Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2021, 07:11 AM

64 posts, read 53,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguinite View Post
Really? With the necessary modifications for a code-legal wood stove, it would almost certainly be considered a permanent fixture. And as to whether or not 'it's specifically advertised as a selling point', I'd think common sense would go the other way... it's something almost anyone looking at the house would assume was staying unless it was specifically excluded.
They're considered as fixtures Stoves: gas-log, pellet, wood-burning.

I've found this site (below) to be one of the easiest to to understand. It's from Arizona Realtor Assoc. but pretty much the same as CA where I am, and a half dozen or so other states I looked at so far.

Fixture vs Personal Property… Whether you’re buying or selling a home you need to understand the difference!

https://wisemoveaz.com/fixture-vs-pe...he-difference/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2021, 07:21 AM

20,099 posts, read 9,003,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
Unless specifically addressed in the purchase contract that mailbox was part of the property you agreed to purchase. The seller had no more right to take the mailbox than they did taking out all the windows.

What I would do is contact the agent and demand they either 1) Bring the box back and install it in the same condition it was in on the day of closing OR 2) Pay for the purchase and install of a new similar quality box.
I agree, the agent most likely will pay for it out of their commission.

Old 09-06-2021, 08:03 AM

327 posts, read 211,189 times
This ranks right up their with a seller taking a single landscape rock weighing at least 700lbs and leaving their washer and dryer behind…….

Old 09-06-2021, 08:19 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,162,125 times
At least in the TX Contract their is a place to "Exclude" normal left items like Grandmas favorite antique light fixture.

You might see if they excluded.

But it sounds like they may have removed it before they listed the home and it was not there.

Old 09-06-2021, 08:31 AM

4,834 posts, read 3,262,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC Native View Post
They're considered as fixtures Stoves: gas-log, pellet, wood-burning.

I've found this site (below) to be one of the easiest to to understand. It's from Arizona Realtor Assoc. but pretty much the same as CA where I am, and a half dozen or so other states I looked at so far.

Fixture vs Personal Property… Whether you’re buying or selling a home you need to understand the difference!

https://wisemoveaz.com/fixture-vs-pe...he-difference/
I didn't see anything specific to stoves there (didn't watch the video). But still... draperies? I can see mounted curtain rods as 'permanent'... but draperies are separate and removable. That would say to me that if you have a shower rod that's screwed to the wall, the cheap plastic curtain has to stay with it. But what if it's one of those tension rods? Can I take my cheap plastic shower curtain?

If a woodstove has ducting, I still can't believe they wouldn't consider that a permanent fixture. Maybe that's kinda like taking the TV, but you have to leave the wall mount. So take your stove, but leave the venting/ductwork and maybe the brick hearth and wall protection...

Old 09-06-2021, 10:06 AM

4,384 posts, read 4,382,516 times
Might want to check with the letter carrier and make sure there really WAS a mailbox. Maybe they used a post office box to get all their mail.

Old 09-06-2021, 12:57 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,340,189 times
It is possible that the previous owners had a homemade mailbox with some sentimental value and simply took it with them. My grandfather had a mailbox that he had made which was like a mini-model of the first house he built and I know he had that mailbox at two different addresses.

At any rate, in the meantime, a decent sized US legal mailbox can be had for under $20

It is perfectly legal to just plop that thing on your front step.

A length of 2x4 as a post and a simple shelf bracket or section of 2x4 for a brace, and you can be in business with a proper 4' tall, pole mounted roadside mailbox in under an hour for under $40.

Old 09-06-2021, 02:14 PM

4,834 posts, read 3,262,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
It is possible that the previous owners had a homemade mailbox with some sentimental value and simply took it with them. My grandfather had a mailbox that he had made which was like a mini-model of the first house he built and I know he had that mailbox at two different addresses.

At any rate, in the meantime, a decent sized US legal mailbox can be had for under $20

It is perfectly legal to just plop that thing on your front step.

A length of 2x4 as a post and a simple shelf bracket or section of 2x4 for a brace, and you can be in business with a proper 4' tall, pole mounted roadside mailbox in under an hour for under $40.
Unless you're rural, where depending on location, the PO will take down a 4x4 post box like that and leave it on the side of the road with a note on what to replace it with. I learned that the hard way (Texas). They want cars to able to run over them without killing the driver. Unfortunately, teenagers also seem to find great sport in just knocking them down for fun.

Old 09-06-2021, 04:05 PM

43,269 posts, read 77,063,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandramast View Post
Of all the things. The Seller took the mailbox for the home we just purchased. I can't seem to find anything on the POA/Architectural Committee website that tells me what rules I need to comply with when I have a new one installed. Speaking of which, I cannot find any company online that will sell/make/install a mailbox in BV. Lowes/HD have them but will still need to be installed properly and I'm not personally able to do that. We are less than a week away from COE and I'd like to get this little issue resolved. Anybody know anything about mailboxes?

How old is the house and neighborhood?

If it is only a few years old, you may be collecting your mail at a neighborhood kiosk.
USPS has ceased curbside mail delivery in newer subdivisions for cost savings.

Old 09-06-2021, 04:24 PM

1,601 posts, read 865,016 times
For what it's worth, Hearth & Home in Lowell does most if not all of the mailboxes in new subdivisions, including mine and my parents across town.

They have relatively poor reviews on line, but most seem to stem from taking a while to call people back. Probably because they have so much business from builders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
View detailed profiles of: