Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 11:52 AM

5,342 posts, read 6,168,483 times

Advertisements

Just a quick update. We got back from the Bentonville/Rogers area Monday evening and my wife and I really enjoyed our visit. We found a home we really like in the Rogers Berry Farm subdivision. Does anyone have any insight into this area from a locals perspective? Is it a good area? Nice subdivision? etc.

Thanks again for all of your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2012, 12:05 PM

63 posts, read 226,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellgreen View Post
I am one of the Bentonville folks and I will tell you that Bentonville is the place to be. Rogers has some of the big neighborhoods with BIG homeowners fees. Not everyone wants that. Bentonville has some great neighborhoods without the HOA fees. Check out Stonehenge, Hanover, Kensington, Kingsbury, and Chapel Hill. The museum, parks, and town square give the town character whereas Rogers is more about the mall and chain restaurants. Of course to each their own, but I feel that especially with the schools (everybody wants to be in Bentonville's school district) as well as the amazing parks, museum, and town, Bentonville is an investment that will pay off.
not to knock Rogers but I find it (not the newer areas around I540) not as nice as Bentonville. First of all, in the old parts of town it seems really ran down. Moderator cut: inappropriate

Here is what we were told when we moved here and it does seem fitting......Bentonville is the best place to live (when I say Bentonville I am referring to Bentonville, Bella Vista and Centerton), Rogers is a close second and no matter what avoid Springdale like the plague! LOL

....Fayetteville is the other "really good" option but that depends if you want to commute to work and if you like a more liberal, college town type atmosphere. Bella Vista and Centerton are right there with Bentonville as well as long as your in the Bentonville school district. The schools in Bentonville were the deal breaker for us vs. Rogers.

Last edited by Kimballette; 08-09-2012 at 01:46 PM.. Reason: inappropriate

Old 08-09-2012, 12:05 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzourah2006 View Post
Just a quick update. We got back from the Bentonville/Rogers area Monday evening and my wife and I really enjoyed our visit. We found a home we really like in the Rogers Berry Farm subdivision. Does anyone have any insight into this area from a locals perspective? Is it a good area? Nice subdivision? etc.

Thanks again for all of your help!
thanks for getting back to us: I was thinking about you today as hubby and I were driving near some of the really nice Bentonville subdivisions.

I don't know a lot about Barry Farms, but I do know it is a younger neighborhood, with lots of couples and lots of young families and it is a pretty upward mobile, area. I think, if you found something you really like you should be happy. You will find a lot of the homes owned by young families that have transferred from other states, so it won't be a neighborhood of those who were born and raised in the state. You will though, probably find a lot of Razorback fans as many of the younger couples might be AR grads...

Good luck

Nita

Old 08-10-2012, 01:05 PM

41 posts, read 66,926 times
The Berry Farms area is great. You'll love Rogers - it is always ranked high on any of the "Top ten places to..." and that area is close to everything. I live close to that addition and love it. I've lived in many other areas and couldn't be happier here. I can't tell much of a difference between Bentonville and Rogers in terms of residential development. The only real variance is the shopping, roads, and where wal-mart is located. Hope you have a GREAT move to NWA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers