Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona
 [Register]
Flagstaff-Sedona Coconino County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2016, 05:57 PM

1,077 posts, read 2,085,595 times

Advertisements

While I don't wholeheartedly agree with the author of this rant, I know where he/she is coming from and can certainly agree with many points.
LANGUAGE WARNING, but a good read none the less.
Goodbye Sedona!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2016, 07:43 AM

849 posts, read 2,923,216 times
Huh. Guess he hates Sedona.

Old 11-04-2016, 09:06 AM

1,823 posts, read 2,277,820 times
That rant is chocked with profanity, which is a big indicator of the document author's limited vocabulary and lack of intelligence. It seems to be filled with hatred for people who were financially successful in their lives, and on a larger scale, corporations that are successful. If that person concentrated on educating themselves in a field of interest that also has a high financial payback, that person could likely have lived a better life. Instead, they only have minimal job skills, and can only earn poverty wages of $10 a hour, likely part time jobs with no benefits. That creates a bitter attitude, envying the successful people, and the expectations of entitlement for government handouts.

Perhaps that person can relocate to a different place where the government makes more generous payments to freeloaders. Or, if its not too late in life, get an education or learn a trade that has a significant financial payback, and significantly improve their standard of living.

However, judging the person from their rant, I would predict that their future will not change for them. They will continue to work at low skill poverty wage part time, no benefits jobs, and be bitter about their life, expecting or demanding freeloader handouts from the financially successful people in society that have worked very hard to improve their lives.

Old 11-04-2016, 04:17 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,953,657 times
ROTFLMAO! What a great rant! I think we should invite him to post it on CD (the PG version of course).

I LOVE it, "A bunch of pretentious white people making Indian art and selling it for top dollar while pretending to have the spirit of Geronimo inside them!"

Remember, Arizona is a horrible place, nobody in their right mind would move here.

Arizona is a terrible place, do not think about living here.

Old 11-06-2016, 07:48 PM

1,551 posts, read 3,646,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davephan View Post
That rant is chocked with profanity, which is a big indicator of the document author's limited vocabulary and lack of intelligence. It seems to be filled with hatred for people who were financially successful in their lives, and on a larger scale, corporations that are successful. If that person concentrated on educating themselves in a field of interest that also has a high financial payback, that person could likely have lived a better life. Instead, they only have minimal job skills, and can only earn poverty wages of $10 a hour, likely part time jobs with no benefits. That creates a bitter attitude, envying the successful people, and the expectations of entitlement for government handouts.

Perhaps that person can relocate to a different place where the government makes more generous payments to freeloaders. Or, if its not too late in life, get an education or learn a trade that has a significant financial payback, and significantly improve their standard of living.

However, judging the person from their rant, I would predict that their future will not change for them. They will continue to work at low skill poverty wage part time, no benefits jobs, and be bitter about their life, expecting or demanding freeloader handouts from the financially successful people in society that have worked very hard to improve their lives.
While I don't agree with the guy that wrote that, I'll also have to take exception to your post. According to you, the only problem that you see is that the guy can't find a job that pays living wages in Sedona. The only thing you concern yourself about is trashing the guy because in your simple view of things, he is an uneducated moron. Who knows what this guys life story is? For all we know, he is one of those people that does have an education and still can't find a good job. There are plenty of people that have a piece of paper that says they are educated yet many of those same people are on welfare. You might pick on the guy for his choice of trying to find a good paying job in a small town full of retirees. Not exactly a place to look for that six figure income.
Frankly, I think you miss the point of his post entirely. His points about how the city, county and others approved some very unsightly and not very well thought out construction in a highly vulnerable scenic area. To be honest, he has some good points on the environment although he has some inappropriate ways of expressing his opinion.
Your post points out only a very narrow minded view of the situation. You question his motives, his education and his status in our society. That's your only focus. Money, income and status. You say absolutely nothing about one of his complaints about our environment. It's you that seems to have the problem. He, on the other hand, is solving his problem by moving to somewhere that might work better for him.
Sedona is a visual wonderland that should be protected and while I'm far from being an environmentalist, I do want to save for our children and future generations what we so much enjoy ourselves and if we allow corporate America determine what goes where then we might as well do as the original poster comically states. Just put a Walmart and McDonalds in the Grand Canyon. Their profits should soar so all is good even though they had to tear down the El Tovar to do it.
Well, my rant is over as well. My apologies. I just get a bit riled over the "haves" doing their best to make the "have nots" look like they are not worth having in our society.
And before you so arrogantly go off on me personally, let me just say that I own my home outright, I have worked all my life and earned everything I own. I pay taxes, I have ZERO debt and owe nobody anything so don't go off about how I must be one of the low lifes sucking the life out of those who actually contribute to our society by getting "freeloader handouts" as you say.
The guy is working. Doesn't sound like he is taking any handouts to me. He is moving to a different area to try and better himself. Isn't that exactly what you are talking about yet you choose to insult him and every low wage earner in our society.
Again, sorry for the rant. Rant over.

Last edited by maverick974; 11-06-2016 at 07:58 PM..

Old 11-06-2016, 07:53 PM

39 posts, read 77,981 times
Having lived in Sedona I can state that the rant is 99.99% correct.

The key to happily living in Sedona is to avoid at all costs any contact with the citizens of Sedona.
Which is hard to do if you are a social butterfly, or work...and don't have a spouse who is your best friend, who enjoys hiking and the loveliness of the outdoors with you.

I could tell you stories, many unbelievable, about the things I've seen people do in Sedona, but my fingers would hurt from too much typing.

So long story short, I do believe I may move back there someday...for the scenery.

Old 11-08-2016, 02:00 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,386,686 times
I love Sedona.I am sorry that his life was not better in Sedona.

Old 11-08-2016, 02:07 PM

903 posts, read 583,700 times
There are inexpensive places to live near Sedona. It is a very desirable place, why wouldn't property prices and rents be expensive?

I couldn't get past the first paragraph, I don't particularly like profanity.
cd :O)

Old 11-08-2016, 10:12 PM

1,500 posts, read 1,773,203 times
I've been to Sedona like 7 times and am always glad to be leaving. Without fail, every single time there is some crazy weirdo doing something completely bizarre. Like the lady in her convertible who was shaking her head like a rockstar in her convertible at the stop light in front of everyone. It was funny but honestly how high do I need to get to be like "oh that's normal?" Not to mention they are obsessed with energy fields... it's creepy.

Old 11-09-2016, 02:04 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,909,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minntoaz View Post
I've been to Sedona like 7 times and am always glad to be leaving. Without fail, every single time there is some crazy weirdo doing something completely bizarre. Like the lady in her convertible who was shaking her head like a rockstar in her convertible at the stop light in front of everyone. It was funny but honestly how high do I need to get to be like "oh that's normal?" Not to mention they are obsessed with energy fields... it's creepy.

Geez, how come I never see stuff like that?? lol I get asked, all the time, about a Vortex and where to find one. I have no idea and wouldn't know a Vortex if one jumped up and slapped me upside the head.

I grew up in the Verde Valley and lived in Sedona when I was a little girl...1945. I remember when it was all ranches, agriculture and tons of fruit orchards. The views were spectacular and nothing...like traffic and people!...to distract. I loved Sedona through the 60s and then started to not like it so much. I rarely ever go there anymore and when I do it's usually going to Flagstaff because I enjoy driving through the canyon. I really wish everyone could see it as it used to be just once. I miss it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona