Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona
 [Register]
Flagstaff-Sedona Coconino County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 09:02 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,949,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Tirebiter View Post
As the other folks here stated the big challenge here is jobs. It's a 'right to be an indentured servant (I mean right to work') state, so low wages and vamployers galore. If you have jobs you may be over that hurdle, but if you're not used to significant amounts of snow, it could be a shock. 12 feet of snow a year is not uncommon. Also 75 in the summer may sound great but being at 7000ft elevation that leads to rather cold winters and less than ideal temps (compared to Silicon Valley) during spring and fall.
In Flag you're also a long way from many conveniences you're used to in Silicon Valley. It might be a novelty initially, but a nuisance fairly quickly.
It is a beautiful area though around Flagstaff although Flag itself isn't much to look at. Spend as much time as you can in Sedona where it gets about 12 inches of snow a year and is usually at least 15 degrees warmer in the winter. When we lived in Sedona we only went to Flagstaff on the days in the summer when it was hot. Otherwise it was too cold, especially after coming from Southern California.
My suggestion would be to spend a week or two in Flag in the dead of winter and see how it feels to you.
Since when does Sedona get 12" of snow a year??? It MIGHT, if they have 12 snows of 1". lol

I've lived in Flagstaff and the ONLY thing I didn't like was the winter weather. I never had a problem finding anything I needed at any time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2012, 12:26 AM

7 posts, read 27,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caryberry View Post
Flagstaff is a great "little" town...but as other have stated in reply to your post - WORLDS away from S-Valley on so many levels. My mother-in-law suggests "never being further than 20 miles from a Costco...there is a reason that they are there. The rest will work itself out."

Arizona is a very, very, very conservative Red state. Did I mention conservative?
In general yes but Flagstaff is the most leftist of all AZ, plenty of green/environmentalists here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona