Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 08:35 AM

197 posts, read 734,726 times

Advertisements

I don't consider myself 'attractive' by any means. And, it's WORSE for me than it might be for others, because I'm transgendered and am transitioning from male to female. Just about any FtM could have any of the above listed things and fit right in with the rest of the guys in society. Not so for MtF's. Before I can ever hope to 'pass' (not gas, I can rip some long loud ones It seemed they never wanted to do the dirty work, and would be better suited as managers, lol) as a female I am going to have to have the following:

* cranio-facial surgery (to realign my jaws, bring the lower one forward and possibly have some other work done to one side of my face)

* chin a
ugmentation (implant), unless moving my lower jaw forward enough fixes that problem

* rhinoplasty, my nose is 'too strong' for a female, too bulbous at the end, and I need the 'hump' removed from the bridge of the nose

* brow shaving, males typically have a bony area above the eyebrows that females typically do not have.

* full-lace wig system, i have lost some hair due to balding, that can not be regrown. It will be cheaper for me to just wear a high quality human hair system, then to fork over tens of thousands of dollars for a hair transplant that would leave scars and not be all that effective.

Having said that, I've known some 'trannies' that were far uglier than I, but still .... usually I have to just go out in the public as an ugly guy just to appear natural, and that sucks.

And, don't even get me started on my flip flops. I need to go on another 3-to-6 momth dosage of Lamisil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2008, 10:21 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,027,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
This is a spin-off from the flip flop thread. I'm still trying to figure out what the difference is between wearing flip flops and/or sandals or heels that are open toed. They all make that smacking sound when you walk and they all show your feet. If you go to any shoe store and look at the women's shoes for summer, almost 90 percent, give or take, are either open toed or strappy shoes, barely covering the feet.

WARNING: The below is sarcasm and not meant to be taken seriously

So, if you can't stand looking at someone's feet, how do you view all the other unslightly things you have to see on a daily basis.

Overweight people
Skinny people
big butts
people with no butt
big boobs
flat chests
man boobs
fat bellies hanging over the pants
back fat poking out
people who attempt to shove 10 pounds of sugar into a 5 pound bag
big noses
noses that are too small or just plain ugly
ugly lips
missing teeth or screwed up teeth
tattoos
piercings
cellulite
stretch marks
hairy legs or moustaches on women
hair that you think is ugly
short hair that you think is ugly
long hair that you think is ugly
too much make-up or not enough make-up
people with acne
greasy hair
dirty crusty elbows
unkempt nails with dirt in them

Did I miss anything

So I guess the only people who can complain about any of these things are those that are perfect from head to toe
Okay, I'm just gonna go through the list and highlight the categories I fall into and let you guys decide. If you think I should stay in, let me know. If I need to go out, should I wear a bag over my face? let me know that too. Your cooperation is much appreciated!

Old 10-29-2008, 03:51 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,294,923 times
What I can't stand is looking at a pair of calloused, crusty, cracked feet. In most cases they look as though the owner has never heard of a pumice stone. I don't get pedicures but I've been scubbing mine all my life. One of my friends told me I have "baby feet". I don't, but I like to wear sandles and flip-flips during the summer a lot, so I take care of them.

Old 10-29-2008, 04:07 PM

485 posts, read 1,313,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
Overweight people - I dont notice them. Or rather, I avoid looking at them.
Skinny people - See overweight people above.
big butts - Are we talking "big" butts (J-Lo, Kim Kardashian) if so those are nice; or are we talking about "fat" butts (Gilbert Grapes Mom, Mandisa) if so then I try to avoid those.
people with no butt - This is worse than having a big butt. Yuck.
big boobs - Not a fan of the big big boobs especially if they are fake.
flat chests - I actually think this is sexier than fake boobs.
man boobs - I try not to pay attention to "Mr. Cholesterols" walking heart attack time bombs.
fat bellies hanging over the pants - This is sad really.
back fat poking out - pot backs as opposed to Pot Bellys. I usually urge these folks to hit the gym.
people who attempt to shove 10 pounds of sugar into a 5 pound bag - LOL
big noses - I dont mind big noses. Just dont have hair poking out like a spiders legs waiting for prey.
noses that are too small or just plain ugly - Dont look at them.
ugly lips - Like Lisa Rinnas lips. Id rather ugly lips than someone with NO lips.
missing teeth or screwed up teeth - Id prefer someone with no teeth over someone with teeth so crooked it looks like they are growing antlers in their mouths. If a person is so "Bucked Toothed" that they can eat corn on the cob through a picket fence then thats sad as well.
tattoos - Mark of the ***** tats, script writing tats, peoples names or initials, or mish mosh of various tattoos are just plain ugly, gross, unsightly, trashy and low class. But if she has one full back tattoo with colors and intricate detail that she probably paid $4000 for then that IS acceptable.
piercings - Ears only are acceptable. Nose only if you are Indian.
cellulite -Unacceptable in all situations. This is probably the most sickening to me. I urge these people to cover up their cottage cheese or do something about it.
stretch marks - See cellulite above. Also gross.
hairy legs or moustaches on women - Doesnt bother me. Armenian women are some of the most beautiful women you'll ever see and they usually sport a small "Flanders" type mustache.
hair that you think is ugly - As long as it is long, or you are stylish enough in your demeanor and fashion to pull off short hair.
short hair that you think is ugly - ugh.
long hair that you think is ugly - Is that possible? Oh, if its long braids then yeah, that is very unattractive.
too much make-up or not enough make-up - Some people need to cover up their entire face, and some should just show what they have.
people with acne
greasy hair - Ever notice that male Latin and ballroom dancers ALL have greasy hair? Gross.
dirty crusty elbows - I actually never notice anyones elbows.
unkempt nails with dirt in them - One of my pet peeves. Cant stand dirty nails. I also cant stand nails that are too long.

This pretty much sums up the entire... WORLD!

Old 10-29-2008, 05:39 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,602,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Okay, I'm just gonna go through the list and highlight the categories I fall into and let you guys decide. If you think I should stay in, let me know. If I need to go out, should I wear a bag over my face? let me know that too. Your cooperation is much appreciated!
Twinkle, life must be tough being you!!! Big boobs, long hair and make-up! Now go get that bag and don't even think about wearing those offensive flip flops with it either

Old 10-29-2008, 05:55 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,027,811 times
I know, huh! Loud-azz flip flops - and maybe I'll smack my gum while I'm at it!

Old 11-02-2008, 12:49 PM

809 posts, read 2,883,926 times
ya know...... I USE to NEVER leave my house unless I had makeup on.... cuz I was PETRIFIED of what people would think of me not done up..... (mind you this was when I was like 16 and going thru my awkward stage).....

I'm 25 now and could GIVE a darn what people think! Some days I don't even do my eye makeup for work! (but still put on some concealer and blush so I don't look like you could connect the dots on my face :P)

Old 11-02-2008, 01:29 PM

4,627 posts, read 10,469,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesbabe View Post
What I can't stand is looking at a pair of calloused, crusty, cracked feet. In most cases they look as though the owner has never heard of a pumice stone. I don't get pedicures but I've been scubbing mine all my life. One of my friends told me I have "baby feet". I don't, but I like to wear sandles and flip-flips during the summer a lot, so I take care of them.
Awful - This is just gross...My dog's paws are nicer than some of those stinky, crust, cracked feet that parade around during the summer!

I'm hoping for a comeback in moo-moos - Stylin'!!!

Old 11-03-2008, 07:27 AM

41,951 posts, read 75,153,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaruFiend View Post
I'm 25 now and could GIVE a darn what people think!
Good for you! I wish I would have developed that skill much earlier than I did.

Old 10-20-2010, 09:58 PM

1 posts, read 2,183 times
I am ugly as well but I have this ex-boyfriend who is 64 (I'm 41 yrs old), but he just wants us to have a physical relationship. I've said okay to this because I know now that at my age, and with my ugliness, I won't ever have a boyfriend or husband. THis man is my closest thing to having a boyfriend. (can't say I blame him either for not wanting more). My picture is not attached for viewing because I don't want anyone vomiting once they see my face. The only thing that's good in my life now is going to university. But I only go to my classes and then back home because no poor soul should have to look at my face longer than they have to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty