Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2015, 02:46 PM

61 posts, read 80,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Both Bentonville and west Rogers would be the place to start looking for your future home. You will be surprised at the cost of property. Fayetteville might be a consideration as well, but it is going to be more liberal. If conservative is what you want and nice subburban living, shoot for the 2 areas that have been suggested. of course my favorite area for many reasons is Bella Vista. And it is becoming more a sought after community for younger people I think you would be happier in Rogers or Bentonville.
Thank you Nita! I got your message by the way but I have apparently reached my message limit.

Old 05-10-2015, 07:10 AM

3,106 posts, read 3,992,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Both Bentonville and west Rogers would be the place to start looking for your future home. You will be surprised at the cost of property. Fayetteville might be a consideration as well, but it is going to be more liberal. If conservative is what you want and nice subburban living, shoot for the 2 areas that have been suggested. of course my favorite area for many reasons is Bella Vista. And it is becoming more a sought after community for younger people I think you would be happier in Rogers or Bentonville.
Everything here is stoopid cheap for what you get, regarding the quality of life.

Old 05-11-2015, 02:21 AM

240 posts, read 344,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Escape from Los Angeles View Post
I grew up in Brentwood, went to Texas A&M and I am looking to get out of CA. I am sick of liberal politics, high taxes, drought, illegal immigrants etc.

I have an MA in economics, and recently inherited my late parents house. Looking to purchase a home in cash for less than $250k in safe "Brady Bunch" suburbia. I'm a single and straight half Asian/half white late 20s woman, culturally all American. Looking for a place that's growing and has a good future whilst still retaining that "heartland America" feel that's been lost in urban California, Texas and points East. Not religious but enjoy their prescense and values. Looking to hopefully settle down and start a family, I am not into moving around and I'm looking for somewhere to spend a long time in.
I would recommend Texas especially you were in College Station area before.

I know several Vietnam second or third generation folks and Chinese students in NWA. In Arkansas, except LR, Pine Bluff, and West Memphis, most communities are white super majority. You will see a very low diverse here. You may see a few asian community in Fayetteville (mostly affiliated with U of Arkansas) or Bentonville (mostly affiliated with Wal-Mart, JB Hunt, and Tyson). Even though you are half white and half asian, you may still encounter certain kind of embarrassment or hidden racism toward Asian here.

However, in Texas, Asian population is growing faster and community is more diverse than NWA. You will have a better life experience with no state income tax, low sales tax (Texas do not charge unprepared food tax), and better weather (for Houston area). You will also enjoy a conservative but more open society than Arkansas. In Houston area, Katy, Suger Land, Missouri City, Cypress are all great choice for you.

For a mid-20 young professional, Texas may have better career growth than NWA either.

Except for absolute necessary (like a wonderful offer from Wal-Mart or you future fiancee will be here), I would recommend Texas.

Last edited by USERXXXX; 05-11-2015 at 02:33 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers