Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2021, 06:42 PM

5,331 posts, read 8,539,987 times

Advertisements

Do you remember the yoga pants they used to sell that had a soft waist band made of fabric that you could fold over to fit at whatever height you chose? They were so comfortable and non-binding around the stomach. I have been searching the internet high and low and cannot find these anywhere anymore.

There are some now that they trick you into thinking have a fold over waist band but they put a thin elastic band at the top so its not the same as the soft stretchy fabric they used to have on almost all yoga pants.

If you know of any place to buy the fold over type, please do let me know! I would pay a lot of money for them. My only remaining pair is nearly thread bare. I'm hoping that maybe they'll come back when the high-waist trend eventually goes away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2021, 06:56 PM

4,088 posts, read 2,557,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
Do you remember the yoga pants they used to sell that had a soft waist band made of fabric that you could fold over to fit at whatever height you chose? They were so comfortable and non-binding around the stomach. I have been searching the internet high and low and cannot find these anywhere anymore.

There are some now that they trick you into thinking have a fold over waist band but they put a thin elastic band at the top so its not the same as the soft stretchy fabric they used to have on almost all yoga pants.

If you know of any place to buy the fold over type, please do let me know! I would pay a lot of money for them. My only remaining pair is nearly thread bare. I'm hoping that maybe they'll come back when the high-waist trend eventually goes away.

I think that Vicky's (Victoria's Secret) still carries them online and in select stores. I think that they were called something like "Foldover Flare Yoga Pants." I have a pair that I bought several years ago and still love them. I don't remember them being very expensive, either. They cost somewhere between $25-35, I think.

Old 09-01-2021, 07:32 PM

2,161 posts, read 1,150,912 times
I just bought a bunch of different kinds! Soft full length with the little flair, below the knee tight workout ones and running ones that have the built in cell phone holder below the hip. They all came from costco and kohls. They were all $20 or under. I have a belly button ring and love that I can flip them below that and it stays flipped!

I went in person because a lot of them either have that elastic that wont flip or the flip part isn't meant to be, just looks like it should flip. Target used to have nice ones but not anymore.

Old 09-01-2021, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly Known As Twenty View Post
I think that Vicky's (Victoria's Secret) still carries them online and in select stores. I think that they were called something like "Foldover Flare Yoga Pants." I have a pair that I bought several years ago and still love them. I don't remember them being very expensive, either. They cost somewhere between $25-35, I think.
Thanks... Good suggestion - I found a few on their site that state they have a "foldover" waistband

They are $30 - maybe I will order some and see if the waistband is the type I want (no hidden skinny band).

https://www.victoriassecret.com/us/v...r=yoga%20pants

https://www.victoriassecret.com/us/v...r=yoga%20pants

Old 09-01-2021, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC View Post
I just bought a bunch of different kinds! Soft full length with the little flair, below the knee tight workout ones and running ones that have the built in cell phone holder below the hip. They all came from costco and kohls. They were all $20 or under. I have a belly button ring and love that I can flip them below that and it stays flipped!

I went in person because a lot of them either have that elastic that wont flip or the flip part isn't meant to be, just looks like it should flip. Target used to have nice ones but not anymore.

Last time I looked at the Kohls website for these I couldn't find any. I don't live near one so I guess that option is probably out. Thanks though.

Old 09-01-2021, 08:55 PM

4,490 posts, read 4,979,166 times
yes!! they were my favorite

Old 09-02-2021, 06:24 AM

16,414 posts, read 12,492,377 times
Lots of 'em on Amazon.

Old 09-02-2021, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Lots of 'em on Amazon.

Can you share any links? I spent a fair bit of time searching on there recently and when reading the reviews, people would comment on there being a thin elastic band in the ones that appeared to have a fold over waist (and were labelled as having a fold over waist).

Old 09-02-2021, 11:47 AM

16,414 posts, read 12,492,377 times
Quote:
Can you share any links? I spent a fair bit of time searching on there recently and when reading the reviews, people would comment on there being a thin elastic band in the ones that appeared to have a fold over waist (and were labelled as having a fold over waist).
I was just saying that there are a lot of foldover yoga pants on Amazon. Whether or not they meet your particular criteria is a deeper detail dive than I'm willing to take.

Old 09-02-2021, 12:29 PM

37,593 posts, read 45,960,046 times
Quote:

I know exactly what you mean - I LOVED them. I still have one pair. But another suggestion - if you have an Aerie store near you, their leggings have very soft stretchy waist bands without that darn elastic band inside. I love them. You do have to get used to the higher waist, but honestly the construction of the waistband and the material used, is far more important to me. I simply won't wear the stuff with the tight elastic bands.

They also have a foldover legging, although it is wide legged.

https://www.ae.com/us/en/p/aerie/leg...enu=cat1090003
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty