Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 11:02 AM

10,536 posts, read 6,175,841 times

Advertisements

Sagging pants pulled down to show underpants. Seriously - when is this fashion going to die?

A couple of weeks ago I was sitting on a tram when this guy gets on and sits opposite me. His pants were so low he was literally sitting just on his underpants with his jeans round his thighs. All I could think was he looked like he was sitting on a toilet.

Yesterday I was with my kids at the park. There was this guy with sagging pants pushing his daughter on the swing. Except that he had to push his daughter with one hand and hold his pants to stop them falling down with the other (very loose pants). Then as he walked away, his pants did fall down. Hilarious.

In the summer I went to the beach. There was a group of teenagers nearby with the boys trying to impress a group of girls. All the boys had underpants on underneath their saggy swimming gear. One guy was constantly adjusting his pants up and down so he had just the right amount of underwear showing. The girls unimpressed went swimming with the boys following on in tow like sheep. Who goes swimming in two pairs of pants??

There is always a ton of stuff floating about on the internet / facebook ridiculing this fashion.
Here's a blog with some examples. I love the guy in the supermarket with the trousers round his ankles and the story about the burglar who was caught because of his pants.
Burglar Tripped Up By Sagging Pants | e-Forwards.com - Funny Emails

There have been stupid fashions in the past but to me this one is by far the stupidest.

Anyone else agree?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2012, 11:17 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,586,822 times
I agree! I'm 33yrs old and have seen some outlandish fashion fads in my lifetime but this whole skinny jeans/low sagging fashion trend has to be the most stupid fashion trend EVER! First of all it CANT be comfortable. Secondly, you look like a complete idiot!

Old 10-08-2012, 11:33 AM

2,189 posts, read 2,326,353 times
It is stupid. And disgusting. To walk around making one's rear a focal point is just downright disrespectful to yourself and to society at large. No one wants to have to view another's backside or their underwear in such a tacky way. Teaching our kids that if someone doesn't have enough self respect to pull up their pants, then you must have enough self respect to not associate with that person.

In its early days, the fad put others on notice that the wearer was available for anal sex.

Old 10-08-2012, 02:16 PM

1,758 posts, read 3,837,549 times
We had a discussion of this on another board, and one woman who works in Corrections said it originated in prisons as a signal for "I'm available and willing." That's why the butt is hanging out. She said she wanted to have business cards printed up with the story of that fashion trend, so she could just hand them out to every guy she sees in droopy drawers!

Old 10-08-2012, 02:21 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,380,043 times
Yup. It's dumb. Maybe if we don't call attention to it, it will lose its shock-appeal and just go away, and then all those guys will just have to advertise their submissiveness to anal sex another way.

Old 10-08-2012, 02:48 PM

1,768 posts, read 1,639,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SorryIMovedBack View Post
We had a discussion of this on another board, and one woman who works in Corrections said it originated in prisons as a signal for "I'm available and willing." That's why the butt is hanging out. She said she wanted to have business cards printed up with the story of that fashion trend, so she could just hand them out to every guy she sees in droopy drawers!

This is NOT TRUE.

Please do a little research next time:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sagging_(fashion)

Oh, and I'm anticipating the "Wikipedia isn't right" comment. Go check other sources and you'll see...

Old 10-08-2012, 02:52 PM

5,481 posts, read 8,586,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonym9428 View Post
This is NOT TRUE.

Please do a little research next time:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sagging_(fashion)

Oh, and I'm anticipating the "Wikipedia isn't right" comment. Go check other sources and you'll see...
Are u one of the tight pants saggers?

Old 10-08-2012, 03:03 PM

2,118 posts, read 6,381,113 times
I kind of like that fashion.

It doesn't bother me one bit and I think the laws prohibiting sagging pants are asinine.

But I'll tell you a fashion that I don't like and that's the "never worn baseball cap" fashion. You know the one where the cap is straight as can be and looks like it was just pulled off a shelf. Many times still has the tag on it. That one I don't like.

Old 10-08-2012, 04:15 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,954,459 times
I detest this look. Who in their right mind wants to shuffle along while using one hand to hold up their pants? It makes no sense to me.

Old 10-08-2012, 04:20 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,295,393 times
Ugly, Ugly, silly, foolish, em bare assing, ugly, ugly, ugly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty