Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 07:14 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,692,080 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie100 View Post
Exactly and digital pictures are more PRECISE than mirrors. For example, for a long time I used to wear blue-based cool pink blushes on my cheeks and it looked fine in the mirror but after studying pics of myself in-depth I found that those colors are NOT flattering on me at all and that warm peachy hues suit me MUCH better since I have a warm skintone with yellow undertones.

The camera captures everything better, like if you didn't do your eyeliner right or if your brows uneven. Sometimes you don't see these things when looking in the mirror.
I have to agree.... there is a shade of lipstick I have been carrying in my collection for 10+ years. It was one of my stapes. But then thanks to the pictures I realized it really looked quite terrible on me. To think how many more years I might have walked around looking like that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2010, 07:17 PM

1,215 posts, read 2,964,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onglet39 View Post
I have to agree.... there is a shade of lipstick I have been carrying in my collection for 10+ years. It was one of my stapes. But then thanks to the pictures I realized it really looked quite terrible on me. To think how many more years I might have walked around looking like that!
Finally you agree with ONE thing I say! lol

I used to wear this color called Scanty by MAC, its now discontinued. I used to think it was a hot color and also because I read that model Jessica Burciaga said it was one of her favorite lipsticks. After looking at pics I realized it was way too bright for my pale skin and not flattering on me at ALL. Now I am truly embarrassed that I walked around looking like that.

Old 03-30-2010, 07:21 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,692,080 times
Quote:
Finally you agree with ONE thing I say! lol

I used to wear this color called Scanty by MAC, its now discontinued. I used to think it was a hot color and also because I read that model Jessica Burciaga said it was one of her favorite lipsticks. After looking at pics I realized it was way too bright for my pale skin and not flattering on me at ALL. Now I am truly embarrassed that I walked around looking like that.
You are just only finally making any sense tonight!

Old 03-30-2010, 07:22 PM

20,736 posts, read 19,408,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorrans View Post
Its one thing to feel good about oneself. Everyone does. I can stay indoors all week, but I will still take showers and have a shave to feel good about myself and feel comfortable. But I will not sit here and blatantly lie like you do. When I dress up and make myself look good I do it for 2 reasons. One, as you said to make myself feel good and comfortable and two, to impress and attract the opposite sex.

You're a very attention seeking type of girl. I absolutely refuse to believe the rubbish you spout. I know the type of girl you. Very self-conceited and stuck-up. You love attention from men and you love competing with women about it. You're not gonna convince anyone with your half-arsed argument.

Hi Dorrans,

Lets put it this way. The female algorithm to attract does not always run consciously. Hedge rows don't think about their thorns.

Old 03-30-2010, 09:17 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,403,419 times
Quote:
oh? Then how come there were many times I put makeup on and then just washed it off and went to sleep? Without posting pics of myself anywhere? Who was I trying to impress then? Please DO TELL.
Nah...you just did it so you can look at yourself in the mirror in different angles and reassure yourself that you are still beautiful at 31.
"Yep, still got it. Now, I can go back to bed."

Old 03-30-2010, 09:34 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,253,043 times
I need to deliver a message for a friend.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3221/...85fb28eda3.jpg

Old 03-30-2010, 09:37 PM

10,180 posts, read 20,811,916 times
Quote:
Well, I just wanted to share that personally I OFTEN stay home on Saturday nights and Friday nights and put makeup on without plans to go ANYWHERE, just for fun and then I take photos of myself!
Reminds me of that serial killer from Silence of the Lambs, Buffalo Bob..."put the lotion in the basket"!

You don't have a deep well dug in the middle of your basement do you?

Old 03-30-2010, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I need to deliver a message for a friend.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3221/...85fb28eda3.jpg
And what's this supposed to mean?

I don't know why you think what I wrote is so unusual. It's very common to do makeup and take pics. Do a search in google for "makeup FOTD" or "MAC FOTD" or "NARS FOTD". See for yourself.

Old 03-30-2010, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Reminds me of that serial killer from Silence of the Lambs, Buffalo Bob..."put the lotion in the basket"!

You don't have a deep well dug in the middle of your basement do you?
Why would I? I only exert energy if it improves my appearance. I'm not an outdoorsy type of person.

Old 03-30-2010, 09:39 PM

10,180 posts, read 20,811,916 times
Never mind, my failed attempt at humor didn't land. You'd have to see the movie to understand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty