Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 09:32 AM

4,901 posts, read 8,757,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. DarcyJones View Post
Celebrate your small towns and communities, appreciate their quirky individuality and character, do not allow them to become a composit homogeneous land mass as is happening here in our great European Super State experiment. God bless America....
Amen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2014, 04:08 PM

2,919 posts, read 3,188,111 times
Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

Last edited by Yac; 10-30-2014 at 08:05 AM..

Old 10-22-2014, 11:05 PM

3,106 posts, read 3,992,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starrider434 View Post

Thanks! Looks like I was correct, though, in where I bought land, figuring the mountains would prevent any issues. I am near the Lost Bridge Village area. Shouldn't be an issue.

Old 10-23-2014, 10:30 AM

4,901 posts, read 8,757,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWG223 View Post
I am near the Lost Bridge Village area. Shouldn't be an issue.
From what I can see on google, LBV is an absolutely beautiful area. Beaver Lake is a jewel (been there).

Old 10-23-2014, 01:22 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,131,585 times
Really all I know about the Harrison area is the Buffalo River area, which is great. There seem to be a lot of people who making a living with river outfitters south of Harrison, and we've found some cool restaurants and smokehouse type places down there just off the river. It is very scenic. Harrison itself seems pretty standard American town with an old downtown area with good buildings, but lots of auto-oriented type development out on the main highway.

Old 10-23-2014, 02:40 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starrider434 View Post

Homefacts is combining tornadoes in Oklahoma on May 10th with the tornado that touched down in Bentonville. Their information is not accurate.

Old 01-02-2015, 02:12 PM

2 posts, read 3,714 times
Is Harrison as racist as people tell me? I really want a small town, but I do like diversity.

Old 01-03-2015, 05:11 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by farthershores View Post
Is Harrison as racist as people tell me? I really want a small town, but I do like diversity.
All I can say is; it is a small town and many of the people living there have been there for generations. As for as racist as you have heard, probably not. People who do not live there and have never been there still think of KKK when they think of Harrison. That was then, not now. From those I have talked to it is very friendly town. Don't expect a lot of diversity in any small town, anywhere for that matter. This doesn't mean racist necessarily.

Old 01-04-2015, 09:48 PM

620 posts, read 1,233,445 times
This racism talk about Harrison is all blown out of proportion. I know people who have lived in Harrison their whole lives and never even met someone involved with the kkk. People need to stop making generalizations! Also Omaha is a great town to look into. Omaha is only about 15 minutes to Branson. Branson to Harrison is about 30 mins. Either way it's a very easy trip from either town to Branson. Lots of people commute to Branson every day from either town and visa versa. If you stop by Omaha eat at Charlie's cafe it's a great place to eat. Awesome homemade pies! Ps all the members of the kkk have MOVED to Harrison from other states. Most people around the area don't have a racist bone in their bodies.

Old 01-09-2015, 04:24 PM

3,106 posts, read 3,992,339 times
During my time in NWA, I did not observe any racism. I saw numerous multi-racial couples, and all looked comfortable, as did those around them. I interacted with people of most "main racial origins" (Asian, African, European, South American) as I consider them, and all treated me equally, politely, and behaved in such a way that implied expectation of the same.

Ironically, part of the reason I am moving to Arkansas is for the better racial equality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers