Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2019, 02:41 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,583,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixfeetunder View Post
I've been hearing this debate all over the internet about how younger women age 18-25 are sought after by all men of all ages and such. I've read numerous threads online about how they get free drinks, dates, offers, and just live a perfect life based on youth.

This has made me view myself as an odd exception and rather worthless because I'm in the quote on quote "desirable age group" (20 going to turn 21 next month) and guys generally never talk to me unless they're high, drunk, or dared by their friends. Yes, I'm young and have a firm body but my face isn't conventionally attractive or beautiful.

I always thought that men would like genuinely attractive women by their facial features, clear skin, hair, and body shape and not just because they're young. My skin is covered in flaws I don't wear makeup on a daily basis, and I look like a teenager who still hasn't finished puberty. I'd like to think a man would choose an attractive beautiful women in her 30s than a facially unattractive woman in her 20s because I'm that girl. I would be lying if I said this doesn't make me feel insecure at times.

So is this true or am I wrong (I hope so). It's just something I've observed from others online.
I’m a straight woman so I can’t answer for men specifically but having been young like you are and now more than twice your age, here are my observations:

1. From personal experience, being young, with at minimal a decent face, brings a LOT of attention from bots and men (single, engaged, married, or living with their SO) of all ages, races, and professions everywhere you go This is true.
2. Unfortunately, looking like a teen with an undeveloped body doesn't deter the majority of them (fetish, cultural, wanting to be your first or your teacher in bed, they feel that young women are easier to control / impress). Also young bodies are attractive, if healthy. Weight gain from aging, pregnancy, stress, or diminished physical activity hasn’t happened yet to most young women. Bodies are at prime attractiveness. The exception relative to who may not be attracted to you would be the popular guys in high school & college. They can afford to be picky and only date the creme de la creme of attractive young women (only the popular ones). When they become married men in a few years, they’ll be flattered if young women your age so much as even look their direction.
3. Most young women ARE attractive, no doubt about it. Their body, skin, hair, and still have all of their natural teeth, is the best its going to get. Most Young women are at their prime during teen years or early to late 20s. Women (and men) for the most part peak early relative to looks and body.
4. There are many good products in the market that will greatly improve or vastly clear up your bad skin. Do the research and get to work on improving your outer appearance if you’re interested in getting young / middle age / old man’s attention. Your youth is your biggest draw believe it or not. It’s not right or fair but youth is a giant magnet to men and as you age, that magnet continues to lose its strength and ability to attract the same volume of male attention.

Old 06-12-2019, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Are all young men handsome? Nope!
But young men have a target market that doesn’t generally put his looks as a primary factor of the attraction. Wealth or perceived wealth, has swag. plays sports, or a musician, or anything which reads as powerful and/or hyper-masculine, regardless of his age and looks is what attracts a lot of women to a man versus him being handsome.

Conversely, a woman having obtained those things still wouldn’t attract a lot of men if she’s unattractive.

Old 06-12-2019, 03:01 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeCPA;
My answer to the OP's question would be a definite "No". That said, younger women are GENERALLY more desirable by men due to their physical characteristics. I believe this is prevalent throughout nature. There are many factors in attractiveness for a woman. Her physical features, personality, financial position, etc. Different men places different values on these factors. I don't understand what the purpose of this thread is. I thought it was common knowledge that younger people (both men and women but more so women) are more attractive to the opposite sex than older people.
That seems to assume that all young women have some kind of magnetic physical characteristics. You do realize, don't you, that not all women are Barbies? Plenty of young women don't attract the attention of men 10 years older, or even of guys their age. The mere fact of being young isn't enough to attract attention. There's got to be a lot more to a woman's "physical characteristics" than mere youth. Some women at 20 still look like they're 12. They don't have the body type to attract male attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
The purpose or the thread is that OP is a young 20 year old woman. She keeps hearing on forums about how all young girls and women are beautiful. However she does not consider herself beautiful. She feels like an outlier in this respect. So she’s asking are all young girls beautiful the unspoken part is “except me?”. It’s easy to think all young people are beautiful if you get all your information from television forums and social media etc. To me again it goes back to the pressure that young people are under today to look a certain way.
Exactly! And the fact is, she's not an outlier! She's average, like so many other women. Her experience is normal. The people on those forums and blogs speaking about young women in such a stereotypical way are dudes, in many cases guys who are resentful toward women their age whom they believe to have it easy in the dating world. They falsely believe that women have guys lined up daily jockeying for their attention. The OP is tuned into the wrong channel!

OP, you're letting the wrong sources brainwash you into believing you're unattractive and are missing out on some fabulous social scene. This is causing your self-esteem to plummet. This is a distorted view of reality. Before there was the internet, young women, teens especially, went through the same thing based on all the perfect-looking teens on TV teen shows and in teen fan mags. They had no idea that the actresses in the shows were models, or otherwise cherry-picked for their good looks. Teen girls grew up comparing themselves to impossible ideals, and suffering because of it.

Media images, whether social media or TV, are not representative of reality. What about your friends, do they fit this stereotype? Observe people around you. Do your own reality check.

Old 06-12-2019, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
The purpose or the thread is that OP is a young 20 year old woman. She keeps hearing on forums about how all young girls and women are beautiful. However she does not consider herself beautiful. She feels like an outlier in this respect. So she’s asking are all young girls beautiful the unspoken part is “except me?”. It’s easy to think all young people are beautiful if you get all your information from television forums and social media etc. To me again it goes back to the pressure that young people are under today to look a certain way.
That’s the day she realized that she’d inadvertently aged out of being a “young” woman and realizes now she’s just a “woman”. It’s sobering but survivable.

Old 06-12-2019, 03:38 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,981,341 times
No, they are not, and they don't have to be...being beautiful is not a requirement to be a woman.

Old 06-12-2019, 04:27 PM

50,828 posts, read 36,538,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post
That’s the day she realized that she’d inadvertently aged out of being a “young” woman and realizes now she’s just a “woman”. It’s sobering but survivable.
She hasn’t aged out of being a young woman at 20, she can’t even buy booze yet for goodness sake. I don’t think your read is accurate. OP doesn’t feel old at all. She feels like she doesn’t have the qualities she hears people say are common to every other young woman, i.e beautiful smooth skin (she has acne). She keeps hearing how men find all young women inherently beautiful, yet that has never been reflected in her own life. So she feels like the only young woman around who is not beautiful and desirable, which of course is an illusion (FEAR = False Evidence Appearing Real) and not true at all. Most people are in the middle somewhere between beautiful and unattractive, but it can very easily appear otherwise given social media, magazines and entertainment, etc.

Last edited by ocnjgirl; 06-12-2019 at 05:15 PM..

Old 06-12-2019, 08:24 PM

1,110 posts, read 897,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixfeetunder View Post
I've been hearing this debate all over the internet about how younger women age 18-25 are sought after by all men of all ages and such. I've read numerous threads online about how they get free drinks, dates, offers, and just live a perfect life based on youth.

This has made me view myself as an odd exception and rather worthless because I'm in the quote on quote "desirable age group" (20 going to turn 21 next month) and guys generally never talk to me unless they're high, drunk, or dared by their friends. Yes, I'm young and have a firm body but my face isn't conventionally attractive or beautiful.

I always thought that men would like genuinely attractive women by their facial features, clear skin, hair, and body shape and not just because they're young. My skin is covered in flaws I don't wear makeup on a daily basis, and I look like a teenager who still hasn't finished puberty. I'd like to think a man would choose an attractive beautiful women in her 30s than a facially unattractive woman in her 20s because I'm that girl. I would be lying if I said this doesn't make me feel insecure at times.

So is this true or am I wrong (I hope so). It's just something I've observed from others online.
Some women are more attractive when they are younger, but do not age well. Some women never look very good (regardless of age), while some women always look good, regardless of age. However, if you are not so attractive, you can look interesting. You can always improve your appearance. Study up on style and cultivate something unique for yourself. BTW, looks are not everything, they are more important to the young, and to the shallow.

Old 06-12-2019, 08:33 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post
She's 20, barely out of her teens.

Old 06-12-2019, 11:18 PM

6,384 posts, read 5,012,901 times
A lot of men think that all women have an incredibly easy time winning men's admiration, because they themselves have been rejected by a lot of women and it makes them bitter.

1. Many women do not, especially if they appear to be educated, introverted, nerdy, "prudish", or otherwise not an easy sexual target (but this doesn't mean these women aren't desirable, just not to guys who only want sex)
2. Even those women who do get a lot of male attention don't necessarily want it, because this attention easily turns into objectification and (if she rejects the man) anger

Old 06-13-2019, 01:13 AM

1,892 posts, read 2,535,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
That seems to assume that all young women have some kind of magnetic physical characteristics. You do realize, don't you, that not all women are Barbies? Plenty of young women don't attract the attention of men 10 years older, or even of guys their age. The mere fact of being young isn't enough to attract attention. There's got to be a lot more to a woman's "physical characteristics" than mere youth. Some women at 20 still look like they're 12. They don't have the body type to attract male attention.
Huh? I never implied that ALL young women have magnetic physical characteristics. I don't know where you got that from. Of course not all women are barbies, in fact the vast majority aren't. Of course being young in itself isn't enough to attract attention. You seem to be creating an argument when none exists.

The OP asked if ALL young women are beautiful. I said my answer is a definite NO. I also said that younger women in GENERAL are more desirable to men due to their physical characteristics. Ex. Your average women would attract more male attention at 25 than at 45. Of course this is a GENERALIZATION. It does not happen all the time but it happens more often than not. Do you disagree with anything I said?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.