits. Or are you asking we warn you first? Like it's different if you're going to the beach or pool, where you expect to see lady bodies, but when it's a surprise in public it's like AH! She caught me off guard and my wang got the better of me! lol? It's silly.

If you have discomfort with your own thoughts, that's your problem. Where do your rights end and mine begin? Understanding that you're not entitled to speak and act on every thought you have, let alone blame it on other people even if they inspired it...that's just a matter of being a civil human being.

Ya know what else is funny to me? "...your wildest imagination..." You have no idea how many women walking around you in the world are more perverted than you are. I'd bet my favorite yoga pants that I've DONE things beyond some men's wildest imagination. So yeah, that's cute. We have heads full of all kinds of thoughts, some of us do...we just know better than to throw 'em around all over the place or blame them on strangers.

So yeah. It's not that we have no idea. We just don't always feel like we should care. And the news? They just want us to be afraid of each other, isolated and divided. It's not really all that worse than it's ever been. Monstrous people have always existed, but they always were and still are, a minority.

I just find this mindset really annoying. Not only in terms of female autonomy, but because I find it insulting to the very many totally decent men I know, who may think whatever...but sure know how to behave.
I would rep you again if I could. Great post.

Old 04-02-2019, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwdst57731 View Post
For some people leggings never went away. It depends on their lifestyle.
Kind of like how sometimes cowgirl boots are "in style" and sometimes they aren't.
So when cowgirl boots are "in style" some people will say that they are making a come back but the reality is they never went away. Some people always wore them wheather they were in style or not because of their lifestyle.
It's the same with leggings.

"Some people" need to have that kind of body ( as in the video) to pull this look off.

Old 04-02-2019, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Why not?

If I was one of those females at the health food store and he said to me "your leggings are very revealing. I can see every curve of your body all the way up to your waist. I want you to know that I noticed that. Did you feel apprehensive the first time you wore those out in public?" I would call him a creep.
So if I would say it to his face why can't I say it here?
And yes it is crazy to say that someone's work out attire is more revealing then a swimsuit.
So why can't I say that too?

Just curious.

You can stop right there.
Did he ever say it to any of these women at the store?
No, he did not.

So why are you trying to shut him down here, where he is free to share his thoughts/observations?

Who are you to tell people what they should/should not observe/see/comment on?
You can wear whatever you like, you just can't dictate to others how they should perceive you, and what they should think of you and your outfit.

That "freedom" thing goes both ways, you see.

It's pretty simple, no?

Old 04-02-2019, 08:16 PM

Quote:
I have no idea which video you are referring to.

The "Married with Children" one.

Quote:
Why don't you go to your local gymnastics school and show it to them.
Then tell which girls age 4-22 have "the right body" to be wearing them.
Oh, the majority of girls in gymnastics are usually poorly built, so they wouldn't pull off the kind of look Katey Sagal is sporting in that show.

Quote:
They'll call you creepy too.
No they won't, because I don't go to gymnastics schools to check on their spandex leggings ( which are appropriate there for obvious reasons.)
But if they'll start parading in them on the streets, very few will look great in them, while the rest - sort of blah.
Not that I'm going to comment on it, but it's still "blah.")))

Old 04-03-2019, 08:56 AM

44,348 posts, read 20,051,946 times
This thread has been cleaned up a bit and the most recent inappropriate posts have been deleted. People, please don't resort to bickering and personal attacks when you disagree with someone. Report ToS violations and don't reply to them. Thank you.

Thread closed.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty