Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2010, 03:49 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,635,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
I don't have any tatoos nor do I ever plan to. I don't think that makes me special in anyway, just personal choice.

It would make me special if every other dork on the planet is all inked up but me. Then I would be special, because my skin would look like a virgin to their skin and their tat needles.

Some people have discrete little tats that aren't readily noticable. But some people have tats on their fool head, their knuckles, all up their arm,neck, etc. Some folks have a tear drop near their eye. I've heard of people who have tried to get tats on their eyeballs, junk, I would suppose the lips, tongue, teeth and ear wouldn't be off limits.

For some people, it's a fashon statement. To others, it's a creed. To yet others, it shows that you belong to someone else or to some cause. To yet others, it's just another addiction.

I'm free, so I don't need one, nor do I want one. As a person without one speaking of folks who do have one or will maybe get one, choose wisely and think twice about getting your whole arm and face tatted up. The liver can only take so much abuse. Be careful of the Hep C. It's not cool to be "Hep". Are you Hep?
Regarding Hep C, there is ZERO risk of transmission if you go to a reputable artist and use a separate, brand new sterilized needle with each person. I myself have never once gone to an artist who didn't sit in front of the person being tattooed and show the new needle coming out of the new package (sterilized and pre packaged) and put into the machine.

Forum on Safe Sex and HIV Prevention: Tattoos and HIV/Hep C

Plus, it's just as likely to contract Hep C from a dentist/oral surgeons office than it is to get one from a tattoo in the same environment.

My dentist thinks I'm funny because I ask for the spore reports from his autoclave before he touches my teeth. I do the same for my tattoo artist. Be smart, and ALWAYS got to a clean, reputable artist that autoclaves his instruments, uses clean sterile, one use needles (NEVER AUTOCLAVE NEEDLES) and keeps everything pretty and clean. I really cannot say that enough.

Old 04-13-2010, 03:39 AM

5,419 posts, read 9,199,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
It does refer to tattoos, for whatever it's worth. The Maori and yakuza both believe in tattooing, but I don't belong to those groups.
While the fact that it was about tattoos may be relevant, you posted it without any other information/opinion/argument, and that made it irrelevant..

Old 04-13-2010, 01:16 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,668,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
While the fact that it was about tattoos may be relevant, you posted it without any other information/opinion/argument, and that made it irrelevant..
I am full of "useless trivia". It's trivia that is germane to the discussion, but I wasn't offering any opinion on it. Same with my Maori/yakuza statement--simple trivia.

Old 04-21-2010, 12:06 AM

3,387 posts, read 6,629,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalileoSmith View Post
Well, I consider it fashion because if it were 1975 you would not have gotten those tattooos. You got them because it has become a popular trend in society. That's pretty much my definition of fashion.
Actually, if it were 1975, I WOULD have gotten my tattoo.

Old 04-21-2010, 12:34 AM

Quote:
It does refer to tattoos, for whatever it's worth. The Maori and yakuza both believe in tattooing, but I don't belong to those groups.

But I AM Jewish and belong to that group, and your IGNORANT attempt at comparing Holocaust victims to someone willingly CHOOSING to tattoo their body just proves how simple minded and crazy you really are.

Old 04-21-2010, 02:54 AM

Well, did they want said tattoos?

I don't think so.

Old 04-21-2010, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Well, did they want said tattoos?

I don't think so.

Again, you are ignorant and insulting.

Old 04-21-2010, 11:55 AM

I'm sorry, but I'm not as ignorant as those who choose to get tattoos, when it's against their culture. Those who choose to get tattooed, when it was a badge of shame for their forefathers!

Never forget! But apparently you have.

Old 04-22-2010, 08:00 AM

112 posts, read 140,862 times
How can people call Tattoos ART? its Mutilation its burning the skin and leaves a SCAR if you want to get rid of it.

Old 04-22-2010, 09:21 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,208,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveyboyy View Post
How can people call Tattoos ART? its Mutilation its burning the skin and leaves a SCAR if you want to get rid of it.
Do you understand what art is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty