Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 12:33 AM

5,193 posts, read 5,764,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I don't wear cologne or aftershave. I don't see the point. (I also don't wear deodorant.)
Ohhh boy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2009, 06:00 AM

5,064 posts, read 15,902,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
There is this one kind of perfume. I don't know what it's called but a lot of women wear it. It smells just like an insecticide to me and I really feel ill whenever I smell it.
Chanel No. 5 has that exact effect on me. I just don't get the appeal. I agree that the person wearing the perfume likely doesn't smell it like those around them do. At the gym where I work out, there is a woman who reeks so badly of perfume I get a headache. Why in the world would you wear perfume to a gym? She also wears high-heeled sneakers, (wedge-type) fake eyelashes, heavy make-up, lipstick etc. to the classes...

When I wear perfume, I just spray once lightly into the air, and walk through it. My dh finds it hilarious, but it covers me overall without saturating me.

Old 11-10-2009, 07:38 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,628,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
I like wearing scent myself and I usually wear obsession. If I am using it every day a bottle lasts close to a year and my wife still complains that I have too much on at times.

ROFL! To be fair, Obsession is a VERY heavy musky scent and a little goes a LONG way, lol.

I agree with you guys, too many people bathe in their scent, and offend everyone's senses around them, while constantly complaining about cigarette smoke or pollution or anything else, lol.

I guess their Momma didn't teach them to spray in the air then walk through it huh?

Old 11-24-2009, 11:50 PM

127 posts, read 312,178 times
Women just don't get it! Wearing heavy perfume is nauseating and cheap. If you're going to wear perfume, the correct way to wear it is if another person can only smell it if they are hugging you or standing very, very close. That truly makes it "your" scent. (I'm a woman).

Old 11-25-2009, 09:54 AM

1,289 posts, read 2,720,979 times
Ugh! I work in retail and there have been many many occasions where people came into the store so saturated in perfume or cologne that they could be smelled all the way on the other end of the store, and then smelled the place up even after they left! Ridiculous!

I especially hate it because once those people enter the store I usually start sneezing uncontrollably.

Old 12-02-2009, 01:15 AM

3,424 posts, read 5,976,319 times
Ive always liked scents and colognes. I may be bathing in it, maybe not...who knows, and who cares --- I would much rather smell a perfume fragrance or soap than someone's hairspray, bologna breath, or their foot/body odor. But oh well, imo if others dont like smelling cologne, they can wear an oxygen tank or choose not to wear any. Or maybe they can find a pretty good deal on clothe pins at walmart.

Last edited by solytaire; 12-02-2009 at 01:23 AM..

Old 12-02-2009, 07:47 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,171,483 times
Perfume in moderation can smell great, but when you are using so much that your stink can be smelled for half an hour after you've left.... that's ridiculous. Are you trying to hide that you've not taken a real shower for the past week? The oxygen mask idea is a little silly, ya think? Why should people have to spend a couple hundred on a mask, tank, carrier - when they really don't need it, anyways - just because somebody wants to take a shower in perfume?

As for a perfume of my choice - Escada's Sunseat Heat. Got a free sample at the NEX a few years back and loved the scent. For special occasions, one itsy-bitsy spritz on one wrist and rub it into the other and I'm good. ((I don't spray until I can smell it, just one spritz is more than enough))

Old 12-02-2009, 07:55 AM

1,419 posts, read 2,455,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
If you ever want to really vomit, smell White Diamonds. UGH!!!
Lol. That is one of the worst smelling perfumes out there!! I hate that one. What was Elizabeth Taylor thinking??

Old 12-02-2009, 07:56 AM

1,419 posts, read 2,455,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita Mordio View Post
Perfume in moderation can smell great, but when you are using so much that your stink can be smelled for half an hour after you've left.... that's ridiculous. Are you trying to hide that you've not taken a real shower for the past week? The oxygen mask idea is a little silly, ya think? Why should people have to spend a couple hundred on a mask, tank, carrier - when they really don't need it, anyways - just because somebody wants to take a shower in perfume?

As for a perfume of my choice - Escada's Sunseat Heat. Got a free sample at the NEX a few years back and loved the scent. For special occasions, one itsy-bitsy spritz on one wrist and rub it into the other and I'm good. ((I don't spray until I can smell it, just one spritz is more than enough))
Oh I love the Sunset Heat perfume its great I ran out last year. My favorite is Ralph by Ralph Lauren or Vera Wang Princess or Vera Wang Rock Princess.

Old 12-02-2009, 08:02 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,264,921 times
I have been looking into perfume lately because its a fun cheap beauty treat. Little minis and sample sizes here:
http://www.fragrancenet.com/echo-wom...set=iso-8859-1

I noticed they label them as day or night use etc.

recent yahoo article on hated scents:
13 Perfumes Our Readers Can't Stand - Fashion + Beauty on Shine (http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/beauty/13-perfumes-our-readers-cant-stand-549604/;_ylt=AqV1kGmXim9jFWfgNHY0hhRabqU5 - broken link)

I don't like how they call some of the perfumes "old lady" I like "mature". Saying old lady seems like such an insult and they don't call young ones "stupid kids" lol
I love the "grandma in the woods" one by YSL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty