Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2010, 11:05 AM

1,391 posts, read 2,647,061 times

Advertisements

I don't really hate any of my tats, but I do regret the highly visible ones. I've already had a few doors of opportunity slam shut in my face because of conspicuous tats, and maybe this is just he pessimist/realist in me but I don't think I'm finished with the disappointments. Luckily, prices on laser surgery have come down a bit!

Old 04-22-2010, 11:08 AM

112 posts, read 140,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So brushing your teeth is also a form a body mutiliation....your removing your enamel if you brush to hard....
LOl how can u compare that? to something thats PERMANENT on your skin and only way of getting rid of it is to have a procedure that will leave a hideous Scar . Brushing your teeth is to keep good dental health and is beneficial to your health also enamel grows back.

what im saying is once you get a tattoo done thats.. theirs no going back its a permanent mutilation of the skin only way to get rid of it leaves a scar.

Old 04-22-2010, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Huh? Because I flinched and it caused a little bit of a scar that is less than 1/8" wide and 1/4" long all of a sudden I'm mutilating my body?

Sheesh, talk about overreacting. I'm glad you think it's ridiculous, nobody is forcing you to get one. Personally, I think run-on sentences, lack of punctuation, plus spelling and grammar errors are ridiculous, but that doesn't seem to bother you now does it?
Its just an online forum not an English essay.

All im saying is how can you NOT call it mutilation? when your doing something to your body thats tottaly ireversabile .. either your keep the tattoo forever or have it burnt off which leaves a Scar how is that not mutilation? Id also call Piercings mutilation.

Old 04-22-2010, 11:14 AM

46,302 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveyboyy View Post
LOl how can u compare that? to something thats PERMANENT on your skin and only way of getting rid of it is to have a procedure that will leave a hideous Scar . Brushing your teeth is to keep good dental health and is beneficial to your health also enamel grows back.

what im saying is once you get a tattoo done thats.. theirs no going back its a permanent mutilation of the skin only way to get rid of it leaves a scar.

What if you don't want to go back though....

I have 4 tats..2 on my left shoulder, 1 one my right....one around my ankle....I would never get rid of them...However, when i got them I knew to get them where they would not be seen even with a short sleeve shirt and when I show people or they see me they are amazed...just so you know, I am in a very visable Aviation job....

As for the tooth brush remark...I made that becasue you can use the wrong tooth brush (the hard style) and you can remove to much enamel that will not grow back and you can even damage your gums beyond repair....

Old 04-22-2010, 11:21 AM

Look im not getting at anyone with tattoos if they want them fine they can.. all im saying is it is mutilation/Damage to the Skin because its Ink isnt ? doesnt it burn that has to be causing damage to your body

Old 04-22-2010, 11:26 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,635,477 times
Quote:
Its just an online forum not an English essay.

All im saying is how can you NOT call it mutilation? when your doing something to your body thats tottaly ireversabile .. either your keep the tattoo forever or have it burnt off which leaves a Scar how is that not mutilation? Id also call Piercings mutilation.
You can call it mutilation if you want, but I don't consider my tattoos 'mutilation' because I actively sought them out and wanted them. I am not embarrassed by them, nor have I ever actively been ashamed of them. They are part of who I am, not something I hide.

The definition of 'mutilation' is to alter something as to make imperfect... considering I was never perfect before, I guess my tattoos (and piercings *gasp*) aren't mutilation

Old 04-22-2010, 11:28 AM

Quote:
What if you don't want to go back though....

I have 4 tats..2 on my left shoulder, 1 one my right....one around my ankle....I would never get rid of them...However, when i got them I knew to get them where they would not be seen even with a short sleeve shirt and when I show people or they see me they are amazed...just so you know, I am in a very visable Aviation job....

As for the tooth brush remark...I made that becasue you can use the wrong tooth brush (the hard style) and you can remove to much enamel that will not grow back and you can even damage your gums beyond repair....
Hi! I'm in aviation too, and I have a full sleeve and a half sleeve I've never had anything but compliments from our customers and coworkers.

Quote:
Look im not getting at anyone with tattoos if they want them fine they can.. all im saying is it is mutilation/Damage to the Skin because its Ink isnt ? doesnt it burn that has to be causing damage to your body
I thought I explained that earlier? The ink doesn't burn or destroy skin cells...

Old 04-22-2010, 11:28 AM

46,302 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
I'm not sure what you are asking?

Old 04-22-2010, 11:29 AM

Quote:
I'm not sure what you are asking?
He seems to think that tattoo ink burns and destroys cells.... which is entirely incorrect.

Old 04-22-2010, 11:31 AM

Im simply saying it is damaging the Natural Quality and balance of your skin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty