Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2009, 06:37 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,353,419 times

Advertisements

I have been working on starting my own clothing line now for 2.5 years. I have been to score, and my local SBA office. I took a class on building a business plan. I am an artist and have several designs that are ready to be applied to various styles of clothing. I do not wish to use someone elses clothing to put my art on. I am looking for USA clothing manufacturers for he following items:

shirts (s/s and sleeveless
Jeans
Polo's
Button-down shirts
thermal shirts
hoodies
hats (trucker and fitted)
tanks (men and women styles
2fes (thermal with tshirt attached
sunglasses

the manufacturers need to be local to the USA. I am not looking to waste my time with customs and language barriers. I need the manufacturers to be able to do runs of 500 - 1000 pieces. I am looking for unique styles and I feel it would be an insult to my art to place it on stuff from hanes, altstyle, and other major pre-made products.

I want to have input from square one of the design process. I know I am looking to spend some money on this so that is fine, I already understand this.

I recently got a few shirts printed with my designs and luckily it was a small run. I ended up having to sell them for $10 each becasue of the quality. They looked like shirts you would buy at wal-mart(no offense). I have looked at American apparel and article 1's stuff but i would rather have them custom made.

Please if you have any info on clothing manufacturers that would be great, remember USA only.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2010, 09:14 AM

8 posts, read 18,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fractured_kidult View Post
I have been working on starting my own clothing line now for 2.5 years. I have been to score, and my local SBA office. I took a class on building a business plan. I am an artist and have several designs that are ready to be applied to various styles of clothing. I do not wish to use someone elses clothing to put my art on. I am looking for USA clothing manufacturers for he following items:

shirts (s/s and sleeveless
Jeans
Polo's
Button-down shirts
thermal shirts
hoodies
hats (trucker and fitted)
tanks (men and women styles
2fes (thermal with tshirt attached
sunglasses

the manufacturers need to be local to the USA. I am not looking to waste my time with customs and language barriers. I need the manufacturers to be able to do runs of 500 - 1000 pieces. I am looking for unique styles and I feel it would be an insult to my art to place it on stuff from hanes, altstyle, and other major pre-made products.

I want to have input from square one of the design process. I know I am looking to spend some money on this so that is fine, I already understand this.

I recently got a few shirts printed with my designs and luckily it was a small run. I ended up having to sell them for $10 each becasue of the quality. They looked like shirts you would buy at wal-mart(no offense). I have looked at American apparel and article 1's stuff but i would rather have them custom made.

Please if you have any info on clothing manufacturers that would be great, remember USA only.
Hi, i have no info about it but i can pray for you...May god bless you.All the best.

Old 12-22-2010, 10:42 AM

19,723 posts, read 20,250,128 times
I wish I could afford to do this with my art...

That is so cool, I admire you for giving this a shot!

Old 12-22-2010, 10:56 AM

1,031 posts, read 2,448,034 times
American Apparel is going to be your best bet if you're completely opposed to buying products from overseas; they offer bulk discounts so you won't pay an arm and a leg for the materials. It will be incredibly costly to create "custom basics" within the US unless you know someone personally who is willing to offer you a price cut. If you're devoted to creating custom clothing in the US rather than buying bulk, you may have to pound the pavement in L.A. and make some deals face-to-face.

Old 01-03-2011, 11:42 PM

230 posts, read 621,749 times
You're looking for custom-made clothing? You're not going to find any other place in the United States with better technology than American Apparel. Your other option is to go directly to a mill to source raw material (there are few remaining mills and majority of them are in the South) and than rent out space in a factory to produce goods. How much capital are you looking to invest in your project?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty