Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2023, 09:05 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,584,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Care to post some links to your videos and safe/clean products?
I think that most of us on this forum would like to know.. Oh, with the prices, please

Tbh, I get vibes in City Data that the women here are a lot older & not interested because I have talked about some of the makeup products or fashion & fitness topics from my channel in other threads. Their reactions haven’t been good. AND, I have been told in the past it’s against the rules to advertise or put a link to it so I never did. Is that true? Anyway…now I’d like to keep it private & separate because of my experience. It’s why I’m not here much anymore. My husband would probably appreciate that too.

Thank you Nina.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2023, 09:21 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,462,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Tbh, I get vibes in City Data that the women here are a lot older & not interested because I have talked about some of the makeup products or fashion & fitness topics from my channel in other threads. Their reactions haven’t been good.
People can vary in their reactions on a forum. I have always enjoyed your posts and wondered where you were. Everytime I come across an article about Paige Spiranac, I think of you.

Old 02-13-2023, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navyshow View Post
People can vary in their reactions on a forum. I have always enjoyed your posts and wondered where you were. Everytime I come across an article about Paige Spiranac, I think of you.

I know they will vary, but my channel & Insta are like 90 or 95% positive. It’s maybe 95% NEGATIVE here on a good day. Thank you tho. I’m super surprised anybody remembers my post about Paige Spiranac.

Old 02-13-2023, 09:50 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,462,161 times
Quote:
I know they will vary, but my channel & Insta are like 90 or 95% positive. It’s maybe 95% NEGATIVE here on a good day. Thank you tho. I’m super surprised anybody remembers my post about Paige Spiranac.
lolol! Same reasons I seldom post in the exercise forum. I posted a leg workout once that was a popular growth workout and got slammed by a number of people and thought "forget it, no more workout ideas here." So I only post observation comments there or something that I think might be funny.

Yes I remember your husband's friends thinking you looked like Paige Spiranac. Your honeymoon setbacks because of the pandemic... that you had a channel, work for a plastic surgeon and have lots of good feedback.

Old 02-13-2023, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navyshow View Post
Yes I remember your husband's friends thinking you looked like Paige Spiranac. Your honeymoon setbacks because of the pandemic...

Mhm…it was in a celebrity look alike thread, if you can call her a celebrity but I don’t play golf like they do. Our honeymoon was fabulous but our wedding did get all turned around & delayed because of the pandemic. It was different than planned but super amazing.

BUT…my posts in Fashion & Beauty don’t really fit ppl in City Data. They are older & a lot of them don’t wear makeup at all so they don’t care about clean cosmetics or care they are available here just like in Europe. And most don’t like to talk about fashion trends or beauty tips either. I see now it’s not the right place to discuss it or about weddings, possible pregnancy or anything like that.

Old 02-20-2023, 10:06 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,324,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
I thought this was a disconcerting comparison.

The Dirt on Clean Beauty
More and more products promise “clean beauty,” along with plumper lips and fewer wrinkles. But what does that actually mean?

Currently, the European Union bans more than 1,300 ingredients from use in cosmetics.
In the United States, the Food and Drug Administration bans 11 cosmetic ingredients.
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/04/s...an-beauty.html
And they promote "rich", cheap, bulk food, so people buy so much and eat so much. When people gain and gain and gain weight, and everybody becomes 200, 300... 500 lbs, and that's normal; no matter how much makeup to put on, they still don't look good. People live "big" and create piles/tons of garbage everyday. This is America or North America.

Old 02-24-2023, 09:35 AM

15,639 posts, read 26,270,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orbiter View Post
I thought this topic was so familiar!
From two years ago, ......
https://www.city-data.com/forum/57181686-post1.html
Yes. I pretty much anything with talc is going to have trace amounts of asbestos. Because it’s one of those minerals that is in coexistence with asbestos. That’s why the whole cancer/baby powder lawsuit went through.

Like that old song love and marriage — you can’t have one without the other.

Old 03-02-2023, 10:55 PM

24,124 posts, read 32,498,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
They most likely are safer, because, contrary to the US - they are regulated.
People are very fussy about toxins.
That's probably why you don't see much of US cosmetics (or food) there, and what is actually imported from the US must comply with EU regulations.

The main difference:
Firms importing products considered to be cosmetics in the United States are not required to register with FDA, and a registration number is not required for importing cosmetics into this country. Neither the law nor FDA regulations require specific tests to demonstrate the safety of individual products or ingredients.

All cosmetic products sold in the EU have to be produced according to the good manufacturing practice (GMP). GMP requires that very batch of cosmetic products is tested for microbiological, physical and chemical properties in order to ensure safety and quality of each batch.

Same with supplements.

It's a Wild Wild West here...

BTW: US fabrics and clothes/shoes etc. loaded in toxins are banned from EU market too.
It applies to pretty much everything else too.
They do take care of their citizens health.
I look for products from the EU for these reasons. They are more strictly regulated. I am fussy about toxins.

I do the same with food products. I trust those from the EU more than those from the US. Many people prefer cosmetics, fragrance, and food that is from the EU. I am selective about what I put in, on, or near my body.

Old 03-03-2023, 02:27 AM

61,743 posts, read 87,194,708 times
^^^ Totally agree with you!
I bring all my cosmetics from overseas.
If l really need to buy something here, I rather look for Korean made.
Korean skincare products have long been coveted for their high quality and effectiveness.

Old 03-24-2023, 04:51 PM

1,706 posts, read 1,155,264 times
Quote:
Tbh, I get vibes in City Data that the women here are a lot older & not interested because I have talked about some of the makeup products or fashion & fitness topics from my channel in other threads. Their reactions haven’t been good. AND, I have been told in the past it’s against the rules to advertise or put a link to it so I never did. Is that true? Anyway…now I’d like to keep it private & separate because of my experience. It’s why I’m not here much anymore. My husband would probably appreciate that too.

Thank you Nina.
I hope you will continue to post here.

A French co-worker of mine told me a lot of European cosmetic companies don't have to deal with the FDA (like anyone selling cosmetics in the United States has to get approval from them first...) French skincare has always been ahead of North American skincare, since French culture doesn't demonize women for wanting to look femme.

Any beauty product formulated for someone of mainly European descent will probably work more ideally for that person. Ask any esthetician.

IIRC there was a sunscreen in Europe that was banned in North America but it was considered perfectly safe by any European purchasers. In these cases tracking down a scientific answer is crucial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty