Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 09:38 PM

2 posts, read 73,132 times

Advertisements

:c rying::confu sed:[quote=Alexandria89fl;Hi my name is Alex and i have been getting a spread of discoloration spreading over my face and i dont no what it is.I've been getting it off and on since i was ten years old and over the years it been getting worse.I need help having it on my face makes me so self conscious of myself and is really giving me low self esteem.someone please tell what to do and a dermotologist is not an option dont have the funds to pay one and they dont take my insurance.Its become try and i have keep the area mosturized with lotion.:co nfused::t hink::cr ying: :c rying::cry ing:[/quote]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2013, 10:54 PM

692 posts, read 1,004,923 times
Quote:
Hi my name is Alex and i have been getting a spread of discoloration spreading over my face and i dont no what it is.I've been getting it off and on since i was ten years old and over the years it been getting worse.I need help having it on my face makes me so self conscious of myself and is really giving me low self esteem.someone please tell what to do and a dermotologist is not an option dont have the funds to pay one and they dont take my insurance.
The symptoms and how you feel sound like vitiligo. There is no cure, but there are prescription treatments that may or may not help. A dermatologist would be the person to diagnose it properly. Not sure if a general practitioner could, but if you can get into see one, it is worth a try.

Old 03-23-2013, 10:30 AM

521 posts, read 762,984 times
try a bleaching cream to even out the skin tone

Old 12-11-2013, 02:07 AM

1 posts, read 2,039 times
Hi girl omg I thought I was the only one with this wow I went to dermatologisy and had that mentioned abouy tinea vervicolorvtoo

Old 09-18-2014, 02:01 PM

1 posts, read 1,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraAletha View Post
Hello,
I'm not sure if anyone on this forum is familiar with my problem but if so... please chime in and respond!! I am a 35 year old african american female. I consider myself pretty good looking however I have this issue that has recently made me very self conscious!! I have tiny light spots on my cheeks. I've had them for many years but in the last few years they have become more and more noticeable. My mom would always tell me that I just have white freckles. This explanation was all I needed to get over my self consciousness years ago but now I need to find out how to get rid of them. They aren't large pigment discolorations just a lot of tiny light freckly like dots on my cheeks. If you have this, seen it, or know anything about this... PLEASE share!!

I use baking soda and sea breeze and this is the only thing that cleared my skin after 20 years of searching.
First I made a paste with baking soda and water and rub it in gently...then washed it off.. and cleaned my face with sea breeze and five days late my skin was clear.

Old 09-18-2014, 02:18 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,279,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
OK you all are talking about various forms of tinea versicolor, which is a fungus. On the face it is called tinea faciei. In black people, the skin loses it's color.

Tinea versicolor - PubMed Health

No need to pray, just keep it clean and apply antifungal cream or spray. (It is the same fungus as athlete's foot, which is called tinea pedis). Selsun blue, as previously mentioned, works as well.

It may be this or another form of it. White people have this too but it only really gets noticeable when tanning. No one i've ever known has been able to make it go away, sorry.

Also possibly vitaligo but it looks more like the small fungus spots.

Old 10-28-2014, 01:58 PM

1 posts, read 1,906 times
If this is, in fact, tinea faciei, then there is a quick and easy way to kill it! I am on a mission to help keep people with fungal infections from further suffering. I had a case of Athlete's Foot, Ringworm and Nail Fungus for the better part of 20 years (Yay Candida!) and recently succeeded in killing it all in just a few days using the protocols I found at byebyefungi . com. This guy's book changed my life and again IF it's tinea anydamnthing, I have yet to see a fungus it can't kill in less than a week! Well worth 12 bucks, that's for damn sure!

Old 07-29-2015, 04:57 AM

4 posts, read 4,197 times
I also am going thru the same situations.I am a 40 yr old African American female and I am having problems with light patches on my face. They are mostly on one side and only 1 on the other side. It also makes me feel self conscious and in need of some helpful remedies. Please help me.

Old 07-29-2015, 04:59 AM

4 posts, read 4,197 times
Having the very same problem.

Old 08-13-2015, 02:17 PM

334 posts, read 537,790 times
My sister has this. Fashion Fair makeup has some products to cover this. No one knows my sister has this issue when she covers it with her Fashion Fair makeup. It is very noticeable when she washes her face though.

I located a link to the product. Please read the description. It must be used with the setting powder. Her skin looks beautiful with it.

https://shop.fashionfair.com/Product...ode=COVER+TONE

Last edited by terraaus; 08-13-2015 at 02:30 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty