Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2021, 12:24 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,568,534 times

Advertisements

Which one (or both) of these styles looks more elegant and would be more versatile in a woman's wardrobe? Be sure to look at the thumbnails accompanying each to see details.

I can't decide if they are classic, formal or too conservative. No plan to buy until January sales if at all. I can't make up my mind. The fabric, silk charmeuse, is so sensuous.

https://www.lilysilk.com/us/feminine...talogimagehref

https://www.lilysilk.com/us/retro-ex...talogimagehref
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2021, 04:21 AM

50,346 posts, read 63,928,555 times
I would choose the first one. You could wear it with anything.

Old 11-14-2021, 04:48 AM

3,374 posts, read 1,964,723 times
The second one is too boxy - not enough shape to it so definitely go with the first one. I was on their website and I found a lot of tops I liked better but that's always going to be personal taste. I like a simpler neckline and there were some lovely blouses with open neck collars which I prefer.

Old 11-14-2021, 06:46 AM

1,879 posts, read 1,069,688 times
I do not think the 2nd one is too boxy, I think the model is wearing a size too big. I think in general the 2nd one is more versatile than the 1st one myself. The first one is beautiful and classy but wouldn't work for date night as it's too prissy and it wouldn't work in warmer climates. It also wouldn't flatter a woman who looks better in open necklines. The 2nd one can be worn for business wear as well as date night depending on how the neckline is adjusted. However, despite that, I actually don't like the fact that it has the possibility of falling open. I don't know if it has a snap or button to close it but personally I would close it up and just wear it like a V-necked blouse.

Old 11-14-2021, 08:07 AM

9,440 posts, read 5,204,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Which one (or both) of these styles looks more elegant and would be more versatile in a woman's wardrobe? Be sure to look at the thumbnails accompanying each to see details.

I can't decide if they are classic, formal or too conservative. No plan to buy until January sales if at all. I can't make up my mind. The fabric, silk charmeuse, is so sensuous.

https://www.lilysilk.com/us/feminine...talogimagehref

https://www.lilysilk.com/us/retro-ex...talogimagehref
I also love the first one......I love that tie/ruffle detail. Lovely.

Edit....the pale pink is gorge...but so is the silver. Hmmmmm very elegant.

Old 11-14-2021, 08:20 AM

3,108 posts, read 1,005,048 times
I like the second one. No, it's not boxy, the model is wearing a size too big, indeed. I find it more elegant, versatile, modern. I would have made it with more buttons, the distance between the buttons is too small. In my opinion. It doesn't look right. For this price I would want it to be perfect.

Old 11-14-2021, 08:26 AM

12,038 posts, read 8,408,910 times
Neither of them appeal to me. The first looks dated. Though I like the way the collar has been treated, I don't care for the hanging tails.

The second with its asymmetrical design may not stay in style.

It's all a matter of personal taste of course but I've gotten the most wear out of the simple tailored ones that you can use to dress up a pair of jeans or add your own scarf or jewelry to for more flair with a suit or skirt.

Old 11-14-2021, 09:38 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,367,163 times
Not a fan of either. The first one looks like an 80s throwback with that bow. I like the collar on the second one, but not the buttons.

Old 11-14-2021, 09:51 AM

6,854 posts, read 4,853,645 times
If it's hard to decide - buy them both. Or, find a third option. I like the twist neck better, in the cream color.

https://www.lilysilk.com/us/charming...lk-blouse.html

Old 11-14-2021, 11:58 AM

24,490 posts, read 10,825,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I like to sue trash View Post
You have zero self esteem.
You have zero confidence.
That’s why you copy others and ask others to help you pick out your clothes.
You must be so annoying to anyone that has to deal with you in real life.

As they say Down South - that's nice.

I vote for neither one. The scarf thing would drive me crazy as it will not stay in place and hangs past the waist line. The other one is straight out of JC Penny 1980s. Neither one is a classic silk blouse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty