Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2019, 11:00 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,286,513 times

Advertisements

What I hate most about fashion is that people get judged for what they wear. The cliche "judging a book by its cover" sadly lives in the fashion world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2019, 03:14 PM

11,053 posts, read 24,035,149 times
Fashion is fun to watch, but I'm glad it happens to other people.

Old 07-16-2019, 11:56 AM

2,575 posts, read 2,078,249 times
Fashion is fun, you can express youself.
I hate that I can't afford to truly have the closet I'd like to have. I also wish sizing was more universal

Old 07-16-2019, 01:02 PM

2,790 posts, read 1,644,793 times
I like that certain cuts will make the body line look great. I like boot cut jeans because they make the leg line look longer. I like fitted shirts because they highlight the waist.

I dislike trends. The style in 2005-2006 in the TV show "What Not to Wear" was the best fashion because the clothes made the body line look so good. A-line skirts, fitted shirts that gave a defined waist.

Then the trend changed to flowy and loose, and the airy shirts on the show looked terrible. That's when I stopped watching.

Old 07-16-2019, 01:16 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
What I love most is that it never gets boring.
What I hate most is that too many people participate in certain looks who look ridiculous on them or don't carry it out well.

Example: There was a time when everyone got rid of their eyebrows and painted them back on. But alot of people weren't skilled in painting and it looked like a clown gone wrong.

Or the recent belly free trend - only looks good on flat stomach but most people who participated looked pregnant.

Old 07-16-2019, 01:21 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,583,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
What I love most is that it never gets boring.
What I hate most is that too many people participate in certain looks who look ridiculous on them or don't carry it out well.

Example: There was a time when everyone got rid of their eyebrows and painted them back on. But alot of people weren't skilled in painting and it looked like a clown gone wrong.

Or the recent belly free trend - only looks good on flat stomach but most people who participated looked pregnant.
I know what you mean.......BUT as long as you know *you* look good, other people not looking good isn't so bad. Am I right? Lol!

Old 07-16-2019, 01:46 PM

6,503 posts, read 3,437,106 times
Love: Discovering how to tastefully and subtly one-up the status quo on a staple item (e.g. the black Polo shirt, or Levi's jeans) and find a piece that looks just unique enough but not gaudy. Think different colored lining, logos, stitching than commonly found. Not wild patterns that don't even look like they're the same designer. Finding the original, functional brand (not the designer brand that made them popular) of a new trend. Boots, for example.

Hate: Sizing difference between brands, fabrics that aren't pre-shrunk, the fact that it takes a celebrity wearing something before it becomes "in style". Many of my friends at school were "ahead of their time" and looked out of place in the moment, but 5 years later would have looked trendy.

Old 07-16-2019, 02:07 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,349,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
I love putting outfits together. I hate when horrible trends last too long (I'm talking to you skinny jeans).
I was never a fan of skinny jeans. But some people can make it work. I sure as much couldn't. I like my pants to give my legs breathing room.

Old 07-16-2019, 02:09 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,349,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
What I hate most about fashion is that people get judged for what they wear. The cliche "judging a book by its cover" sadly lives in the fashion world.
^^

For one thing, I have a style that is unconventional and while I like it, I feel judged for wearing it. LOL!!! But then I say to hell with them. They judge me anyway. They definitely don't accept me, nor are they paying me. So I don't have to dress for them.

Fortunately, as much as people judge me for my style, there are people that seem to love my style.

Old 07-16-2019, 02:16 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,583,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
^^

For one thing, I have a style that is unconventional and while I like it, I feel judged for wearing it. LOL!!! But then I say to hell with them. They judge me anyway. They definitely don't accept me, nor are they paying me. So I don't have to dress for them.

Fortunately, as much as people judge me for my style, there are people that seem to love my style.
Everyone judges, tho....just ignore it.

I have lots of followers on my fashion & beauty vlog....& probably 10% routinely just judge or criticize. It's like...why would you even watch if you don't like...because by watching me & subscribing I get paid!? Haters gonna hate, even when it benefits me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty