Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2010, 04:35 PM

1,517 posts, read 2,319,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumandcoke View Post
I most certainly am not from Texas! You want to talk about some women who wear too much gaudy makeup and ostentatious jewelry! Whoo! I am a Georgia girl by and by! You wouldn't happen to be from Florida, would you? I do not consider any part of that state to be part of the South.

I guess we'll just have to accept that we come from different places. My social circle is comprised of people who know better than to look plain and basic.

To each her own, I guess.
Haha, no not Texas either. I am from Alabama and have family from Georgia too, Savannah, Madison, St. Simons, Buckhead, and Jekyll just to name a few. Have you heard of those places? We are definitely not plain...we just don't wear our pearls to the grocery store....and no one I know does except maybe a few 80 year olds.

Old 06-20-2010, 04:37 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,401,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emi__ View Post
You had to have a full face of makeup to look healthy?
Yes...to even out skin tone, hide imperfections (birthmark, freckles, scars, etc.) and sometimes do light shading.

Old 06-20-2010, 04:44 PM

114 posts, read 127,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Whats the comment about Florida women about??? I live here.
As my grandpa used to say, if the barn needs painting, paint it. He was referring to women that wore makeup, love it!
It was in response to a poster calling herself a Southerner. Just was finding out where she's from is all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
Lol. And what brand of makeup would that be?
Well I'm partial to Revlon's Colorstay. I also use the Model in a Bottle setting spray when I exercise on super hot days to prevent the make up from even thinking of running down my face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Is that you, Miss Daisy?
I resent this comment. I am just a Southern woman contributing to the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Women don't NEED makeup. Do you see men wearing it? No. We look the same as we do when we wake up in the morning all day long. I personally don't believe in false advertising.
Yes, we do. If there was ever a "no makeup" day where all women were barred from wearing makeup, your attitude would change drastically.

Old 06-20-2010, 04:47 PM

1,233 posts, read 2,826,078 times
Women don't need makeup; women need to start eating better, keep themselves hydrated, and stop stressing over silly things.

Old 06-20-2010, 04:50 PM

114 posts, read 127,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smel View Post
Haha, no not Texas either. I am from Alabama and have family from Georgia too, Savannah, Madison, St. Simons, Buckhead, and Jekyll just to name a few. Have you heard of those places? We are definitely not plain...we just don't wear our pearls to the grocery store....and no one I know does except maybe a few 80 year olds.
Oh, Alabama! I have heard of all of those places. I have family in Brunswick.

I live in Johns Creek, just north of Atlanta. It's interesting to hear the differences between the way women choose to present themselves in Alabama compared to Georgia. I guess it's an urban vs. backwoods sort of thing.

Old 06-20-2010, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Well I'm partial to Revlon's Colorstay. I also use the Model in a Bottle setting spray when I exercise on super hot days to prevent the make up from even thinking of running down my face.
I LOVE the Colorstay line! I've been using it since my college days! My teammates (crew) would always ask me how I looked so great after practice and girls wanted to know how I looked so fresh when out clubbing in the hot & humid Hamptons. Colorstay was always my answer!!!

Old 06-20-2010, 04:57 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Quote:
I guess it's an urban vs. backwoods sort of thing.
yes, we all know that anywhere outside of northern Atlanta is "backwoods".

Old 06-20-2010, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emi__ View Post
Women don't need makeup; women need to start eating better, keep themselves hydrated, and stop stressing over silly things.

Not everybody is blessed with naturally beautiful, glowing skin and it's not always attainable with a healthy lifestyle.

And believe it or not, some of us actually enjoy putting on makeup. My makeup collection isn't because I need it, it's because I enjoy it. And women don't need heels to be feminine, but I'm certainly not about to give those up either!

Old 06-20-2010, 05:01 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,462,628 times
Wow - I always thought being a Southern lady had more to do with being brought up with manners than whether you wore a string of pearls to Home Depot. Guess I was wrong.

Old 06-20-2010, 05:07 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Wow - I always thought being a Southern lady had more to do with being brought up with manners than whether you wore a string of pearls to Home Depot. Guess I was wrong.
No, you are right, my mama's side of the family are all genteel Southern women, guess my downfall was being brought up in the Midwest, we don't suffer fools gladly there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty