Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 06:28 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,551,038 times

Advertisements

I want to know how a bank teller can afford to wear Louboutin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2010, 08:01 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,267,022 times
I think there is more to that story. There are beautiful women everywhere these days. She may honestly believe that was the deal, but it seems unlikely. If it's a matter of someone's manner of dress, that can be dealt with as a policy issue and then if someone doesn't change, it's no longer about their looks IMO.

Old 06-07-2010, 02:25 PM

4,537 posts, read 9,188,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
I think there is more to that story ...
There is indeed. Somehow got a new job with JPMorgan Chase and is already in trouble with them. And has begun a media tour including CBS' "The Early Show" NBC's "Today" and was taping interviews with MSNBC, the "Joy Behar Show" on CNN Headline News and "Inside Edition"

Debrahlee Lorenzana, suing Citibank for terminating her over dress, hits television to plead case - NY Daily News

Perhaps this thread should be moved from this forum to Celebrities

Old 06-07-2010, 03:13 PM

27 posts, read 42,310 times
She needs to get over herself! Not attractive!

Old 06-07-2010, 04:05 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,551,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet walker View Post
There is indeed. Somehow got a new job with JPMorgan Chase and is already in trouble with them. And has begun a media tour including CBS' "The Early Show" NBC's "Today" and was taping interviews with MSNBC, the "Joy Behar Show" on CNN Headline News and "Inside Edition"

Debrahlee Lorenzana, suing Citibank for terminating her over dress, hits television to plead case - NY Daily News

Perhaps this thread should be moved from this forum to Celebrities
I saw her on the Today show this morning. I guess this happened in 2008!

Old 06-07-2010, 08:29 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,975,630 times
She's an attractive woman but I think she's use to using her looks to her advantage however not every work environment is going to be comfortable with a attractive woman who uses her looks as bait but at the same time men are the very reason why attractive women play off their looks because it works. Every interview I've had by a male I knew I had the job upon shaking his hand and I've always been favored by male employees and supervisors however I always did a job well done and my stats proved it. So I didn't need to get by on my looks because my performance alone did the job but to say I didn't receive special treatment because I'm attractive would be a lie and I'm sure the same can be said for her. So she's just using what works for a woman in a male dominated work force.

Old 06-08-2010, 05:27 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,693,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
I saw her on the Today show this morning. I guess this happened in 2008!
2008?? You're kidding. She's been milking this for two years?

Old 06-08-2010, 05:53 AM

1,823 posts, read 1,881,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
2008?? You're kidding. She's been milking this for two years?
Lol Money talks

Old 06-08-2010, 08:12 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,778,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cokatie View Post
It may be just me, but I think this woman wanted publicity and to get her picture in the papers - and boy did she. Don't get me wrong - there are real issues for women in the workplace. But for this gal who appears to have an endless supply of photos of the various outfits she wore, I think I smell someone looking for their 15 minutes of fame ....
This sounds about right. There are thousands of hot women in the workplace in NYC--corporate and service industries, and I'm sure there were several in the Chrysler Bldg. Something tells me she was not all that competent and they let her go for other reasons, and now she's cashing in on the sexual harassment ticket. She's also milking the publicity, won't be long before old Hugh Hefner or Larry Flynt offers her a 6 or 7 figure deal to pose in their magazine. In this day and age of tabloid celebrities I think most people can read between the lines as to what's really going on here.

Old 06-10-2010, 06:11 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,257,845 times
So I guess since she was not working she would need some money. She probably got paid to do those photos along with the interviews. I just want to see the pics of the other jealous hags in the workplace. Those are the photos I want to see.

""'Oh, your pants are too tight. You cannot wear turtlenecks. You cannot wear pencil skirts because you draw too much attention,'" Lorenzana said her bosses at Citi told her."

Read more: Debrahlee Lorenzana, suing Citibank for terminating her over dress, hits television to plead case

So wtf is she suppose to wear? A sleeping bag?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty