Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 05:12 PM

184 posts, read 491,510 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

I just recently started using foundation on a daily basis, but I notice that halfway through the day my face starts to look really oily. I do have naturally oily skin, and I use only oil-free makeup, but is there a product or foundation you can recommend to help reduce the shine??

I was also once acne-prone, so I try to avoid anything that might cause a breakout.

Thanks for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2008, 06:21 PM

15,144 posts, read 27,785,743 times
I have oily skin also, I've found Avon Pore-fection Mattifer good as a base moisturizer before foundation. I also carry those oil absorbing tissue sheets w/me for daytime blotting. I've been using L'Oreal perfect balance foundation (the Revlon ColorStay is too dry and "icky" feeling). Also, "set" your foundation w/a sheer oil-absorbing powder.

I guess on the plus side, I don't think oily skin gets wrinkles as quickly as dry skin does.

Old 04-28-2008, 07:01 PM

I use L'Oreal too and I like it. What oil-absorbing powder do you recommend?

Old 04-29-2008, 09:15 AM

342 posts, read 1,793,615 times
Smashbox has an anti-shine product that works pretty well. You can put in on before and after your makeup. I swear by blotting sheets. I have combination skin and occasionally get oily in my T-zone. Rather than add more powder to that area, I will dab with a blotting sheet. Works wonders. You can find the sheets everywhere now.

Old 04-29-2008, 10:13 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,644,236 times
I use Neutrogena skin clearing liquid makeup. I'm not prone to acne at this stage but even so, it keeps my skin looking nice and clear and it's very light feeling on your skin. To top things off, I use Physicians Formula mineral loose powder. It creates a flawless look and keeps the makeup set all day. The plus is that you can also use it by itself for coverage.

Old 04-29-2008, 10:54 AM

5,504 posts, read 6,248,044 times
I switch between DHC and Garden Botanika. I have been using both for years, their skin care collection is beautiful for anti-aging. Go to their websites and see some of the products.

Old 04-29-2008, 02:56 PM

40 posts, read 144,132 times
i wash my face with Clean and Clear deep cleaning cream wash and it helps me to prevent oily skin. My skin is not soft and smooth and I can safely apply any make up.

Old 04-29-2008, 04:18 PM

15,144 posts, read 27,785,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by musincy View Post
I use L'Oreal too and I like it. What oil-absorbing powder do you recommend?
I honestly don't know if it's still made (I stocked up when it was really cheap) - I use Maybelline Shine-Free (it's compact or loose - good tip, if you use the loose: pat it on w/fingers and then use a big fluffy brush to remove the excess).

Since I've gotten older (don't we all? ) - I use the L'Oreal Line Minimizing Powder/Colour Lift - I don't have lines, but I think folks w/oily skin tend to have larger pores and it helps conceal them (as does the loose powder when applied with the fingers).

The blotting papers really work great, they don't mess up the makeup (I don't wear it really heavily) - but they remove the shine/oil.

Old 04-29-2008, 04:25 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,958,318 times
Uh....Im a guy and I used to have oily skin. I started using Clinique clarifying lotion #2 and follow that up with clinque dramatically different moisturizing lotion. Now my skin is wonderful.......at least.....that what the ladies say........or rather.......thats what my wife says.

Old 04-29-2008, 09:15 PM

I'm pretty happy with my cleanser. When I don't wear makeup, my face is great. There's just something about my skin mixed with makeup.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty