Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2020, 10:09 AM

29,748 posts, read 34,409,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Let's face it, lingerie is not for the woman wearing it, it is for us guys.
Are we referring to lingerie as only the fancy, sexy, special occassion stuff? The everyday t-shirt bra and black underwear are also, technically, lingerie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2020, 10:11 AM

4,039 posts, read 3,777,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Are we referring to lingerie as only the fancy, sexy, special occassion stuff? The everyday t-shirt bra and black underwear are also, technically, lingerie.
Isn't that just underwear?

Old 04-23-2020, 10:13 AM

29,748 posts, read 34,409,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriella Geramia View Post
Isn't that just underwear?
The dictionary definition is:

noun: lingerie
women's underwear and nightclothes.

Comes from the French word for "linen". ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Old 04-23-2020, 10:33 AM

17,594 posts, read 13,372,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriella Geramia View Post
Not sure where to post this but I figured some people may try and repurpose their lingerie to try and wear it out? What else can you do with lingerie?
Make a face mask with it

Old 04-23-2020, 10:34 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,586,529 times
It's not a waste of money to feel good about yourself & entice your man in different sexy ways IMO. Lots of us like to wear sexy bras & panties every day too......we have to wear those anyway so why would it be a waste?

Old 04-23-2020, 10:52 AM

4,717 posts, read 3,271,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
Exactly. LOL
One time, my mom and I were shopping. We happened to be in the shoe dept at Macy's, and I saw this pair of red, patent leather, stiletto heeled open-toed shoes. Honestly, they looked like pole dance or street walker shoes. I kind of loved them, and pointed them out to my mom, telling her I kind of loved them.
DH used to tell the story about how his sister once bought a pair of sexy red shoes- this would have been the 1950s. His Mom's response: "Shirley, only two kinds of women wear shoes like that and you sure ain't no Spanish dancer."

Old 04-23-2020, 10:56 AM

4,088 posts, read 2,564,908 times
Quote:
Heh. I wear it for me. That my partner gets to enjoy it as well is a happy side effect (he's a lingerie guy).

Lingerie (corsetry, bras, panties, garters/stockings with back seams/fishnets, slips, pretty nighties, tap pants, silk robes, peignoir sets--I love them all) is money very well spent.

Quality lingerie lasts a long time if properly cared for, so I do have a few of what I like to call "investment pieces." (La Perla, I'm looking at you.) I also like to buy vintage slips and nightgowns when I can find them at thrift stores and estate sales.

Old 04-23-2020, 10:58 AM

4,088 posts, read 2,564,908 times
Quote:
Heh. I wear it for me. That my partner gets to enjoy it as well is a happy side effect (he's a lingerie guy).

Lingerie (corsetry, bras, panties, garters/stockings with back seams/fishnets, slips, pretty nighties, tap pants, silk robes, peignoir sets, camisoles--I love them all) is money very well spent.

Quality lingerie lasts a long time if properly cared for, so I do have a few of what I like to call "investment pieces." (La Perla, I'm looking at you.) I also like to buy vintage slips and nightgowns when I can find them at thrift stores and estate sales.

Old 04-23-2020, 10:59 AM

16,216 posts, read 11,343,520 times
Personally, I've always found a woman in pajamas (no underwear, please) to be more attractive than the same woman in a filmy nightgown. This probably relates to my partiality toward a masculine spirit (self-reliant, pragmatic and independent), but definitely in a female body.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 04-23-2020 at 12:25 PM..

Old 04-23-2020, 11:05 AM

20,398 posts, read 14,678,474 times
I once had a partner who also said that lingerie is not for the women, it's for the men who like to look at them. He bought me lingerie, and he wanted it back when we broke up. He complained if I did not wear it to bed often enough. And oddly enough, toward the end of our relationship I found several pairs of my stockings that had been inexplicably stretched out, ruined, I could no longer wear them. I didn't give it much thought. I never would have guessed what he later admitted, that this manly manly man who was forever on about how "alpha" he was, actually fetishized lingerie to the point that he wanted to wear it himself. Yeah, apparently it's for the men alright.

Anyhow. I think that there are ways to repurpose stuff and there are items you can wear to go out if you want, often depending not only on the nature of the garment, but the kind of activities you go to. I have a sort of...teddy, I guess? It's got the spaghetti straps, fastens with hooks in the back, has boning but no lacing, so I'm not sure it's a corset...it also has the removable garters. Well, it isn't lacy or filmy or see-through. It's black and red and has a design up the front of black skulls on red background. I wore it to metal concerts, when it fit me. I could probably use the material to sew a small purse or something if I wanted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty