Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 11:51 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,964,222 times

Advertisements

I started wearing heels just to church when I was 14 or 15 years old. When I started working I always worked in 3" heels. I never had any problems with the 3" stilettos.

They look so good. Of course the medical profession says they are not good for you. The height of the heels thrust your female organs out of whack somehow or other. But what's a few organs out of whack compared to looking good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2008, 05:19 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,385,004 times
I started wearing heels when I got my first cowboy boots at the age of 13 and can't imagine a life without high heels.

Walking in heels always depends on my mood tho and also on the width of the heels. I have thong sandals with 4 inch wedge heels, sling stilettos, sandals, thigh high suede boots and I just love them all.
It didn't take long to learn to walk in them but sometimes I just need a pair of sneakers or sexy flat thong sandals.

But you shouldn't stop trying. He was just a man you didn't know so who cares? And every woman may twist her foot in heels...

Old 07-08-2008, 07:03 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,450,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
I started wearing heels just to church when I was 14 or 15 years old. When I started working I always worked in 3" heels. I never had any problems with the 3" stilettos.

They look so good. Of course the medical profession says they are not good for you. The height of the heels thrust your female organs out of whack somehow or other. But what's a few organs out of whack compared to looking good.
Actually, my podiatrist recommends that I wear heels because I have low arches. Of course he's thinking 1-2 inch chunky heels and not 4 inch stilettos. I think women with tilted uteruses are told to wear heels as well.

Old 07-11-2008, 04:54 PM

33 posts, read 134,146 times
i had my first pair of heels in first grade and have worn them at least once a week to church ever since, if not more durring the week. i have always found that the lower the heel the more difficult to walk in (maybe im just weird) you might want to try a pair a little over 2 inches or a pair of kitten heels (feel like flats, look like heels)the important thing is to get a pair of stable heels, dont try stilletos (or sling-backs, i still cant walk in them i i would live in heels if i could!) on your first go in heels, try something like these that would be pretty hard to fall off of:
Rack Room Shoes then work your way up to the sexy stilletto

even if you find you dont like wearing heels, dont worry there are sooo many cute flats out there!

Old 07-12-2008, 12:59 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,120,957 times
I was 12 and just dying to be all grown up. LOL
I love heels for dress up occasions because I'm short, but for everyday I'm guilty of constanly wearing flip flops.
I noticed a few posters have suggested a wedge. Chinese Laundry and Steve Madden both design really sexy wedge type sandals. I have a pair of American Eagle 4" wedge sandals that I could probably run a marathon in (that is if I could actually run 26 miles without needing oxygen!) .

Old 07-12-2008, 05:12 AM

15,859 posts, read 21,431,910 times
I'm glad I don't have this pathology in needing to wear heels. :P Starting at 12 or 13? Honestly, that's just as bad as the sweats with "cute" on the butt for kids! I got my first pair of heels in high school. My mom NEVER wears heels so I bought them on my own and only wear them a few times a year.

Personally, I have a chronic ankle sprain and that ankle never really regains it's full strength before I hurt it again, so wearing heels are just tempting it. :P I don't think heels look all that attractive either in most day to day activities. Flats accomplish all I need.

Old 07-15-2008, 09:27 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,530,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilamx View Post
Just a short, informal questionnaire: How old were you when you first starting using heels? Was it difficult or did you catch on it quick? How long before you were walking perfectly in them?

I'm asking this because I'm 21 and just started wearing them, they're not even that high (only 1.5 inch) but I've never worn heels before so it was very awkward. Before going out, I practiced a bit in the house, so I wouldn't make a fool of myself . But it was still very awkward and wierd, I'm sure everybody could tell I was new to them. At the end of the night I was feeling pretty good, and as I was walking down this corridor, I saw this really hot guy walking the opposite way (towards me). I straightened myself up, looked straight ahead and held my head up high, and right when he was in front of me, I twisted my foot! How embarrassing!! Needless to say I'm hesitant about wearing heels again.
I was in the 7th grade when I wore my first pair of high heels.

I caught on quick, but it took a while to take longer strides.

I was walking in them perfectly by high school and in my early 20's (I could almost jog in them for a short distance nowadays!).

Old 07-15-2008, 09:29 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,530,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
Actually, my podiatrist recommends that I wear heels because I have low arches. Of course he's thinking 1-2 inch chunky heels and not 4 inch stilettos. I think women with tilted uteruses are told to wear heels as well.
Yeah, I mostly wear the chunky heels. I only wear my 1 pair of stilettos for my birthday or New Year's.

The chunky ones I can wear all day and have no discomfort. I can wear them to the supermarket, at the bar/pub, and etc.

Old 07-15-2008, 07:07 PM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,158,197 times
I've been able to wear heels well. I can do high heeled boots with a chunky heel, but not stiletto heels or high heeled shoes or sandals. Plus the balls of my feet are lacking in padding. Just looking at women wearing high heels makes my feet cringe. lol

I live in socks and sneakers and my feet look just like they did in high school!

Old 07-16-2008, 07:25 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,043,047 times
I sold shoes in an upscale shoe store for several years. If you had the opportunity to see the feet that I saw on a day to day basis - and hear all of the high heel shoe stories I heard from older ladies who now have hammer toes and bunions... you would never feel the same about wearing high heels again.

There are nerves in your feet that effect your head, your back... you name it.

Once your feet are gone, they're gone. And I can imagine almost nothing worse than living with chronic aching feet!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty