Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 02:01 PM

395 posts, read 1,363,991 times

Advertisements

I have been using this mascara and I like it a lot, but by the end of the day, there are all these black blotches under my eyes, so I guess it bleeds it is driving me crazy!!!
It is revlon 3d extreme..it may work well for others, but it always bleeds! Before that I was using Cover girl lashblast, it was alright, but nothing special.
Does anyone have any suggestions for me?
I do not like waterproof!!! And I know the whole blotting the wand thing..so as far as I know i am doing everything right.
Any kinds of non-waterproof volumizing mascaras that won't bleed all over under my eyes??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2008, 02:38 PM

2,976 posts, read 13,375,504 times
Try Almay One Coat - I have been using this for years with excellent results. Also Rimmel - I bought this the other day and was quite impressed - it was in a red tube with great lengthening and thickening features.

I bought Revelon 3D and it gets cakey and the brush is poorly designed.

Old 03-14-2008, 02:45 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
I recommend L'Oreal Voluminous - or Volume Shocking. Almay One Coat was a one-time purchase for me; it seemd to make my lashes dry and brittle and it always flaked by the afternoon.

I have been using L'Oreal mascara since the time they came out with the LashOut line in the late 80s and never looked back. Each time I venture off to a different brand, I always end up throwing it out.

Old 03-14-2008, 03:28 PM

690 posts, read 2,630,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I recommend L'Oreal Voluminous - or Volume Shocking..... Each time I venture off to a different brand, I always end up throwing it out.
Couldn't agree more. I only use L'Oreal Voluminous and swear by it.

Old 03-14-2008, 03:55 PM

342 posts, read 1,793,717 times
I have got to agree with DontH8Me and MsJones on this one. Loreal Voluminous. I buy it in Black Noir. I prefer the straight brush. It comes in a waterproof formula as well. I have been using it for the last decade and I pray they never stop making it! LOL!

Old 03-14-2008, 07:16 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,171,483 times
Most of my stuff is water-proof because it's stage makeup, but as far as non-water-proof: I loved my last mascara - Maxx Factor Volume Couture...But this time I tried something new. It's by Rimmel and called Lash Maxxx. I have really thin lashes, and this stuff works really well.

I'll have to try the Voluminous next.

Old 03-14-2008, 08:05 PM

15,144 posts, read 27,791,000 times
Do any of you curl your lashes? I have a problem w/many mascaras flattening out... mine are long but I want to keep the curl. Of course, the mascaras I LOVED have been discontinued (you name it, if I love it, it will be discontinued...)

I didn't care for the Voluminous, I also don't like those that you have to coat w/the white stuff, then mascara - I also don't want them them to look like ....yikes I can't think of her name, lmao (brain dead right now).

I've been using cheapo Maybelline Full 'n Soft - I like it (but not as much as my previous), doesn't weigh down the lashes and pull out the curl and doesn't feel clumpy or hard.

Old 03-14-2008, 10:02 PM

206 posts, read 939,025 times
I love B.E. Weather Everything mascara, but it is waterproof. It will not budge, even when swimming!! It comes off easily w/ makeup remover ( I use Ponds)
For everyday, gentler, wearing mascara I swear by Maybelline Full & Soft.

Old 03-15-2008, 10:32 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,271,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I recommend L'Oreal Voluminous - or Volume Shocking. Almay One Coat was a one-time purchase for me; it seemd to make my lashes dry and brittle and it always flaked by the afternoon.

I have been using L'Oreal mascara since the time they came out with the LashOut line in the late 80s and never looked back. Each time I venture off to a different brand, I always end up throwing it out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hc7612 View Post
I have got to agree with DontH8Me and MsJones on this one. Loreal Voluminous. I buy it in Black Noir. I prefer the straight brush. It comes in a waterproof formula as well. I have been using it for the last decade and I pray they never stop making it! LOL!
Count me in for the L'Oreal Voluminous. Tried more expensive brands, but I don't think they can beat this one for the looks. Not sure about the smearing problem though.

Old 03-16-2008, 01:07 AM

395 posts, read 1,363,991 times
Thanks everyone! Seems like the Loreal one is pretty popular!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty