Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2019, 05:06 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,563,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
That is a huge turnoff. Dont like to have to hack my way through there to get at the goodies. Woolly mammoth. Looks like having Buckwheat in a scissor lock.
I doubt some women like dealing with a guys hairy rod either. Some probably could care less and go to town regardless.

I don’t care either way. When i started having sex most women did not shave as much as they do today. So I’m used to hairy beavers. I mean it doesn’t matter I’m not screwing her hair. As long as she’s a fun willing partner in bed, having hair isn’t a dealbreaker for me. If she shaves that’s fine too.
I’m more turned off if she smells like a expired tuna can rather than worrying about seeing a bearded dragon.

Old 07-13-2019, 08:08 AM

29,748 posts, read 34,415,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
I doubt some women like dealing with a guys hairy rod either. Some probably could care less and go to town regardless.

I don’t care either way. When i started having sex most women did not shave as much as they do today. So I’m used to hairy beavers. I mean it doesn’t matter I’m not screwing her hair. As long as she’s a fun willing partner in bed, having hair isn’t a dealbreaker for me. If she shaves that’s fine too.
I’m more turned off if she smells like a expired tuna can rather than worrying about seeing a bearded dragon.
I think the pendulum has swung back toward a more reasonable "you do you" attitude toward women's body hair (after a few years of "any hair below the eyebrows is gross.") Having body hair doesn't make anyone, man or woman, dirty or unhygienic. It's all about preferences.

Old 07-13-2019, 08:46 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,390,475 times
Some men don't like hair but I've known a few Christian conservative men who think a woman is slutty if she waxes her bikini line. I don't think women can win either way.

Old 07-13-2019, 08:47 AM

249 posts, read 196,281 times
I'm unshaven, and I think it's amusing to watch some men react to my armpits at the pool--it's truly a trigger for the lightweights. I've always thought secretly that men who want shaved women are attracted to younger girls with no hair there yet, but I'm sure they won't see that. I'm a human woman, so I have hair there, just like men.

Old 07-13-2019, 11:23 AM

77 posts, read 53,113 times
I wonder if women with unshaven armpits and legs are interested in dating, have a long-term companion or are just happy by themselves. Very often men don’t tell you what they really think. Why bother if you are so firm in your convictions? A potential mate — possibly a good match — may make up his mind and walk away. Even some husbands may cool off considerably over time and become more interested in their hobbies, watching sports on TV etc.
I’m not into body hair at all. If for you I’m not worth the trouble of shaving your legs, I’m going to move on to another lady.

Grooming pays off. For instance, I regularly get expensive haircuts. My time and money are both very well spent. Besides having a professional appearance at all times, I catch plenty of women looking at my hair with interest.

Old 07-13-2019, 12:14 PM

4,852 posts, read 3,651,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoDaVinci View Post
I wonder if women with unshaven armpits and legs are interested in dating, have a long-term companion or are just happy by themselves. Very often men don’t tell you what they really think. Why bother if you are so firm in your convictions? A potential mate — possibly a good match — may make up his mind and walk away. Even some husbands may cool off considerably over time and become more interested in their hobbies, watching sports on TV etc.
I’m not into body hair at all. If for you I’m not worth the trouble of shaving your legs, I’m going to move on to another lady.

Grooming pays off. For instance, I regularly get expensive haircuts. My time and money are both very well spent. Besides having a professional appearance at all times, I catch plenty of women looking at my hair with interest.
Hilarious. Husbands cooling off because their wives stop shaving?

If I left my husband over lack of "grooming" I would have already done so. I put more emphasis on his good points, not how much hair he has growing in his ears, or how frequently he does or does not bathe or shave.

Yawn....

Old 07-13-2019, 12:17 PM

11,230 posts, read 9,335,748 times
Well, I am an old hippie (straight male, just to be clear) and I am perfectly OK with the way women are made by nature. I do like for people to be clean. That means showering.

I suppose I might be considered a bit of a hypocrite because I shave my beard, but that's because I don't like the feel of the hair on my face, and as a constant allergy sufferer the mustache, blowing nose, etc. - well you get the idea.

Old 07-13-2019, 12:21 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,606,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
A lot of black people, men and women, don't shave. I'm guessing it's because they're prone to ingrown hairs, and not worth the aggravation.
Yep. In the military, recruits can get permission to waive facial hair grooming standards for this reason.

Old 07-13-2019, 12:59 PM

77 posts, read 53,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschrief View Post
Hilarious. Husbands cooling off because their wives stop shaving?

If I left my husband over lack of "grooming" I would have already done so. I put more emphasis on his good points, not how much hair he has growing in his ears, or how frequently he does or does not bathe or shave.

Yawn....
This thread title invited opinions and I expressed my own.
If your husband doesn’t bathe enough, grows forests in his ears and you’re happy with it, enjoy your lifestyle with passion. I don’t believe that people who watch their weight and take pride in their appearance are all shallow. Some are, of course, like some unkept men and women are philosophers, while the majority are only slovenly.

Old 07-13-2019, 01:43 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,563,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I think the pendulum has swung back toward a more reasonable "you do you" attitude toward women's body hair (after a few years of "any hair below the eyebrows is gross.") Having body hair doesn't make anyone, man or woman, dirty or unhygienic. It's all about preferences.
Sure it’s always been about preference. I prefer a trimmed kitty as far as length of hair. Other than that it’s all good. If she takes care of herself in those areas there won’t be any bad smell. There will always be some smell due to the human body but other than that I’m good for a visit south of the border. My wife sometimes shaves sometimes doesn’t. Makes no difference. Even if it was other women. I’m just not hung up on something as 8nsignifucant as pit or kitty hair. Even leg hair wouldn’t matter

I’m a relatively hairy dude and I definitely trim the lawn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty