Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2019, 12:02 AM

147 posts, read 230,415 times

Advertisements

We live in so. Az, but newly dx'd lung issue, possibly copd? SoAz isnt working for us for several reasons, some of them being no greenspaces, skyrockering rents, dusty air, semi rude people and elevation above 2400ft.. we've chosen nwa after researching it off and on for over a year. Any cautions or ideas for 60ish retired couple wanting to embrace a kinder, gentler new hometown that's more affordable, peaceful, safer than other areas on the coasts? We just want to live a peaceful life with our 2 little dogs and eat out, go to the doctor sometimes, church, garden and perhaps go bowling? We are so excited about putting our relication into motion we are going to drive out there next week to see all of it in person and look for a home rental! We will only have 3 days then head back to pack!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2019, 08:10 AM

540 posts, read 1,106,532 times
I can't advise on health aspects of course, but I hope you like it during your visit! I will say that some people do have allergy problems here but so far so good for us. We've met nothing but great friendly people here. Been here about a year. We live pretty quietly and my mom has been trying to figure out what retirement (and being widowed) means for her. She's been enjoying the Adult Wellness Center at Rogers (if you are over 55) and met some people through it. I don't know which of the 4 "cities" you are planning on though and Bentonville and Springdale both have great activity/community centers too, just not limited to over 55. Anyway, good luck!

Old 10-22-2019, 05:15 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbiloo View Post
We live in so. Az, but newly dx'd lung issue, possibly copd? SoAz isnt working for us for several reasons, some of them being no greenspaces, skyrockering rents, dusty air, semi rude people and elevation above 2400ft.. we've chosen nwa after researching it off and on for over a year. Any cautions or ideas for 60ish retired couple wanting to embrace a kinder, gentler new hometown that's more affordable, peaceful, safer than other areas on the coasts? We just want to live a peaceful life with our 2 little dogs and eat out, go to the doctor sometimes, church, garden and perhaps go bowling? We are so excited about putting our relication into motion we are going to drive out there next week to see all of it in person and look for a home rental! We will only have 3 days then head back to pack!
I will keep this simple: we moved here from New Mexico so know what you mean about the concerns about living in the SW. I am not judging any area because we all have our reasons for our choices, but let me tell you, as most people who post here often know how I feel: We have never been happier with a location to all "home" than right here in NWA. We live in Bella Vista, and have all that you are looking for. We are so happy here many in our family have followed us and now live here. In the past we have lived in CA, DC, Dallas and NM. WE have now been here for 11 plus years. It is perfect? Of course not, but I can't think of a better place to spend the autumn years of our lives. Why? Weather, though it can get pretty cold and pretty hot from time to time: 4 real seasons, lower col: enough to do and hobbies to develop: wonderful churches and most of all, people who really care about others.

I would add a few more comments: I don't think Springdale would be good for you but that is strictly a personal feeling. I am judging that comment on what we have witnessed about the city and what you are looking for. As for allergies, if it is a concern, most of us know allergies are based on what an individual is allergic to. I never suffered from any until we moved to NM> I was horrible in the spring but the rest of the year I was fine. Here I have some mild problems year around but nothing like the springs in NM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers