Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2015, 05:14 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWG223 View Post
It's excusable if she's dead or in a coma, though. That's all I'm saying.
of course,but what do you think the chances of that are?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2015, 07:49 AM

3,106 posts, read 3,992,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
of course,but what do you think the chances of that are?
Low, but higher than one typically thinks.

Old 03-30-2015, 08:19 AM

39 posts, read 82,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Because just by looking at her posts it's clearly all about her. She asked a ridiculous amount of questions, many of which she could have found out on her own with a little research.

I agree, she could give valuable feedback, but people like that only care about themselves.

What is going on here? Don't be judgmental. It is a free forum. She does not have to give feedback. Nobody owes anything here. If you don't like it, don't respond to her. But please don't insult others if they don't behave the way you want them to.

Old 03-30-2015, 01:42 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dil'se View Post
What is going on here? Don't be judgmental. It is a free forum. She does not have to give feedback. Nobody owes anything here. If you don't like it, don't respond to her. But please don't insult others if they don't behave the way you want them to.
I think had you been following her postings for the few months from the time she started asking questions until she moved you would understand the frustration some feel about her disapearance. Of course she doesn't owe anyone a response, but many who tried to help her would like to know how things worked out for her and her family.

Old 03-31-2015, 12:48 PM

39 posts, read 82,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I think had you been following her postings for the few months from the time she started asking questions until she moved you would understand the frustration some feel about her disapearance. Of course she doesn't owe anyone a response, but many who tried to help her would like to know how things worked out for her and her family.
I understand "frustration" but I don't understand the insults. If they give feedback, well and good. If not, move on..

Old 03-31-2015, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dil'se View Post
I understand "frustration" but I don't understand the insults. If they give feedback, well and good. If not, move on..
It just points to a personal failing on her part, and I agree, why bother getting frustrated over it? She's outta sight, outta mind!

Old 04-01-2015, 07:36 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
It just points to a personal failing on her part, and I agree, why bother getting frustrated over it? She's outta sight, outta mind!
I'm with Dilse on this one. Personal failing? She went to a website on the internet, asked some questions, got answers, and went on with her life. That's not a personal failing. While some people form relationships on the internet, others do not. That's just how it is. I personally hope she's doing well and is happy with the move, but I don't expect her to report to CityData how everything is going.

Old 04-02-2015, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I'm with Dilse on this one. Personal failing? She went to a website on the internet, asked some questions, got answers, and went on with her life. That's not a personal failing. While some people form relationships on the internet, others do not. That's just how it is. I personally hope she's doing well and is happy with the move, but I don't expect her to report to CityData how everything is going.

As people, I believe we are tasked with leaving things better than we found them. I push my chair in when I get up. I throw my wrappers in the trash. I put magazines back on the shelf, in their correct locations. I thank people for helping me.

The OP is the person who took the last glass out of the milk jug and put it back in the fridge, in my book. Take take take...done and gone.

My standards might just be too high for the average bear to emulate, and I respect that. That doesn't mean I won't make a character judgement about it, though. However, my judgement carries no "penalty", it's just my opinion of a person, for future reference and dealings of my own.

YMMV

Old 04-02-2015, 01:35 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
As people, I believe we are tasked with leaving things better than we found them. I push my chair in when I get up. I throw my wrappers in the trash. I put magazines back on the shelf, in their correct locations. I thank people for helping me.

The OP is the person who took the last glass out of the milk jug and put it back in the fridge, in my book. Take take take...done and gone.

My standards might just be too high for the average bear to emulate, and I respect that. That doesn't mean I won't make a character judgement about it, though. However, my judgement carries no "penalty", it's just my opinion of a person, for future reference and dealings of my own.

YMMV
The OP is a person who sought out information, received it and went on with her life. She didn't take the last glass out of the milk jug. The milk jug is full. If anyone else wants information, they can get it just by asking, too.

Your standards are fine as long as long as you apply them to yourself. To insist that someone else form a relationship on an anonymous internet forum simply because you have is crazy.

Old 04-04-2015, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The OP is a person who sought out information, received it and went on with her life. She didn't take the last glass out of the milk jug. The milk jug is full. If anyone else wants information, they can get it just by asking, too.

Your standards are fine as long as long as you apply them to yourself. To insist that someone else form a relationship on an anonymous internet forum simply because you have is crazy.

No, I ask that someone contribute. That is all. She failed to contribute anything, yet requested and got plenty of people doing her homework for her. Things did not come full circle.

Really, I must admit that OP grated on me, so maybe that colors my opinion, in fact, I'm sure it does. I wish I had not been as helpful, to be blunt. She was a poor investment of my time, and now I'm just throwing good money after bad, but venting, I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers