Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2019, 02:06 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,034,249 times

Advertisements

Jason Momoa has an eyebrow scar. It's pretty significant.

Just sayin...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2019, 02:29 PM

15 posts, read 13,799 times
"Other people here will give suggestions on possible remedies to reduce the scarring, but for me, I would embrace the scar. It is who you are now. It is a reminder of what you have gone through. Any person who is shallow enough to think of you less because of the scar, is not worth knowing for me."

I agree 100% with Wileykid.

I used to work at Fort Carson here in Colorado Springs. You should see the scarring/wounds some of those soldiers have. I think that would put some perspective on it for you.

Old 06-18-2019, 03:08 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,033,646 times
At least you're ok. Who cares what some people think. Live your life & screw them.

Old 06-18-2019, 03:24 PM

22,665 posts, read 24,619,009 times
Laser-scar-revision is very effective at reducing the appearance of certain scars.......maybe something to look into.

Old 06-18-2019, 05:17 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,033,646 times
I have scars all over from head to toe. A few are very noticeable. Oh well I'm only human.

Old 06-18-2019, 05:28 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,179,420 times
You can wear a fedora. Oh my goodness yes.

https://www.kingandfifth.com/blogs/k...ar-fedora-hats

Find one and make it yours. For more inspiration about how men used to wear them, watch some old movies from the 1940s. But this link shows you that you can wear a fedora with modern, casual clothes.

Old 06-18-2019, 11:35 PM

2,132 posts, read 2,228,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
A scar wouldn’t necessarily be a deal breaker for me. It would just be superficial. If someone is offended by a scar.. probably not the one you’re looking for to begin with. Bald can be sexy, a scar can be ruggedly sexy looking too. Yum!
+1. Another female perspective - I don't think a scar on a bald head would bother me. Make up a ridiculous story about how you rescued a school bus full of puppies that was about to drive off a cliff and you'll have the girls swooning at your feet.

Old 06-19-2019, 05:53 AM

8,773 posts, read 5,065,317 times
Do you see the amount of ugly tats, that people pay a lot of money on.They get them on their head, neck and faces. If I were you I wouldn`t worry at all about your scar. It is there for a good reason.

Old 06-19-2019, 06:47 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,977,724 times
I have several scars I've collected over the years, including one pretty significant one on my chin. But even that one has lessened over the years.

Anyway, my point is that I've simply never thought much about them and they have not impeded my life in any way - including but not limited to my dating life, I might add.

Scars are interesting, so you may have someone ask you about the scar occasionally but so what? Just tell them what happened - or make up some really heroic, crazy story and tell them that one first, and then after they are super impressed then say, "Nyahh, not really - I had a mole removed," and everyone can have a big laugh and then just forget about it.

From a practical stand point, you may want to rub Vitamin E oil on it every evening because in my experience that really does help cut down on scar tissue and aids in healing. I have two really cool matching scars on my two Achilles tendons from having to have surgery on both of them (wow, that was no fun but I digress). Due to you know, needing to wear shoes, I rubbed Vitamin E oil on them every night for about a year and I think it really helped.

And like I said, over time, most scars continue to become less and less noticeable anyway.

Scars make people more interesting in my opinion. Capitalize on that!

Old 06-19-2019, 08:12 AM

11,138 posts, read 9,773,353 times
Honestly, don't worry about it. A scar is just a scar. It doesn't say anything negative about you. If anyone would be repelled by a scar, then that person is not worth knowing. Good people care about who you are, what kind of a person you are, not whether you had an incision. It probably looks far less unattractive than you think, but since it is new, it draws your eye to it and you focus on it. Overtime it will fade, but will probably never go away completely. Just wear a hat if it bothers you, and when you can't, really don't give it a thought.The more you try to hide it, the more you will draw attention to it.

I know you probably think "That's easy for her to say! She doesn't have to live with this thing." I understand. I broke my femur and had to have emergency surgery. Let's just say that they weren't very concerned with the scars they would leave, they were too busy trying to save my leg. When the explained the surgery to me, it sounded like I would be left with a scar about 4 inches on my butt cheek. In reality, I woke up with an incision 10 inches long from my cheek diagonally down to my thigh, about 6 inches of which would not be covered by a swimsuit, and another 4-5 inch scar further down the outside of my leg. Most of this was not stitched up with pretty cosmetic stitches, but instead they used some kind of surgical staple gun that left me with huge metal staples in my skin. So 20 years later, my scar is still there, it's 1/2 wide, 10 inches long, but it's faded to a similar color as the rest of my kin, and I usually don't even remember it's there. Yes, it shows everytime I wear a swimsuit or even shorter shorts, but I can't remember ever being embarrassed about it. I wear it as a badge of courage for the trauma I experienced, and the blessing that living through it has been.

Honestly, just don't worry about it. Good people don't care if you're not aesthetically perfect, and the other type of people are not worth thinking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty