Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2019, 07:15 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,123,748 times

Advertisements

I like some of them with a tunic or such but one thing I didn't care for about them was being out with my husband and seeing the ladies around us showing pretty much everything they have to my husband. Fortunately, he wasn't wearing those tight stretchy pants too or you would have known what he was thinking while looking. Men are visual and women know it. Add a cropped top and cleavage and he didn't stand a chance.

PJ's are comfortable too.. but there's another thread on that with a lot of women saying how disgusting or lazy they find that habit. But all jumping on that 'but they're comfortable' bandwagon for the leggings. I ain't buying.

Old 03-28-2019, 08:50 AM

387 posts, read 408,350 times
My personal favorites are the ones with the mesh panels so you can get just a little glimpse of flesh. As a butt guy I hope that this trend/fad/style stands the test of time. On a side note while there are some women who are probably a lil too big to be wearing them I give them credit for having the confidence to do so. Every woman on this earth has that special feature that sets her apart from the rest.

Old 03-28-2019, 08:52 AM

20,369 posts, read 14,644,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRunner View Post
I don't know what I could really add to this thread. However, my take is that I will not let my daughter wear skin-tight clothing once she gets near puberty (11-13). Once she turns 18, she can go naked for all I care.

I think men and women have completely different brains regarding sexuality. I'm not sure that women realize what passes through the brains of men most times. I don't mind obese women wearing leggings, I can look away. To somewhat attractive women who wear leggings, I don't really understand how you don't realize that there are men who are mentally violating you beyond your wildest imagination. To parents who allow their underage daughters to wear skin-tight clothing, I just really don't understand the thought-process behind that with everything you see in the news.
Some of us ladies are well aware that men might have eyeballs to see and brains to think, we simply don't live our lives around that. We DON'T CARE.

It's not our responsibility.

There is a difference between these four things: Feelings. Thoughts. Words. Actions. You can feel or think whatever you want in the privacy of your brain. But if you don't believe you need to own your words or actions, then I can't help you. It doesn't matter what I wear. Pushing this argument is simply saying that men ought to be able to act like whatever and have it be someone else's fault. Heck that! And frankly I give men in general more credit.

There are people who are unpleasant enough I might have a thought of hitting them over the head with a brick, but I can't be like, "You know, you're really making me think about harming you right now. Has it occurred to you, to take some responsibility for my thoughts, and behave differently? Having to exercise self control is getting SO uncomfortable for me. In fact you should have really been thinking about my feelings before you even left home this morning." Consent violators aren't regular Joes who just got turned on by tight pants beyond their ability to control. Who stood there confused like, "Well I've got an erection and I really feel I should do something with it...hurr durr..." Ya'll are smarter than that. And if you are the kind of guy who would actually violate a woman, it won't matter what she is wearing beyond whether it's difficult to get it out of your way.

If this were really a valid line of logic, that women should obsess about what men might think in choosing our attire (if we're pretty, at least...and that's ridiculous too, given how subjective taste and attraction are) then women would never be permitted to wear bathing suits. Or are you asking we warn you first? Like it's different if you're going to the beach or pool, where you expect to see lady bodies, but when it's a surprise in public it's like AH! She caught me off guard and my wang got the better of me! lol? It's silly.

If you have discomfort with your own thoughts, that's your problem. Where do your rights end and mine begin? Understanding that you're not entitled to speak and act on every thought you have, let alone blame it on other people even if they inspired it...that's just a matter of being a civil human being.

Ya know what else is funny to me? "...your wildest imagination..." You have no idea how many women walking around you in the world are more perverted than you are. I'd bet my favorite yoga pants that I've DONE things beyond some men's wildest imagination. So yeah, that's cute. We have heads full of all kinds of thoughts, some of us do...we just know better than to throw 'em around all over the place or blame them on strangers.

So yeah. It's not that we have no idea. We just don't always feel like we should care. And the news? They just want us to be afraid of each other, isolated and divided. It's not really all that worse than it's ever been. Monstrous people have always existed, but they always were and still are, a minority.

I just find this mindset really annoying. Not only in terms of female autonomy, but because I find it insulting to the very many totally decent men I know, who may think whatever...but sure know how to behave.

Old 03-28-2019, 09:09 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,821,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRunner View Post
I don't know what I could really add to this thread. However, my take is that I will not let my daughter wear skin-tight clothing once she gets near puberty (11-13). Once she turns 18, she can go naked for all I care.

I think men and women have completely different brains regarding sexuality. I'm not sure that women realize what passes through the brains of men most times. I don't mind obese women wearing leggings, I can look away. To somewhat attractive women who wear leggings, I don't really understand how you don't realize that there are men who are mentally violating you beyond your wildest imagination. To parents who allow their underage daughters to wear skin-tight clothing, I just really don't understand the thought-process behind that with everything you see in the news.

I think what you say about men is true, but it has nothing really to do with the clothes. In the 1700s men would go crazy over a glimpse of an ankle or a wrist. If we all ran around in muumuu's you all would find something sexy about that gunny sack.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-28-2019, 11:23 AM

3,133 posts, read 2,254,904 times
No offense to anyone, but they are not attractive when worn by a person who is seriously over weight. Just sayin’.

Old 03-28-2019, 11:26 AM

7,887 posts, read 11,404,388 times
I've noticed the same pants trend. Another trend is large butts on I'm ladies. That one confuses me, not a fan of the after picture. I prefer the before if the butt was smaller.

Old 03-28-2019, 11:48 AM

37,594 posts, read 45,966,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
You've got it backwards. These are the sounds a woman makes when you hit on her and she's telling you to back off. Ignore to your peril.

Yeah, too bad that's a problem for you guys. See this? 0

That's how many ****s I give for anyone's opinions of what I wear.

This is just a suggestion, but I think you're overrating yourself a little here. Not every woman wants to turn you on. And being turned on by leggings on a woman's body may not exactly turn her on. For instance, if I had the perfect body and was wearing leggings and noticed you drooling, I'd probably tell you to go hump a watermelon and leave me alone.

Yep, that would be me, fat butt and all. Bite me.

Someone said leggings were cheap. They are and that's another reason I like them. And buy them and wear them.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

These threads are the sort of thing that make me wonder what it would have been like having a CD forum back in the 20s, when women were shedding corsets for bras. I can just see the conversation as it might have happened.

Dave (born 1890): what's with all the women showing off their breasts these days?

Don (born 1845): I don't know, but it's sure not attractive. Maybe there should be a law!

Dave: Darn tootin'! Being able to see the shape of their breasts is distracting.

Don: Yeah, I just can't keep from looking and it's causing me problems in my personal life on account of I've never needed to use my manners and control what I stare at.

Dave: I wonder why women want to wear bras instead of corsets? Without corsets, their waists get huge. Why would any woman want to be that unattractive?

Rinse and repeat when women started to cut their hair, smoke, vote, shed girdles and wear mini-skirts, bikinis, hot pants, and jeans that were so tight you needed to lay down to pull them on...
“Bite you”? Ugh. No thank you.

Clearly you can dress exactly as you please. However. the fact that you don’t give a **** how you look, is going to have an effect on how others perceive you. I’m sure you don’t care, but that is just how it is and always will be.

Old 03-28-2019, 01:29 PM

20,369 posts, read 14,644,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron61 View Post
No offense to anyone, but they are not attractive when worn by a person who is seriously over weight. Just sayin’.
OK but here's a question...

If you do not find overweight people attractive (some do, some don't)...then is there some magical way they could dress that you WOULD find them attractive? Or are you just wishing you did not have to see them at all?

Personally when I see overweight people, I'm reminded to be grateful in a general sense that I was lucky enough to have the metabolism I've got, because I am a fortunate soul despite having overweight women in all branches of my family tree, I somehow can remain small without trying very hard. Yet a close friend I had was very overweight and I saw the great lengths and expense and effort he went to, trying to lose weight...I mean, it was a struggle that his whole life revolved around, and his success was STILL limited... And you know, it's actually hard for some to even find clothing they can wear at all, let alone with any sort of comfort.

So I feel some compassion, I know they've got struggles I can't even dream of, and I count my blessings.

I don't expect people around me to be attractive for my eyes. And I find plenty of other styles to be "unattractive" personally but hey, so what?

Old 03-28-2019, 03:01 PM

2,264 posts, read 1,482,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I don't expect people around me to be attractive for my eyes. And I find plenty of other styles to be "unattractive" personally but hey, so what?
Exactly.

It really is amazing how many people seem to think that others should accommodate their visual preferences. I can't figure out if it doesn't occur to them that it's not possible to please everyome - because different people have different preferences - or if they're so full of themselves that they think only their preferences matter.

Old 03-28-2019, 03:10 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,024,595 times
I wear them because I have great legs. The only body part I have that's great. I don't wear crop tops and show cleavage because I am too old. I usually wear them with longish shirts so I don't feel like I am trying to pretend I am young.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.