Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2019, 03:24 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,354,326 times

Advertisements

No man is kicking a woman out of bed because of hair issues, Lol.

Old 07-13-2019, 04:41 PM

4,233 posts, read 6,914,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
No man is kicking a woman out of bed because of hair issues, Lol.
Regardless of my personal opinion, that's just a baseless and false statement.

It's pretty reasonable for something to turn someone off and not be able to follow through.

Old 07-13-2019, 05:14 PM

4,430 posts, read 2,712,210 times
While I don't find it aesthetically pleasing (I'm a guy), what does that matter? It's all about what makes a person happy. Not shaving is not un-hygienic.

Frankly, I prefer living in a society where people are not browbeaten into appearance-conformity by busybodies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzcrandall View Post
Considering women are now shaving their unmentionables, I don't see it happening.
Everything comes around again. And then the opposite will come around. And so on, and so on.

Old 07-14-2019, 07:36 AM

20,349 posts, read 19,941,445 times
There's nothing at all unpleasant about whistling through the wheat field.

That's my preference.

Old 07-14-2019, 10:08 AM

9,511 posts, read 6,110,882 times
I prefer myself totally bare & smooth. When I used to go ‘there’ on women for entertainment purposes I wanted the same or at least short.

Men? I like them in their natural state.

Old 07-15-2019, 09:33 AM

2,176 posts, read 1,326,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoDaVinci View Post
I wonder if women with unshaven armpits and legs are interested in dating, have a long-term companion or are just happy by themselves. Very often men don’t tell you what they really think. Why bother if you are so firm in your convictions? A potential mate — possibly a good match — may make up his mind and walk away. Even some husbands may cool off considerably over time and become more interested in their hobbies, watching sports on TV etc.
I’m not into body hair at all. If for you I’m not worth the trouble of shaving your legs, I’m going to move on to another lady.

Grooming pays off. For instance, I regularly get expensive haircuts. My time and money are both very well spent. Besides having a professional appearance at all times, I catch plenty of women looking at my hair with interest.
You were conditioned by marketing that hair on women is unacceptable : they sell double of shaving supplies that way.
Prior to that it was considered sexy- full bush was a sign of a womanhood and fertility- similar to wide hips and a long hair- which made that woman extremely desirable
I wonder as well if a society’s “requirement” for a grown woman’s shave down there is not influenced/ affects a state of pedophilia in that society.
A few men actually still have a fetish or preference for an unshaven woman. There are specific websites.

Old 07-15-2019, 09:59 AM

20,398 posts, read 14,683,356 times
I have my preferences for how I groom myself, but I'm not getting into that here. To be honest I think that describing the state of our own genitals is a little beyond PG-13, but I make an exception for HEALTH related, clinical and medical conversation.

Frankly I see it as a preference, plain and simple. I mean, I pluck hairs out of my chin that "nature" would have me leaving in place, but yanno I would rather not! I've got the sasquatch genetics man, nature wants me hairy but I do not have to play along if I don't want to. Nature would also have me getting pregnant from having sex, but I didn't wanna do that either so I've got my tubes tied. It's human nature to defy nature when we want to.

I've seen women who don't shave anything and they are beautiful. I've seen women who do, and they are also beautiful. I have (being a bi gal myself) admired women with natural long hair, and women who shave half of the hair on their heads off and dye the rest pink and green. I have admired women who are modified in ways vastly more extreme than a choice to remove some hair, too. All of it one's own choices to use the outside to reflect whatever the person living in that body wanted to look like. So long as they feel genuine and happy in their own skin...beautiful.

If one engineers their appearance to please someone else, I find that unfortunate. Do whatever you do, or don't, to please yourself. There's just no substitute for a human being who is at home in their body, radiating good, healthy, positive energy, and living life with joy and authenticity. If I shave my armpits, it's not because I don't want to offend some guy. It's because I like the way my body looks with no armpit hair. I have to live in this skin suit. He's just...a tourist. lol

Old 07-15-2019, 01:27 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,728,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I have my preferences for how I groom myself, but I'm not getting into that here. To be honest I think that describing the state of our own genitals is a little beyond PG-13, but I make an exception for HEALTH related, clinical and medical conversation.

Frankly I see it as a preference, plain and simple. I mean, I pluck hairs out of my chin that "nature" would have me leaving in place, but yanno I would rather not! I've got the sasquatch genetics man, nature wants me hairy but I do not have to play along if I don't want to. Nature would also have me getting pregnant from having sex, but I didn't wanna do that either so I've got my tubes tied. It's human nature to defy nature when we want to.

I've seen women who don't shave anything and they are beautiful. I've seen women who do, and they are also beautiful. I have (being a bi gal myself) admired women with natural long hair, and women who shave half of the hair on their heads off and dye the rest pink and green. I have admired women who are modified in ways vastly more extreme than a choice to remove some hair, too. All of it one's own choices to use the outside to reflect whatever the person living in that body wanted to look like. So long as they feel genuine and happy in their own skin...beautiful.

If one engineers their appearance to please someone else, I find that unfortunate. Do whatever you do, or don't, to please yourself. There's just no substitute for a human being who is at home in their body, radiating good, healthy, positive energy, and living life with joy and authenticity. If I shave my armpits, it's not because I don't want to offend some guy. It's because I like the way my body looks with no armpit hair. I have to live in this skin suit. He's just...a tourist. lol
And you're not kidding anyone but yourself in asserting that the bald and the pink and green crowd are doing it to please themselves.

Old 07-15-2019, 01:37 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,728,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik4me View Post
You were conditioned by marketing that hair on women is unacceptable : they sell double of shaving supplies that way.
Prior to that it was considered sexy- full bush was a sign of a womanhood and fertility- similar to wide hips and a long hair- which made that woman extremely desirable
I wonder as well if a society’s “requirement” for a grown woman’s shave down there is not influenced/ affects a state of pedophilia in that society.
A few men actually still have a fetish or preference for an unshaven woman. There are specific websites.
I think there's more than a few of us, but not among the younger crowd. And we're not the ones with the fetish - quite the opposite. But I do understand that that term is erroneously thrown around for us by those whose world has been turned on its head.

Old 07-15-2019, 02:15 PM

44,371 posts, read 20,076,303 times
I think it's time to close this thread. It's gone off-topic many times, and I've deleted some of those posts. Folks, remember which forum you're in when you post. The F&B forum is not for discussion of sexual preferences nor about medical/biological issues.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty