Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2009, 06:46 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,950,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastwood View Post
The sound they make is so disgusting and annoying; even the Bible talks about the slap-slap of sandals and how they are only worn by whores! Ha ha, if only the wearers knew that.
This wearer doesn't give a rat's hairy behind what the Bible says. Now that I know this little tidbit, I'm ratcheting up my flip-flop wearing with special emphasis on Sundays, Easter and Chri$tmas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2009, 07:10 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,041,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
This wearer doesn't give a rat's hairy behind what the Bible says. Now that I know this little tidbit, I'm ratcheting up my flip-flop wearing with special emphasis on Sundays, Easter and Chri$tmas.
Me too!!!

Flip flops and a thong bikini - my standard church attire!

Old 08-03-2009, 07:23 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,902,551 times
Default Jesus Sandals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towhee View Post
Jesus's sandals were fastened on. Mark 1:7, Luke 3:16, John 1:27
They mention a thong. And a latchet. The back sole can still make sounds if the strap only wraps around the ankle...I had a boyfriend once with sandals that did make flapping sounds, despite the leather truss. Is there an ancient drawing of these Jesus sandals ?

Old 08-03-2009, 07:34 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,950,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Me too!!!

Flip flops and a thong bikini - my standard church attire!
Hey! Mine too! Let's trade outfits!

Old 08-03-2009, 07:44 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,534,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastwood View Post
The sound they make is so disgusting and annoying; even the Bible talks about the slap-slap of sandals and how they are only worn by whores! Ha ha, if only the wearers knew that.
Does it really? references please, saying things can be found in the bible doesn't mean it is factual.

And even if it does, who cares, what ever the bible is based on, it is old book full of old thinking, from a very different time.

And finally, did you read that before you submitted it? It really sounds like something one would expect to hear as a Junior High student groped to insult another.

Old 08-03-2009, 07:50 PM

28 posts, read 110,900 times
Looking up as you walk will keep you from falling, also keep one from noticing dang flip flops. Live and let live. I can wear them because I have broken both feet in the past. Other wise I would wear them and hope to run into you.

Would you walk up to me and say, "Why do you wear those kind of shoes?"

Old 08-04-2009, 09:51 AM

3 posts, read 5,094 times
Default flip flops

I AGREE!!!! I thought I was the only one on planet earth! Ahh, there is no experience quite like walking down an aisle at walmart with the sound of flip flops and a screaming kid behind me! I dont even know how people can wear those things without them falling off. I havent owned a pair since military boot camp about a thousand years ago. We had to have them then and they had to be spit shined. (kidding) But thats where I first discovered my disdain for them and my inability to walk in them without them flying off with every step! Walking just doesn't feel right without a solid heel hitting the ground and the feeling of something wrapping around my ankle. And I would never dream of putting innocent strangers through the trauma of seeing my ugly white boney feet!! Whewh! thanks for letting me vent. That was building up for a long time!

Old 08-04-2009, 09:58 AM

27,347 posts, read 27,400,159 times
Heck I live in Calif and they are everywhere. Regardless, yeah, there may be some sloppy ones out there, but there are some really pretty ones too.
My question is....those who wear sock with sandals???

Old 08-04-2009, 10:10 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,744,493 times
I cannot get over the fact that someone gets so upset over what someone else wears. Must be nice to be so very perfect.

I am guessing we have a troll here.
BTW where is Eastwood. Guess he/she couldn't back up their statement.

Old 08-04-2009, 10:12 AM

2,543 posts, read 4,886,821 times
I only have 2 pairs of flip-flops, but I only wear them to the pool or to the beach.

And I wear sandals all the time, but sandals are appropriate anywhere, in my opinion.

I would never wear boots in the summer time. It's just too hot to wear them. And I do wear sneakers in the summer also, but mainly when I go jogging or take long walks for exercise.

I'm a Christian, but not radical. I believe you can wear anything you want to wear when you are in church. You're there to worship and praise God and Jesus Christ, it's not a damn pageant, fashion show, wedding, or anything like that. I can't see why people wear those 3-piece suits or heavy ass dresses! Shooo! It's too damn hot to be wearing that...

If I had my own church (which if I did, it would be by the beach), people could come in their swimsuits, flip-flops, and whatever. You're by the beach, for God's sake!!! Who cares!!??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty