Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2016, 11:44 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,498,624 times

Advertisements

I like a little bush...and I ain't talking politics here.

Old 04-07-2016, 01:41 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
IMO, the problem is that many men are closet pedophiles. They want their women to look like they are 10 or 12 years old, prepubescent, no hair except on their head; no facial lines, no anything that says "Hey, look at me, look how mature I am!"
I think you've hit on something there.

Old 04-07-2016, 02:06 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,814,649 times
Why does it have to be one or the other?

I'm sure that women who eschew the razor have myriad reasons for doing so.

Old 09-09-2018, 11:48 AM

7 posts, read 5,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
IMO, the problem is that many men are closet pedophiles. They want their women to look like they are 10 or 12 years old, prepubescent, no hair except on their head; no facial lines, no anything that says "Hey, look at me, look how mature I am!"
Of course, they do not know and will not admit to wanting immature young girls. BUT, present them with a mature female with natural hair in the "wrong" spots, and they will RUN AWAY!
However, it is not their fault. They have been TRAINED that way by modern society: Women, in order to be desirable, must be hairless.
To be fair, a lot of women do things like shaving for THEIR OWN desire to look and feel good. For example, we know men probably don't care about eyebrows, but we often feel sexy when we know they're perfect.

Old 09-10-2018, 02:50 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
Forget women, I don't even like unshaven men. They need to wax back, crack and sack to look human.

Old 09-10-2018, 06:45 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times

I love it when people post articles which require a subscription to access.

Not.

Old 09-15-2018, 06:26 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,315,114 times
I could never go without shaving, it just looks so out of place especially if a woman is wearing a dress and high heels but has long, unshaven legs. There's a couple of actresses out there who have admitted they don't shave; one is Mayim Bialik and the other is a woman on some talk show. With Mayim her leg hair is not noticeable, the talk show woman has noticeably long, dark hair and I just think it looks gross. But that's just my opinion.

Women are free to do what makes them happy in the grooming department as long as it doesn't effect others like not wearing deodorant and making people around them suffer. I worked with a woman who was into everything natural and she didn't wear deodorant, make-up, nail polish, etc. Boy, if she was wearing a sleeveless top and came near me I about threw up from the smell.

Old 09-15-2018, 07:04 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,664,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
I love it when people post articles which require a subscription to access.

Not.
According to the New York Times website:

Quote:
Visitors have free access to a limited number of articles (including blog posts, slide shows and other multimedia features) each month on NYTimes.com. Your free, limited access resets at the beginning of each calendar month.
I have a digital subscription and I don't login until I run out of free articles.

And back to the topic, as long as a woman doesn't have hair on her face, I'm fine with it on the rest of her body. Razor bumps in the pubic area are pretty gross.

Old 09-16-2018, 03:23 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,795,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeptodream138 View Post
I think a lot of girls keep it a secret that they don't shave their legs and stuff during colder months. It's really annoying to have to shave every day or every other day, waxing hurts, depilatory creams are creepy and laser hair removal is really expensive. I shave but it's not like I look forward to it. I think a girl should be able to shave or not shave to her liking. And I don't think guys would really care all that much if women stopped shaving. Be honest---is some leg hair and armpit hair really a deal breaker? I don't know who told this new wave of women shaving their unmentionables all of a sudden that guys like that either. I mean, if you want to that's cool and I understand the allure to it but it hasn't seemed to make anyone less or more attractive since people have bee and are still reproducing.
Honestly, armpit hair is disgusting as Hell for both men and women! To me, it's just as bad as facial hair for both men and women!

As for leg hair, I'd probably be willing to tolerate a little bit of it (as in, very short leg hair--not the long kind!), but it would still be nice to shave it.

Also, for what it's worth, everything that I write here should apply to both women and men. It would be a much better world if everyone--both female and male--permanently got rid of all of their body hair and all of their facial hair. Heck, I myself certainly want to do this through full-body and full-face laser hair removal once I will actually be able to afford this.

Old 09-16-2018, 03:25 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,795,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Oh, as for my legs, not a ton of hair there but I shave them anyway. I like them to feel smooth. Pits: non-negotiable. They get shaved daily and that's that.
Have you ever seriously considered getting laser hair removal?

I want to get laser hair removal done since I am too lazy to shave my entire body--and unfortunately, I am hairy as Hell--on a regular basis. I mean, I certainly do shave--and much more than just my face--from time to time, but it's an extremely massive pain in the butt to do it every day or almost every day and thus I want to get laser hair removal done once I can actually afford it so that I can finally eliminate this problem once and for all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty