Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2018, 02:40 PM

27,218 posts, read 43,942,133 times

Advertisements

Is this creating staffing issues, or only in the usual high demand jobs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2018, 05:30 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Is this creating staffing issues, or only in the usual high demand jobs?
The Fayetteville business district stats refer to all of NWA pretty much and the unemployment rate even during the recession has been much lower than the national average. Let's just say, there are a lot of signs out "help wanted" and they are in all fields, from retail to top of the line. I do not have the answer, but I do know those who are qualified for a position should have no trouble finding work.

Old 02-22-2018, 12:47 PM

1,187 posts, read 1,329,241 times
Yep, a lot of "Help Wanted" and "Now Hiring" signs everywhere.

And still we have panhandlers

Please don't encourage them by giving them money. They are not waiting for work, not homeless, not much of anything they claim

Old 02-23-2018, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slytrix View Post
Yep, a lot of "Help Wanted" and "Now Hiring" signs everywhere.

And still we have panhandlers

Please don't encourage them by giving them money. They are not waiting for work, not homeless, not much of anything they claim
I am always shocked when I see someone give them any money. If I were to do anything it would be buy them a sandwich and hand it to them when I get close enough to them. I have never done this but might someday.

Old 02-23-2018, 09:36 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I am always shocked when I see someone give them any money. If I were to do anything it would be buy them a sandwich and hand it to them when I get close enough to them. I have never done this but might someday.
I've tried it. Food and water were declined. Money was requested.

Old 02-23-2018, 02:38 PM

1,187 posts, read 1,329,241 times
I have even seen them standing almost next to a sign or banner that says "Now Hiring" while claiming to be poor, homeless etc. Actually think the last time was in the Krispy Kreme shopping center in Bentonville.

They don't want to work. They want you to work and then give it to them. Don't

Old 02-24-2018, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I've tried it. Food and water were declined. Money was requested.
this is pretty much what I would expect. I will not give them money. Yesterday we were at exit 86 heading toward Sam's. There is one guy who has been pan handling there for years. Anyway, guess the rain was too much for him cause he wasn't there, but the trash he had left behind was. I was totally blown away and i don't mean by the wind.

Old 02-26-2018, 07:23 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
this is pretty much what I would expect. I will not give them money. Yesterday we were at exit 86 heading toward Sam's. There is one guy who has been pan handling there for years. Anyway, guess the rain was too much for him cause he wasn't there, but the trash he had left behind was. I was totally blown away and i don't mean by the wind.
There was a twosome at the exit south of the Sam's exit last summer. I bought them a sack of burgers from McDonald's, and a six-pack of water. The burgers were still hot when I approached them. They refused the burgers because they were hot and it was hot outside, and they refused the water because (and I kid you not) a six-pack weighed too much. But they told me a twenty would really help them out.

Old 02-26-2018, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
There was a twosome at the exit south of the Sam's exit last summer. I bought them a sack of burgers from McDonald's, and a six-pack of water. The burgers were still hot when I approached them. They refused the burgers because they were hot and it was hot outside, and they refused the water because (and I kid you not) a six-pack weighed too much. But they told me a twenty would really help them out.
and we wonder who raised them and with what type of morals?

Old 04-22-2018, 04:07 PM

2,653 posts, read 3,048,329 times
I see a ton of "Help wanted" signs here in Phoenix (and Denver too.)

I think it's a reflection of rapidly growing metro areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers