Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 11:43 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,976,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
To each their own. There are some women who can get away or only want to wear very little to no makeup. Others look great or feel better in full makeup. Whatever floats their boat.

I feel better about myself when I have a "full-face". I need all the help I can get!!!
I'm sure you don't NEED the help but you feel more 'put together' with a full face which isn't a bad thing at all.

Old 05-18-2010, 11:55 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,303,143 times
I have good skin, so I apply base only where needed.

And I like make-up, so I wear all sorts. The items I use very little of is powder.

So, no, I don't think a "full" makeup job is necessary for those who have really good skin.

And I can't stand to see is real pale lips. One evening on the light-rain headed home I watched a woman take out her make-up bag and apply foundation, powder, eye-shadow and mascara, and yet she ignored her whittish lips. Had to wonder what was the point, then.

Old 05-18-2010, 05:55 PM

609 posts, read 1,260,352 times
i think thats ridiculous. i hate blush...ive already got pink in my cheeks, i hate concealer, i own one face powder but i rarely wear it because i dont like how any of that stuff feels on my face, i dont care much for mascara because my eyelashes are super long and i wear glasses, so when i put it on my lashes hit my glasses. i love eyeshadow and eyeliner and ive got a mess of both of those and im not into the neutrals. i like the colors. but everyone has their own thing...i think judging people on the amount of makeup they wear or how they wear it is lame.

Old 05-18-2010, 06:04 PM

1,786 posts, read 3,462,096 times
It's a personal preference thing. Personally, I think I would look AWFUL with a full-on faceful of make-up. It just does not suit me. Never has. I have big eyes that look just fine with mascara and a little eyeshadow. Liner looks TERRIBLE on me. I feel it makes me look hard somehow. I have nothing against women who go full throttle on make-up - but only when it suits them. The truly painted on face (especially during the day) really makes me just gawk at the wearer.

Come summer and from being out in the sun, I step down to mascara and a light colored lipstick only. But like I said - it's what looks best on the individual - and generally by the age of 22/23, you pretty much know what works for you.

Old 05-18-2010, 06:15 PM

609 posts, read 1,260,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cokatie View Post
It's a personal preference thing.

But like I said - it's what looks best on the individual - and generally by the age of 22/23, you pretty much know what works for you.
i agree...except i came to makeup late...i started at 25 lol.

Old 05-19-2010, 07:21 AM

796 posts, read 1,843,916 times
I love makeup...sometimes I wear a full face (usually for work or to go out), a little bit (on weekends) or nothing at all (gym, running or beach). It's all in how you apply it...

Old 05-19-2010, 09:25 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,676,925 times
I only wear blush/eyeshadow if I am going out on a weekend night. It's just too much for a day time look to me... I feel it looks like I am trying to hard. Foundation, mascara and brow powder are my three core make up items for a typical day.

Old 05-19-2010, 09:36 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,788,282 times
I used to experiment with blush, but it just looks weird on me. I like the bare minerals "warmth," which is supposed to just bring out, very very gently, the contours and angles of your face's bone structure. You brush it on gently, using just a tiny bit. In a "3" pattern. Forehead around your eye to cheek near nose, back toward your ear, and down to your chin from there. And mirror it on the other side. Just a single sweep, or two if you used too little. You won't really see any specific color, if you're doing it right. You'll just notice that your cheekbones appear a little more prominent, and your chin has more angle to it. It's just a very gentle healthy looking kind of thing. And really, that's what blush is supposed to be anyway.

Old 05-19-2010, 01:53 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,264,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shysister View Post
I was talking with some friends and they said they hate to see women with an incomplete 'face' meaning they have on make up but it's not completed and they might as well not put on any make up at all. They said you are suppose to at least have on:

foundation/power
eyeshadow
blush
mascara
eyeliner
eyebrows shaped
Lipgloss/Lipstick

you can add more like concealer, bronzer, etc. if needed but you at least need to be wearing the basics or you might as well not wear any make up at all.

Do you agree?
Foundation/Powder - sorry but they just don't know what they are talking about. If you have older skin or perfect skin you skip the foundation and definitely skip the powder.

Eyeshadow - I think some people look bad in eyeshadow. Its just too much going on. And again..less is more with extreme youth or aged skin

blush- Not everyone needs it. Some people are just pink in the cheeks. I only need it on pms pallid days. And even then barely any. I would rather see bare cheeks too on others than them wearing it wrong. Blush is tricky. Better to skip it than look like you should of.

mascara - not everyone needs this either.

eyeliner - I think most women of all ages and colors look better with a little bit of eyeliner.

eyebrows - not everyone needs this

lipgloss/lipstick - or chapstick. I do hate to see dry lips. Some people have enough natural pigment they can get away with balms.

my current favorite look:

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

And if you think you figured it out at 22 what you need to wear...you probably need to re-hash your make-up bag. That is something I see a lot. Women use the same thing they did at 22. At 42 your skin is not the same and even the color of your lips naturally changes with age.

Old 05-20-2010, 04:40 AM

114 posts, read 127,653 times
Full face of makeup everytime I go outside is an absolute must!

I live in a wealthy community where women are expected to maintain themselves, if you will. I have a very high social standing in my community, thus my need to look presentable (hair combed, radiant color, pearls, and a dress or blouse).

At the very least I will wear concealer, foundation (cream and powder), cream contour, blush, mascara, lip stick or lip stain or lip tar, lip gloss (when necessary), lip liner, cream eye shadow, and a skin pigment. I also use a toner every now and then. On most days when I'm at work or at a social event, I will wear my mink eyelashes too. It really stands out and makes my eyes look less sunken in.

I truly can't believe that there are women who allow themselves to be seen in public without makeup. I live in an environment where women enjoy being feminine and not so dull.

Last edited by rumandcoke; 05-20-2010 at 04:51 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty