Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2019, 02:03 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,279,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
I've always wondered, why don't they make women's pants out of the same kind of stretchy rubber than balloons are also made out of? Balloons stretch way beyond their original size. I'll tell you why they don't: It's too good of an idea. Nobody ever wants to try out the ideas that make the most sense.
Sweat in latex? No, just no.

Old 03-26-2019, 03:03 PM

937 posts, read 749,980 times
Everyone wears stretchy-skinny jeans, leggings, and yoga pants these days. Men parade around in bike shorts. Celebs routinely wear thongs on the beach showing off their rear ends even when hanging out with their kids and families. Influencers often post buttock pics and those with augmented rears proudly showcase these. I think the mystique and privacy of the behind is a thing of the past, and is no longer really a 'private part' but just another body part out on display. It is not scandalous like it would have been a few decades ago. People aren't really shocked or fazed to see the behind clothed or unclothed these days.

Old 03-26-2019, 03:45 PM

3,683 posts, read 1,643,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe333 View Post
Everyone wears stretchy-skinny jeans, leggings, and yoga pants these days. Men parade around in bike shorts. Celebs routinely wear thongs on the beach showing off their rear ends even when hanging out with their kids and families. Influencers often post buttock pics and those with augmented rears proudly showcase these. I think the mystique and privacy of the behind is a thing of the past, and is no longer really a 'private part' but just another body part out on display. It is not scandalous like it would have been a few decades ago. People aren't really shocked or fazed to see the behind clothed or unclothed these days.

I haven't seen unclothed behinds at stores or anywhere. You've gone out with unclothed behind?

Old 03-26-2019, 04:01 PM

937 posts, read 749,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james112 View Post
I haven't seen unclothed behinds at stores or anywhere. You've gone out with unclothed behind?
No, I'm a somewhat more modest person who doesn't like putting too much skin out on display. I've never publicly exposed my behind. I don't see behinds on a day to day basis either, but more just all over social media and tabloid type websites. I think it is even considered passé to leer or stare at these exposed behinds because they are just supposed to be no big deal these days.

Last edited by Chloe333; 03-26-2019 at 04:59 PM..

Old 03-26-2019, 06:31 PM

37,821 posts, read 46,358,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvetters63 View Post
Why do they have to be attractive? If they aren't trying to meet someone, why not just be comfortable in clothes they like?
I assure you they are NOT comfortable in the clothes that we are discussing.

Old 03-26-2019, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crd08 View Post
The semi-annual legging debate thread

I'm wearing leggings right now.

These to be exact:
https://www.express.com/clothing/wom...LACK/e/petite/

And I'll be changing into Nike compression leggings at the gym later.

I wear what I like and what works for me
Not one thing is wrong with those...as long you are not obese...and they FIT and you are not trying to wear them 3 sizes too small!!!

Old 03-26-2019, 06:37 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,106,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I assure you they are NOT comfortable in the clothes that we are discussing.
Isn't this thread about leggings?

Yeah, they are comfortable and that is why they are so popular.

Old 03-26-2019, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Isn't this thread about leggings?

Yeah, they are comfortable and that is why they are so popular.
Talking about how so many wear them out everywhere with their fat butts showing, and wearing TOO SMALL sizes with fat rolls spilling out. That was what I was referring to.
Leggings can certainly be an attractive look - I'm not disputing that.

Old 03-26-2019, 07:30 PM

4,004 posts, read 2,103,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
You DO see a lot of guys in bike pants in that area. I don't think it counts though, they are using a sport-specific outfit for safety reasons.
Safety reasons, eh?

LOL! And here I was thinking it was aerodynamics.

Old 03-27-2019, 08:16 AM

11,267 posts, read 9,891,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
They are common even for women to wear to work here. Out company would sent them home, but others obviously allow it. Quicken Loans a huge company that hires a ton of young people is in our area. They obviously have no dress code. Most women seem to wear spray on tights whether they are fit or not. Some of them walk around and cause traffic jams - either because they are incredibly attractive in such clothing or because they are incredibly not.

I find a classy look much more attractive than a trashy look. And yes, spray on pants of any kind is a trashy look unless it is combined/covered with something nice.
My company definitely had a dress code and anything tight made of spandex was a no-no, unless it was like a tank top with a blouse or jacket over it. Event then it was still frowned upon as unprofessional.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty